The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

He knew under the last regime he couldn't get promoted. 

Which is a real shame, I have no doubt that team was capable of the premier League, be it the lower half. 

He has however, signed half that team for Partick. Crawford, Docherty, Geggan, Bell etc... Must try to keep a hold of better players wherever he goes.

35 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I wouldn't put it past Uncle Ian to be in there with a cheeky wee 6 month loan.

I would, Shanklands already played for 2 clubs this season and the rule changing that was never, publicly, extended to this season.

He can only play for Beerschot or United.

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I never got the impression he was ever fully committed to the job.

Aye, he was definitely going through the motions. His post match interviews were just recycled clichés and empty words. 

Anyway it's time to look forward. The rebuild begins today and I'm sure there will be bumps along the way but we are definitely puting the right structure in place on and off the park for success. It's no guarantee but we're better placed than we have been in decades.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, he was definitely going through the motions. His post match interviews were just recycled clichés and empty words. 

Anyway it's time to look forward. The rebuild begins today and I'm sure there will be bumps along the way but we are definitely puting the right structure in place on and off the park for success. It's no guarantee but we're better placed than we have been in decades.

It's funny you should say that. That's the title of his upcoming autobiography.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I would, Shanklands already played for 2 clubs this season and the rule changing that was never, publicly, extended to this season.

He can only play for Beerschot or United.

I was of course being light hearted with Uncle Ian's penchant for re-assembling our squads from 2018/19 & 2019/20.

Shame on you for using facts to dismantle my trolling.

Enough of them both, terrible time for the club ultimately Smith to blame he obviously knows that, dealt with it and we look a million times better now than a month ago, let's back The Bull , get the signings in pack the ground when allowed and drink the pub dry......off we go !!!!

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

A small concern on the Bullen appointment is that he is leaving his wife and young kids behind in Sheffield. The upside being he’ll to totally focused on the job in hand up here but on the other hand he may miss them and eventually want to move back south?

You can look at this the other way. I think it shows that he's ambitious and committed to make the move. It sounds like he had a really secure gig down there and he wouldn't have been on peanuts either. He must have been told that he'll be well backed as far as getting a squad in for him too or I don't think he'd have taken the risk coming up here.

Apparently The Daily *** has clubs including English Championship clubs wanting Afalobi, I don't think he's terrible but come on surely not 
The boys obviously got talent he would never have been at Southampton or Celtic but he's not really showed any interest or dedication since signing I don't think he ever wanted the move

5 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Apparently The Daily *** has clubs including English Championship clubs wanting Afalobi, I don't think he's terrible but come on surely not 

Other than maybe two moments he has shown he is terrible tbh. 

Dreadful touch, can’t hold it up, can’t time runs it behind and can’t shoot. He does try - he just looks absolutely clueless though. 

They're not going to judge him based on a loan spell in a league that doesn't even get televised except on special occasions. They're going to judge him based on his being at Celtic. Such is the nature of things. Though the red tops talk complete shite in any case and should be utterly ignored.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Other than maybe two moments he has shown he is terrible tbh. 

Dreadful touch, can’t hold it up, can’t time runs it behind and can’t shoot. He does try - he just looks absolutely clueless though. 

He's been terrible with 3 clubs at this level too. Its not like its a one off Bruce Anderson, Innes Cameron thing. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's been terrible with 3 clubs at this level too. Its not like its a one off Bruce Anderson, Innes Cameron thing. 

I thought he was okay at his initial loan at Dunfermline, but that isn’t based on anything other than the odd comment I heard.  

But yeah, if he moves elsewhere at this level or better it is only based on his history at other clubs. 

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

They're not going to judge him based on a loan spell in a league that doesn't even get televised except on special occasions. They're going to judge him based on his being at Celtic. Such is the nature of things. Though the red tops talk complete shite in any case and should be utterly ignored.

True they do spout shite