The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hard fought today, thought we defended really well and the midfield 3 worked better than it has done.

Problems are still there though, the habit of dropping deep and defending the 18 yard line, final balls were poor and we struggled to get out and invited pressure. 

Moffat did ok on his own but looked rusty, McKenzie did more defensively than attacking and Maxwell, apart from some final balls was outstanding. 

Hopefully bodies in will solve the issues we have and we can start looking up the table for a change soon. 

Watching Bullen on the touch line, he doesn’t look a ranter, loads of talking and advice. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

We matched Arbroath for effort and commitment and low and behold we got our win . Sometimes that’s all it takes . As Henry say there is still a lack of quality . Hopefully that’ll get taken care off in the long term . But for now let’s congratulate White and his guys for what a fantastic job they have done and welcome Bully onboard and with a win on his debut . Boys gave 100% today , that’s the bare minimum moving forward ....

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Full credit to the back four today - most of whom have received lots of criticism. 

We are just lacking a bit of quality in the middle of the park and final third. O’Connor provided a little at times when he came on.

Bullen was on Radio Scotland and when asked about January arrivals, unprompted he mentioned the midfieldand possibly a forward minded player. 

Paraphrasing but he did say something along the lines of "we've got lots of defenders".

Yes Bully, yes we have. 

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Bullen was on Radio Scotland and when asked about January arrivals, unprompted he mentioned the midfieldand possibly a forward minded player. 

Paraphrasing but he did say something along the lines of "we've got lots of defenders".

Yes Bully, yes we have. 

He also suggested we are trying to get Celtic to take Afolabi back. 

Bully is INDEED a miracle worker !!

After only a couple of training sessions he appears to have turned Sean McGinty in to Sean Chiellini !!

All joking aside, I thought McGinty was absolutely superb today, he won EVERYTHING in the air, threw himself in front of strikes on numerous occasions and even managed to pass the ball to team mates a few times. He tends to take a power of abuse on here (most of it deserved to be fair), however today he was brilliant and rightly deserves any and all plaudits going.

All in all another Raith like performance from the guys, they ran themselves into the ground, competed for every ball and what they lacked in skill they made up for in workrate which is all anyone can ask.

Apart from MCGinty who was the standout for me, Baird was also good, Reading played well and Maxwell was again very good also, however the whole team put in a shift although we did visibly start to tire late on as Arbroath hit us with everything (including the extra 10 mins that the referee dreamed up from somewhere).

It was also great to see young Fraser Bryden get a run out and he did very well too, also a nice cameo from O'Connor as although he did cheaply give the ball away a couple of times he also has that touch of brilliance that nearly created the second goal on two separate occasions.

Anyway, we maybe held on in the end a little but taking into account that we were missing Adeloye, Bradley away and even Afolabi unavailable, we did great in the circumstances and against the league leaders as well !!

Looking forward to some reinforcements appearing but I now have no doubt that this group have the fight and will to win in them and I'm very hopeful that they'll now keep us up.

Here's hoping anyway !!!

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Looking forward to his post match interview, looking at Dunfermline's recent results I'm so glad we waited and did not bring in yogi

It’s on BW tv now , he praises Baird and McGinty as being magnificent and won practically every one on one challenge , like his honesty saying at times we just kicked the ball away in the second half and tired , praises the players for all giving 100% and more or less saying that must always be the case , mentioned fans will applaud if you give 100%even in defeat 

Edited by Finlay21

It’s on BW tv now , he praises Baird and McGinty as being magnificent and won practically every one on one challenge , like his honesty saying at times we just kicked the ball away in the second half and tired , praises the players for all giving 100% and more or less saying that must always be the case , mentioned fans will applaud if you give 100%even in defeat 
Just watched it, Everytime I hear him speak I'm more impressed

Well done Davie, Tam, Thommo, Stillie , Stevie, Geordie and Timmins each and everyone of you deserve credit for what has happened on the field over the last 3 weeks , a great team performance, only happened because every one of you done your part of the plan 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if we ended up keeping McGinty and punted Fjortoft.

If McGinty can keep up the level of performance he produced today I would be happy for that too happen