The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

56 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Once a preferred candidate is made an offer contracts are negotiated, which can be a back and forth exercise (often a manager will have a lawyer review the contract on their behalf). An experienced or savvy manager will want to protect themselves against termination and also the terms for release if another club wants to hire them during the term of the contract. An out of work or less experienced candidate may take a lower offer and sign the contract more quickly.

Right, but this negotiation only happens after the club has selected its best candidate for the job. 

A delay in getting the final contract terms agreed is fair enough - but it doesn't mean that the delay is about the club making sure that the best candidate has been chosen for the job. That decision was already made. 

A club update that there is currently no update is leaps and bounds from where we were about a month ago.

A month ago, many fans would have been at ignition point due to the lack of noise from the club. 

Giving a timeline of when they hope to give the next update. 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Is that in line with who you heard it was? 

Doesn’t change it , but as I said nothing comes from club sources so it’s just someones haunch , really no one has been ruled out except  maybe the 2 VOR mentioned today , 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

From that statement I'm actually thinking David White to be in the dug out on Saturday. 

I would be happy for that to happen if it’s down to getting the person we wanted released from their current employer , just say he was coming from a Premiership club , they are currently on a winter closedown so it would obviously take a bit longer to get it through 

I’m happy that we seem to have identified who he want however going by statement it doesn’t sound like an announcement is imminent and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Davie White in charge for Saturday.

My main concern as I’ve mentioned before is the signings. Mathie and the new HOR may have identified players however the head coach should have a say in it. No point bringing a player in if head coach doesn’t rate him. 

I’m happy that we seem to have identified who he want however going by statement it doesn’t sound like an announcement is imminent and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Davie White in charge for Saturday.

My main concern as I’ve mentioned before is the signings. Mathie and the new HOR may have identified players however the head coach should have a say in it. No point bringing a player in if head coach doesn’t rate him. 

If they’ve identified a new manager then I’d imagine potential signings was something that came up during the conversations between Mathie and him. Similarly, when Mathie is talking to players then he should be able to say this is who we’re bringing in as head coach and he wants to work with you.

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The part about having a demonstrable ability to make players better makes me think it is someone in an actual managers role and not a coach like Bartley or O’Dea.

The board won't keep Allan Johnston at Queens much longer he should be with you by Saturday

43 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A club update that there is currently no update is leaps and bounds from where we were about a month ago.

A month ago, many fans would have been at ignition point due to the lack of noise from the club. 

Giving a timeline of when they hope to give the next update. 

Aye, it doesn't take much to keep us informed and updated. It also restores the goodwill and bond between club and fans that has been at breaking point.

I'm speculating a bit but it sounds like White may take the team on Saturday with the new Head Coach announced and in the stand but not starting until after the match. That's quite common now.

Statement is interesting, says about someone who has "demonstrable ability to make players better", IMO someone like O'Dea or Bartley haven't yet built up that skillset.

All points however to someone who's currently at another club, i have a bad feeling this brings Ian Murray back into the frame.....

Statement is interesting, says about someone who has "demonstrable ability to make players better", IMO someone like O'Dea or Bartley haven't yet built up that skillset.
All points however to someone who's currently at another club, i have a bad feeling this brings Ian Murray back into the frame.....

I’d take Murray. Done well with Dumbarton previously and seems to be slowly building Airdrie back up after a shite few seasons.