The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye his reputation isn’t such where he needs to drop down to our level. I’m surprised at McInnes taking the job tbh but clearly the job offers haven’t been there since leaving Aberdeen.

He’ll have bills to pay and he’s been out of a day job for 6 months. 

He’ll have bills to pay and he’s been out of a day job for 6 months. 

Aye I guess I meant I was more surprised he’s had to come to this level. I thought he’d have found a job down South but I guess not.

On 01/01/2022 at 18:33, Trogdor said:

More exposure is a good thing and Mathie has helped with that and communication straight away.

It's another reason I want a manger who will generate a bit of buzz like McCall did. We need that to galvanise the support and the lo

I remembered the name from his Dunfermline days TBH had not a clue what he had done since.

Aye I only remember him from his Pars days. Had no idea he had a bit of a legend status at Sheffield Wednesday. It’s come a bit out of nowhere but it’s not as if it’s any less of a gamble than the likes of McManus, O’Dea or Bartley.

It’s definitely one where we’re all going to be a bit apprehensive but hopefully it works out.

Aye I only remember him from his Pars days. Had no idea he had a bit of a legend status at Sheffield Wednesday. It’s come a bit out of nowhere but it’s not as if it’s any less of a gamble than the likes of McManus, O’Dea or Bartley.

It’s definitely one where we’re all going to be a bit apprehensive but hopefully it works out.
He's probably got more experience that the other two he's been caretaker 3 times at Wednesday and will have contacts down south, it's a gamble but I'm excited to see where it goes.