The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mathie, or rather Tocker, will have to look at how we operate on social media. It’s not a massive issue but it’s something that could be done so much better if we put a bit more effort into it. Everything needed for this announcement should’ve been done in advance. Fair enough he’s probably been at training this morning but they could’ve had a quote from Bullen, Smith and Mathie typed up and fired into a generic article to go along with an announcement. Interviews can wait until later today but the rest should be basic stuff.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mathie, or rather Tocker, will have to look at how we operate on social media. It’s not a massive issue but it’s something that could be done so much better if we put a bit more effort into it. Everything needed for this announcement should’ve been done in advance. Fair enough he’s probably been at training this morning but they could’ve had a quote from Bullen, Smith and Mathie typed up and fired into a generic article to go along with an announcement. Interviews can wait until later today but the rest should be basic stuff.

The Ayrshire Post article suggested Tocker's focus was going to be on chapping doors to sell advertising boards.

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As well as that most immediate need, the window also brings opportunities for those at the club looking for a taste of first-team football to be given loans to gain experience in order to hopefully break into the side at Hillsborough in the future.

Two of those players are midfielder Liam Waldock and striker Korede Adedoyin.

Both players are 21 and looking to make the next step in their careers but are not quite deemed ready for the rigours of League One football with the Owls.

Speaking of them, Under 23s coach Lee Bullen told Yorkshire Live:

"If they are not going to regularly feature for the first-team, the next step is getting them out there and playing games.

Wednesday will hope that the right moves can be found for Waldock and Adedoyin in order to try and recreate such an impact.

We can't sign Waldock as although non league loans don't count in England they do cross border. He's already played in the cup for Sheff Wed and been out on loan this season. Hopefully someone at the club remembers this was the reason Ndaba couldn't join the year before.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye and surely with this sort of announcement you link in with the other club involved so the announcements are released at the exact same time. 

The Ayrshire Post article suggested Tocker's focus was going to be on chapping doors to sell advertising boards.

Aye I don’t agree with the media duties coming into a commercial managers remit. It’s too much work for it to simply be another inconvenience for someone to do. I get that there’s more pressing matters but the club need to have a recognised media role that works within the club instead of a few volunteers.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I don’t agree with the media duties coming into a commercial managers remit. It’s too much work for it to simply be another inconvenience for someone to do. I get that there’s more pressing matters but the club need to have a recognised media role that works within the club instead of a few volunteers.

There should be a separate marketing department, but it would require a big investment.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Buzzing for this to be a new contract for Sean McGinty

"Sean's new role as Head Owl involves making a hostile environment for the seagulls"

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Well, they would be with their mentor and we did manage to get similar standard (if not better) from Ipswich recently.

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not sure I get your point? League 2 in England is a similar level to the Scottish Championship. We now have a connection with Wednesday so they may be willing to give us players who would normally be out our range. 

I meant if there was interest in these two players in England ie League 2 side then I would be surprised if the club let them go up to Scotland rather than say a Salford City or a Bradford even if Bullen is new Ayr manager. On the other hand if it was Alex Bonnington who’s another striker at our U23’s then a move to Ayr would be excellent for him to gain first team experience and being in a match day squad every week and working under Lee Bullen would do absolute wonders for the kid. Even though all 3 play for the U23’s they are at different stages of their career and I would feel that Korede Adedoyin especially would benefit more playing in England rather than Scotland.