The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Euan Murray I think. Centre half who played for Raith against us in L1 and then for Dunfermline. Wouldn’t say he’s better than what we have tbh.

C’mon, what we have is brutal! 

Murray would be our best centre half by a distance IMO. 

44 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
57 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
When are we getting the black and white tv interview...

It's brutal, but surely Smith can't be proud of our media output? On the interview side, I think Callum needs replaced.

That's harsh. I joke about it but there's nothing wrong with having fan-led softball club media so long as there's lots of output. The problem comes when the softball fan questions come from ostensibly neutral media like the BBC (c.f. Walter Smith's infamous on-camera shit-ripping of Chick Young, who continues to this day 25+ years later to do the same thing).

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

That's harsh. I joke about it but there's nothing wrong with having fan-led softball club media so long as there's lots of output. The problem comes when the softball fan questions come from ostensibly neutral media like the BBC (c.f. Walter Smith's infamous on-camera shit-ripping of Chick Young, who continues to this day 25+ years later to do the same thing).

Other than his post match stuff, I think Callum is fine tbh. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Bullen's reputation is surely close to that of Ferguson's than any of the last lot. Evidently McGinty performed well enough when in line of sight of Ferguson to stay at Man U for a while.

Murray would be our best centre half by a distance IMO. 

Better than Fjortoft and McGinty, sure. Don’t really think I’d have him over Baird and Muirhead tbh.

48 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The bottom line is that our squad still isn't good enough (especially as we've now lost Bradley), however one would think that there's no way on earth we'd bother to spend a fortune assembling a high profile team such as Mathie, Glendinning, Bully (and the ones still to come) if we weren't going to at least match that ambition on the playing front.

I'd think that signings must surely be following otherwise we're dicing with relegation which would make the whole off field investment rather pointless.

Totally agree, CH, CM and striker all required with possibly another wide player and midfielder possibly young loans 

Heard that we apparently inquired about Robbie Crawford but he wasn't interested due to the treatment he got from certain sections of the support, no idea if there's any truth to that or not
Did he not turn us down on loan last season or the season before for the same reason.

How many players and back room staff are missing the game tomorrow due to covid
With Bradley back at jobs and covid the team may well be short and our starting 11 may not be what we would prefer

Afolabi is the only one that’s confirmed out due to COVID isolation. Apart from that we’re just missing Adeloye I think.

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Heard that we apparently inquired about Robbie Crawford but he wasn't interested due to the treatment he got from certain sections of the support, no idea if there's any truth to that or not

100% not true 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Afolabi is the only one that’s confirmed out due to COVID isolation. Apart from that we’re just missing Adeloye I think.

Oh good we are going into this game with just Moffat as our only striker? Paul smith is back at the club and he looked ok in his few appearances last season but how the hell are we supposed to compete? Moffat is but a striker any more and can’t hit a barn door

Edited by ryanayr1987

Oh good we are going into this game with just Moffat as our only striker? Paul smith is back at the club and he looked ok in his few appearances last season but how the hell are we supposed to compete? Moffat is but a striker any more and can’t hit a barn door

Either play Moffat as a false 9 with O’Connor and McKenzie either side of him or play him as a 10 in behind McKenzie with O’Connor and Maxwell out wide. I can’t see us scoring maybe more than one goal tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

McKenzie up front tomorrow if need be is fine for a game and he’ll still hopefully be on a high from his goal in our last game.