The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Waniche said:

If you watch the AU Media interviews Naismith said that Harkins took pelters before the game and has never said a bad word about Ayr. However watching his celebration scoring says differently. 

I couldn’t give a shit what Harkins did or didn’t say.  I judge him on his performances 2 seasons ago when he was our highest paid player and 1st team coach.   Must have been soul destroying for the likes of Devlin and Docherty who ran through brick walls for us that season to look up and see that fat waster mooching about refusing to break sweat.  It was no coincidence in my view that we showed a flicker of form through the February of that season when we finally dropped him, but then went to pieces again when he got back in the team.  I particularly appreciated his contribution up at St Mirren in the “relegation decider”.  An unused sub who couldn’t even be arsed warming up with the rest of the team at half time because the rain came on.

I admit I was wrong to want McCall sacked after that relegation, but a lot of my anger was due to his massive error in judgement in bringing that wage thief to the club in the first place.

But like I say, we have a team now we can (usually) be proud of so best to move on.  

4 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

I couldn’t give a shit what Harkins did or didn’t say.  I judge him on his performances 2 seasons ago when he was our highest paid player and 1st team coach.   Must have been soul destroying for the likes of Devlin and Docherty who ran through brick walls for us that season to look up and see that fat waster mooching about refusing to break sweat.  It was no coincidence in my view that we showed a flicker of form through the February of that season when we finally dropped him, but then went to pieces again when he got back in the team.  I particularly appreciated his contribution up at St Mirren in the “relegation decider”.  An unused sub who couldn’t even be arsed warming up with the rest of the team at half time because the rain came on.

I admit I was wrong to want McCall sacked after that relegation, but a lot of my anger was due to his massive error in judgement in bringing that wage thief to the club in the first place.

But like I say, we have a team now we can (usually) be proud of so best to move on.  

Really good post. Don’t disagree with any of it. 

Took some time to think out what went wrong
two centre backs from them totally dominated our front two never giving an inch
Pushing shoving niggly fouls. Our back two went after you Claud the whole half and got destroyed, I thought Rose had come on a lot but he was bullied the whole half he was on and being substituted will set him back a long way.
as for the fat boy who  ran the whole midfield there manger said Duffy was responsible for his transformation and just emphasised on his fitness when he got him he was different class, clearly McCall let him away with his fitness at Ayr and that's how he was crap.
We were fortunate not to come out with a full scalping and as for  Harvie  I think there left back showed what we could have got ,the boy Harvie as I said before we signed him can't defend, only good thing is McCall has realised that now in his comments and we won't see him again at left back for a long time I'd play the boy Ecrepont before him and I hope McCall  takes a chance and puts him in the Falkirk game.

I agree with the centre halves but I don’t think substituting Rose will set him back anyway. He’s still a very good centre half but like Kerr struggled to control the ball on that surface.

Harkins fitness was purely down to us being part time. He hadn’t been playing or training at Dundee before we got him so arrived in poor shape. Training twice a week wasn’t going to change that. However training full time at Morton clearly helped him.

As for Harvie I’ve yet to see a LB this season that I’d swap him for. Maybe Longridge. If he can screw the nut then he’ll be fine. There’s no denying he’s a good player. Certainly wouldn’t be playing Ecrepont ahead of him in the league games.

20 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Agreed, 2 positives for me yesterday we're 1.my brother-in-law shouting me to sit up the back with him and one of our girls teams 2. being sober due to driving down, I really enjoy banter with players but I think I would have made an arse of myself when he celebrated yesterday if I'd been down the front with a bevvy in me, I don't care if he turns out to have the coaching ability of Pep, if Ayr ever employ him in any capacity again, I'll not attend until he's gone.

Good luck to Queens getting to see a different Harkins but to me he is and always will be a wage thieving c**t of the highest order.

Took some time to think out what went wrong

two centre backs from them totally dominated our front two never giving an inch

Pushing shoving niggly fouls. Our back two went after you Claud the whole half and got destroyed, I thought Rose had come on a lot but he was bullied the whole half he was on and being substituted will set him back a long way.

as for the fat boy who  ran the whole midfield there manger said Duffy was responsible for his transformation and just emphasised on his fitness when he got him he was different class, clearly McCall let him away with his fitness at Ayr and that's how he was crap.

We were fortunate not to come out with a full scalping and as for  Harvie  I think there left back showed what we could have got ,the boy Harvie as I said before we signed him can't defend, only good thing is McCall has realised that now in his comments and we won't see him again at left back for a long time I'd play the boy Ecrepont before him and I hope McCall  takes a chance and puts him in the Falkirk game.

Your points about Rose and Harvie are utterly dreadful.

Having Geggan, Forrest and Crawford as three of our four wide players seems odd to me. Need more speed than they have to really stretch teams. Crawford should be playing in the middle and I'd have McDaid on from the start every week.

That's three of the last four away games where we've failed to score a goal. Something needs to change.

Having Geggan, Forrest and Crawford as three of our four wide players seems odd to me. Need more speed than they have to really stretch teams. Crawford should be playing in the middle and I'd have McDaid on from the start every week.

That's three of the last four away games where we've failed to score a goal. Something needs to change.

Talk about hilarious over reactions. Why does something need to change after one defeat.

Against Inverness we had ten men for the majority of the game, the Queens Park game was our reserve side.

So basically at full strength there has been one game we have failed to score.

Amazing what a heavy defeat does to some supporters.

6 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Talk about hilarious over reactions. Why does something need to change after one defeat.

Against Inverness we had ten men for the majority of the game, the Queens Park game was our reserve side.

So basically at full strength there has been one game we have failed to score.

Sure, if you ignore or excuse all the times something happened then it didn't happen at all.

Hopefully they will score in all the rest of the games.

I wouldn't change anything, drop anyone or change our style of play.

Ok, we just got royally stuffed by QOS and Dobbie in particular, however prior to that, the same group of players have excited us, entertained us, got us to the League Cup Quarter Final and even had us top of the Championship, so personally I am willing to excuse them for one off game.

There's far too much analyzing of everything and anything nowadays, basically if your players put in a shift and have some ability then that's all anyone can ask for, football is football, some you win, some you lose and some you draw, it's how you react to each eventuality that's important and so long as the guys can pick themselves up and do their best against Falkirk then that's good enough for me irrespective of the end result.

No mate, I’m not on fb. Just something a mate texted. 
Doubt it as well. Just however on other threads, others know more. 

The post on the SRE said Harvie and McCall had to be pulled apart in the dressing room and Moore somehow got involved.

I don’t buy it for one minute.