The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Can't really blame Hopkin where Bradley is concerned. He was signed the day before his last match in charge.

100% Duffy caused this by not playing him enough, what an embarrassment for him sitting on the bench when the likes of Salkeld was on the pitch , 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bradley being recalled might help us in the long run with Gullan but I’m genuinely raging that we’ve lost him because our two shite managers refused to play with more than two out and out attacking players at any time. I’ve no doubt that had we properly used him then we’d have stood a better chance of keeping him for the season.

It could be that they are aware of midfielder(s) we are looking to bring in, and that they would likely limit his game time and they want him playing more regularly.

Trying to look for the positive here!

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There's the under-use of Bradley but also the fact we have been a total mess in every regard, not an environment you would want a promising young player to be in.  

This is very true, we have a huge deal of work to do to turn things around. 

Several of us discussed this worry in regards to loan players with the state of our playing style etc. 

ETA, Dunfermline signed Coll Donaldson - decent signing. 

Edited by No_Problemo

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This is very true, we have a huge deal of work to do to turn things around. 

Several of us discussed this worry in regards to loan players with the state of our playing style etc. 

ETA, Dunfermline signed Coll Donaldson - decent signing. 

On Donaldson played only 2 games this season due to injuries and McKay not rating him 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

On Donaldson played very few games this season down to poor performances and injuries a bit if a rusk I think 

I don’t think anyone is going to be signing anyone from the league above who has been playing regularly though...

I think we would be happy signing someone with a good track record in this division. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maxwell will be away next.

Always the danger with this window, losing the wrong players which just adds to making this window even more difficult.

Looking around the league there seems to be a good number of players being recalled by their clubs , could this be down to numbers as a number of clubs left short when covid hits , Hibs seem to  be doing it , Tait from Raith , Bradley from us 

Edited by Finlay21

4 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Seen on Twitter than Leeds want Maxwell as part of their under 23’s in january

Think there will be a lot of interest in him , unfortunately he belongs to Rangers who will be looking for as much cash as possible for him 

Wrt. Bradley & Maxwell

This is always the risk with loan players. If you build your team around them or they are key players their parent club can recall them in January. It's a bit perverse to say this but you want them to be good but not too good.

You also need  to develop relationships like McGlynn and Campbell do. Look at Livi and Arbroath, whereby if Livi recall one player Arbroath get another one.

We need to build these relationships and this binfire of a season and last season won't have helped in that regard. We also need a permanent manager to do it, Mathie will aid us but the parent club will want to know how the player will be utilised (what position, game time etc.) and that comes from the manager.

Don't lose the heid folks. Keep calm.

I think there are certain fans (not really on here but that I’ve spoken to) that seem to think getting Mathie in is a silver bullet to all our problems.  Sadly it’s not we are still in deep, deep trouble. 

Hopefully we make an appointment in the coming days that the fans can get on board with and get behind

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Transfer window off to a flyer. Would be a massive boost if we could keep Maxwell but I really can’t see it unfortunately.

This has turned into the most complicated window possible for Ayr . Really confusing about the manager situation, when McCall left us he just walked , the other stuff got fixed later . Why this delay , have we returned for our previously too expensive A choice after the B choice fell through for what ever reason ? Dunno , it all seems pretty strange .

Bradley was always going after only five games . We’d do exactly the same . Maxwell is different, he’s got plenty of game time and a few MoM awards . Rangers have got to be happy with that . However he is out of contract in May ,so they may well be listening to offers , and of course with no manager in place we are floundering a bit . Unless Mathie steps in and buys him .... Doubful .

Pretty much need this debacle sorted out pronto so we can move on . Got a pretty tough game on Saturday to prepare for as well .

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think there are certain fans (not really on here but that I’ve spoken to) that seem to think getting Mathie in is a silver bullet to all our problems.  Sadly it’s not we are still in deep, deep trouble. 

Hopefully we make an appointment in the coming days that the fans can get on board with and get behind

So you are saying that there are fans who don’t think that Mathie is the guy going to take the club forward , of course we are in deep deep trouble and that’s why the guy came in to get us out it , of course he was not going to get us out it in less than a couple of weeks 

Edited by Finlay21

I said for weeks that we should send Bradley back to Hibs, purely because Duffy wasn't playing him. Like most young players, he drifted in and out of games and he certainly made more of an impact as a sub. 

He was x10 better than Salkeld and Afolabi, Duffy's insistence on playing them over Moffat, McKenzie and Bradley are what have led us to this point. He is a better player that McDaid was with us, more ability and able to play across the pitch. Maybe being a regular starter would have made him more consistent and I think he has a decent future in the game. Playing regularly in a winning team would benefit him.  

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

So you are saying that there are fans who don’t think that Mathie is the guy going to take the club forward , of course we are in deep deep trouble and that’s why the guy came in to get us out it , of course he was not going to get us out it in less than a couple of weeks 

No. There are fans that think he solves all our problems instantly which obviously isn’t going to be the case. It’s a long process