The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Crawford couldn't trap a bag of wet cement, he runs about a lot though. He's just a shit Cammy Salkeld.

There's a reason why so many clubs get rid of him.

What even is this 😂

44 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Disagree. Andy Murdoch is a far superior player. 

As Buky said above, completely different players - both can be very good in their own way. 

31 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Crawford was always a luxury player for me.

We need grit in that midfield of ours and he’s definitely not the answer.

I don’t think this is remotely true either tbh. Crawford always worked incredibly hard. 

Very good signing for Partick, hopefully we see the poor side of him!

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What even is this 😂

As Buky said above, completely different players - both can be very good in their own way. 

I don’t think this is remotely true either tbh. Crawford always worked incredibly hard. 

Very good signing for Partick, hopefully we see the poor side of him!

Our fans were always very split on him, half seemed to really like him and the other half despised him in the same way as Chris Aitken.

I was in the really liked camp for both incidentally.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Our fans were always very split on him, half seemed to really like him and the other half despised him in the same way as Chris Aitken.

I was in the really liked camp for both incidentally.

So did I, but I could at least see the reasoning with Aitken - even if I didn’t agree. 

Crawford worked hard, and also had the ability to get fans off their seat. 

Robbie Crawford is a significantly better footballer than Cammy Salkeld. 

I blame McCall for him not getting remembered as fondly as he ought to be. He talked him up relentlessly and then played him wide left. Bizarre.

Lee Bullen will be a breath of fresh air after Hopkin/Duffy. He will be totally committed and expect the same from his players. Hopefully with his contacts in England we can unearth a few players in the transfer window. Hopefully he impressed James Maxwell and he signs on for the rest of the season. I presume Davie White will have picked the team for tomorrow. The very fact Bully has chosen to sit in the dug out indicates he can't wait to get started. For the first time since the McCall era I feel enthusiastic about our team.