The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Statement is interesting, says about someone who has "demonstrable ability to make players better", IMO someone like O'Dea or Bartley haven't yet built up that skillset.

All points however to someone who's currently at another club, i have a bad feeling this brings Ian Murray back into the frame.....

Could just as easily be someone working as a coach or assistant, someone not being their own man doesn't mean they haven't helped players develop. 

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Statement is interesting, says about someone who has "demonstrable ability to make players better", IMO someone like O'Dea or Bartley haven't yet built up that skillset.

All points however to someone who's currently at another club, i have a bad feeling this brings Ian Murray back into the frame.....

Ian Murray would be my 1st choice from all the names been mentioned in recent days. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take Murray. Done well with Dumbarton previously and seems to be slowly building Airdrie back up after a shite few seasons.

Idk what it is but there's just something about Murray which i don't like, not sure if i feel he's not good enough for this level, only going on what car crash spell he had with St Mirren in this league but at the time he was still young and inexperienced so he'll be better prepared now i suppose.

Honestly got no clue who it's gonna be which for fans is frustrating but also brilliant cause it means the club are keeping it under wraps extremely well, wonder if something may leak to the papers in the next couple of days though as it sounds like we've either already or going to very soon make a formal approach towards the club involved.

Wonder if Petrie has been in the process at any point....

Demonstrable ability to make players better will be interpreted in different ways by different people. Someone like Keith Lasley in his assistant manager role has possibly had as much influence as the managers at Motherwell in players such as Chris Cadden, Allan Campbell and David Turnbull developing so it doesn't necessarily mean it's a manager as assistants/coaches and even youth coaches will play a big role in players improving at a young age too.

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Idk what it is but there's just something about Murray which i don't like, not sure if i feel he's not good enough for this level, only going on what car crash spell he had with St Mirren in this league but at the time he was still young and inexperienced so he'll be better prepared now i suppose.

Honestly got no clue who it's gonna be which for fans is frustrating but also brilliant cause it means the club are keeping it under wraps extremely well, wonder if something may leak to the papers in the next couple of days though as it sounds like we've either already or going to very soon make a formal approach towards the club involved.

Wonder if Petrie has been in the process at any point....

Agreed, he's done nothing that shouts out that he'd be a great appointment.

League 1 mediocrity seems to be his level and with a less than 50% win rate at a shocking level just fills me with dread being honest.

32 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Demonstrable ability to make players better will be interpreted in different ways by different people. Someone like Keith Lasley in his assistant manager role has possibly had as much influence as the managers at Motherwell in players such as Chris Cadden, Allan Campbell and David Turnbull developing so it doesn't necessarily mean it's a manager as assistants/coaches and even youth coaches will play a big role in players improving at a young age too.

Agree with this. I expect the new gaffer will fall into this category. Someone who's not been the main man before.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

At least if Ian Murray gets the job we know @WATTOO fully backs the appointment 😉

As I said before I'll support whoever gets it but the likes of Canning or Murray certainly wouldn't be my favoured choices.

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'm going back to marvin bartley I think he was the first choice and to their has been a tug of war between us and Livi.

We don't tend to do tug of wars though. If he wants to go, we'll let him. We give people opportunities to get moves rather than stay for long, so if he thought it was a good step for himself, he'll go. I don't see us doing anything to try and beg him to stay

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Sounds a bit like Holt, the profile of him at Livi was getting a team to be better than the sum of it's parts :D 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

By the looks of things yours involved taking that time to learn about the processes undertaken by Victor Frankenstein. 

20220103_172122.jpg

Because taking a photo of a potato, using a potato was so much better...

Screenshot_20220103-215237_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d9d861be15f361ef87e6aa66d44b985.jpg

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Could just as easily be someone working as a coach or assistant, someone not being their own man doesn't mean they haven't helped players develop. 

gettyimages-1237161214-594x594.jpg.a4780691b6fbaa4e24d4e94e260c0b64.jpg

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Because taking a photo of a potato, using a potato was so much better...

Screenshot_20220103-215237_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d9d861be15f361ef87e6aa66d44b985.jpg

gettyimages-1237161214-594x594.jpg.a4780691b6fbaa4e24d4e94e260c0b64.jpg

The Hopkin photo is hilarious, but I think the Morton one is different level. Particularly as it is encouraging people to use it as a phone wallpaper!

Dick Campbell is believing his own hype now and said there is maybe one move left in him. He was poor with every full time team he has managed apart from Ross County where he was sacked while top of the league. 

He has done well with Arbroath with a close knit squad but I have my doubts he could replicate the success on a full time clubs schedule.