The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

That video absolutely reeked of Callum being desperate to get involved.

Nothing to do with Callum afaik, Nick Provan does the social media stuff mostly now (when it says iPhone on twitter).  

A part of me wants this to blow up badly, just to see the reaction here.

But a bigger part of me is genuinely happy to see people feeling so obviously much better about their club.

Hope this works out well for you all, as long as we still get out 4-goal victories for the next 2 games (at least) .

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah but he worked with him at Falkirk and it’s the kind of move I can see us making.

It could well be given their background. I'd be a bit mixed about bringing him in and maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't be sure that Rice would see himself as an assistant again.

Regardless of who comes in, I think the quality of the backroom team assembled can help Bullen for definite. It would be foolish to think he wont be learning quickly, and have to at times.

27 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

While your mocked up pictures can be quite entertaining, please don't feel obliged to create this image.

😂 I never even thought in that! 😂 no, I'll very much refrain from doing so and leave the real life dick beating to Michael Gardyne 😂

Edited by Roxanne's man

When are we getting the black and white tv interview...
It's brutal, but surely Smith can't be proud of our media output? On the interview side, I think Callum needs replaced. I know Callum has put in a ridiculous amount of work into AU Media/Black and White TV, but it continues to be a cringe fest.

For anyone looking to follow a team at the upcoming African Cup of Nations look no further than Burkina Faso.

The country is known as the Land of Honest Men. The country is the size of France and has a population of over 21 million. 

A Marketing man's dream for our Commercial team. Providing redundant kit to teams over there, in time perhaps sending over community coaches and working closely with some club sides over there. Surely lots of opportunity initially to even test the water behind the scenes. French being the main language might provide opportunities to invite senior players or even youth players over to trial? A stepping stone to playing in England would be very attractive to young African players.

Just thinking of way's we can keep trying different things to improve.

Edited by BukyOHare

20 minutes ago, baba douche said:

A part of me wants this to blow up badly, just to see the reaction here.

But a bigger part of me is genuinely happy to see people feeling so obviously much better about their club.

Hope this works out well for you all, as long as we still get out 4-goal victories for the next 2 games (at least) .

The bottom line is that our squad still isn't good enough (especially as we've now lost Bradley), however one would think that there's no way on earth we'd bother to spend a fortune assembling a high profile team such as Mathie, Glendinning, Bully (and the ones still to come) if we weren't going to at least match that ambition on the playing front.

I'd think that signings must surely be following otherwise we're dicing with relegation which would make the whole off field investment rather pointless.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Unlike Hopkin, he had more holidays than Judith Chalmers

To be fair when your entire training approach revolves around a gladiators style on my first whistle you 8 run and on my second Sean Smash ball, you don't need to be around that often 

I applaud Bullen’s enthusiasm for wanting to get straight into the dugout and I can see the merit in it. Allows him to see what players can follow his instructions and will overall make the bedding in period much faster. Also, if it speeds up the process of him wanting shot of McGinty then it can only be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
When are we getting the black and white tv interview...

It's brutal, but surely Smith can't be proud of our media output? On the interview side, I think Callum needs replaced. I know Callum has put in a ridiculous amount of work into AU Media/Black and White TV, but it continues to be a cringe fest.

I understand Smith talks about a lean model but I'm not sure how much the commercial manager can solve. Watched the documentary on Macclesfield FC a couple of months ago and they had both a commercial manager and a communications manager, which is really what we need. I accept that engagement with local businesses is important but so is better communication with the actual fanbase. 

The initial tweet we put out today was at 12:56 and Sheffield Wednesday's was at 13:05. Yet it took another 2.5 hrs for Ayr to confirm something we already knew. A basic tweet announcing it and saying more to follow was all that was needed. 

In terms of Calum I'd say in his defence other than McArdle I'm not sure any of the management team from McCall onwards has ever shown much enthusiasm during the interviews to give him much to work with. Always get the impression it's more of an inconvenience for them compared to someone like John Robertson who was happy to talk. Also as far as I can tell the initial idea for B&W TV was that of the last commercial manager so not sure how much input the old AU Media team has and as volunteers I assume any content produced will come at the request of the club.

4 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Best of luck tomorrow men (and lasses), appears a bold but good appointment. Always liked to watch him as you could tell he never gave less than his all. 

Any chance you want an Alston, McGowan, Murray.............. 

Which Murray?

Though saying that, we would take both. 

Alston would be a no, and I’ve not seen anything of McGowan! 

Which Murray?
Though saying that, we would take both. 
Alston would be a no, and I’ve not seen anything of McGowan! 

Euan Murray I think. Centre half who played for Raith against us in L1 and then for Dunfermline. Wouldn’t say he’s better than what we have tbh.