The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Resigned to loading Maxwell now, If Leeds are interested it blows all the other championship clubs looking at him out the water.

Alright though we've got Dave Smith's multi million pounds ashleigh construction dough to splash about

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Have I missed ticket news for Saturday? Take it the 500 will be in the main stand again? 

Should be announced tomorrow when staff return to work after the bank holiday , think it will be stand again as it worked well last time 

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye, Arbroath haven't beaten us so far.  Chucked both games away and lucky to get a point by the end of both. 

Been on the other side of that ourselves with a good team that just has this garbage team we canny get it done against.  

Oh no , you will have them jumping off their tractors picking up their pitchforks and posting on here again real soon 

Should be announced tomorrow when staff return to work after the bank holiday , think it will be stand again as it worked well last time 

Really enjoyed being in the stand v Raith. Better view than the SRE and hopefully get the chance against Arbroath. But will be back on the terraces as soon as it’s possible.

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

How does this sound?

Holt back to Livi as Manager, Martindale back upstairs, Bartley free to join the Super. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not being serious btw.

f**k that :D That'd be a catastrophe scenario for us

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would rather we took our time and appointed the right person rather than just appoint the first jobber that showed an interest i.e Dougie Imrie.

You didn't answer the question as to what exactly is being done in the meantime to ensure that your club will appoint the right person. 

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, virginton said:

Just because Morton appointed Imrie about 10 min after they sacked McPherson does not make that a good appointment

It actually took 17 days to appoint a new manager, which is probably in the middle of the pack for any mid-season appointment.

I fail to see what waiting for an extra week would have achieved, having already drawn up a shortlist and conducted interviews.  

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Yeah, because our 2 1/2 week recruitment process is entirely different from your 'currently at 2 weeks' process.

By the looks of things yours involved taking that time to learn about the processes undertaken by Victor Frankenstein. 

20220103_172122.jpg

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

You didn't answer the question as to what exactly is being done in the meantime to ensure that your club will appoint the right person. 

It actually took 17 days to appoint a new manager, which is probably in the middle of the pack for any mid-season appointment.

I fail to see what waiting for an extra week would have achieved, having already drawn up a shortlist and conducted interviews.  

Once a preferred candidate is made an offer contracts are negotiated, which can be a back and forth exercise (often a manager will have a lawyer review the contract on their behalf). An experienced or savvy manager will want to protect themselves against termination and also the terms for release if another club wants to hire them during the term of the contract. An out of work or less experienced candidate may take a lower offer and sign the contract more quickly.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The club system sounds like we have identified someone employed and we are negotiating but it’s taking longer than expected. Make me think it’s someone like o’dea who celtic just said no to us interviewing

Certainly makes it sound like it’s not someone currently out of a job