The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The crowd restrictions have to be extended apparently...
There's few people I dislike more than Jason Leitch. Yeah let's have a few thousand people in Silverburn and Braehead on a Saturday but noooooo not 1,500 outside at Somerset. It's a farce.

I'm a teacher, spending my day in a building with 1,000 people in it, and probably 50% of pupils wearing a mask. Infuriates me I can't go to the football.

Everything I am reading online at the moment is hinting at outdoor limits being changed with indoor potentially taking a little longer 

Sturgeon done an interview with STV and his feelings were that football etc was going to be changed prior to SPFL Premiership games in 18th January 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

There's few people I dislike more than Jason Leitch. Yeah let's have a few thousand people in Silverburn and Braehead on a Saturday but noooooo not 1,500 outside at Somerset. It's a farce.

I'm a teacher, spending my day in a building with 1,000 people in it, and probably 50% of pupils wearing a mask. Infuriates me I can't go to the football.

The most idiotic comparison is the fact that we're permitted to cram people into Camerons Bar in a cramped indoor setting just literally 10 yards from the Ground but can only allow 350 people or so to sit outdoors in a stadium which hold nearly 11,000 people !!

If someone / anyone can explain the rationale / science on that one, then by God I'd like to hear it !!!!!

3 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I think stadiums are being reviewed next week, with tomorrow being a weekly update.

The current restrictions were up to at least 17th January so I would think she would need to update us this week on the restrictions as the next update would be after the proposed end of current restrictions 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I think stadiums are being reviewed next week, with tomorrow being a weekly update.

The problem we have is that the latest 7 day figures actually show that Scotland's figures per 100k have reduced while England's have increased which of course gives the SG reason for sticking to their guns and making a point that the reduction here as opposed to England's increase could be directly related to our deeper restrictions.

Yes, it is of course good from a public health perspective if this translates across the NHS stats and of course mortality rates.

That being said, it still doesn't alter the fact that currently guys like us are being encouraged to watch football indoors potentially with drink as opposed to in an outdoor setting without the shwalley, as such that seems to fly in the face of everything we've previously been told as regards "staying safe".

Over and above this, if it was purely about driving down infections and "following the science", then places of worship would be closed / restricted, non essential shops would be closed and online schooling would be reintroduced until we were over the worst / through the winter.

The bottom line is that Sports and Nightlife were picked as some sort of virtue signalling / easy target type scapegoat in an attempt to appease those in society who seem to be most nervous and unfortunately as football supporters we're the ones that are suffering.

Personally I'm a bit of a pragmatist in life and that's why I find it so difficult to accept rules and regulations which are not only contradictory but completely irrational and illogical.

Honestly, if someone can explain to me WHY it's deemed safe to go to the pub and watch the game but unsafe to go through a turnstile to watch it, I'd really appreciate it, as I'm finding this very hard to accept and I'm guessing that I'm probably not alone in that......

I see Scott Burns ( normally quite reliable)has put out a tweet stating that Rangers are looking to extend Maxwells contract , can only be good for  us I would think keeping him to end of season 

Edited by Finlay21

I see Scott Burns ( normally quite reliable)has put out a tweet stating that Rangers are looking to extend Maxwells contract , can only be good for  us I would think keeping him to end of season 

But maybe not so good in terms of getting him here permanently. If the guy has any sense he’ll tell them to f**k off and leave for ourselves where he’ll actually develop as a player.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

But maybe not so good in terms of getting him here permanently. If the guy has any sense he’ll tell them to f**k off and leave for ourselves where he’ll actually develop as a player.

Think there would be a real big difference in earnings , hopefully game time overrules financial gains , it’s a tough one 

Think there would be a real big difference in earnings , hopefully game time overrules financial gains , it’s a tough one 

He did say that he feels his pathway to the first team is blocked by Barisic and Bassey so he knows himself he isn’t going to make it there. Is a simple choice between money or actually having a career in the game. Rangers are only offering him a deal because they know we can offer him a PCA and get him for next to nothing.

If he looks at Patterson as an example he will know he needs to leave to progress If Scotland's first choice RB can't get into the team Maxwell has a hell of a fight to even make the first team squad, I think another season or two with us playing every week would do do the boy wonders.

9 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

Surely given England's refusal to impose restrictions and the fact that by and large, that has proven to be the correct decision, there's no way she'll extend it beyond the 17th.

Any rational person would think that.

How anyone in the SG can think its safer puting 500 people in the Main Stand rather than 1,500 round the stadium amazes me. The argument around how spectators get to games being a risk is specious given they allow people to travel to shopping centres/churches etc. Its beyond parody now.

Edited by Trogdor