The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Surely tomorrow is the day....
New manager and triple signing please. 

Robbo said, I think, that it would be either tomorrow or Tuesday that we announce a new man. Can’t say I’m particularly looking forward to it but I just want it out the way now. I’ll take Stephen McManus now if it means we avoid Canning or a couple of the other names I’ve heard.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Unless talks are still ongoing (unlikely) I fail to see why the new manager wouldn't be announced tomorrow. 

Time to get the new man in and to start bringing some stability to the club. 

Even with Duffy in place it always felt it was a temporary appointment. The mindset of the players and the club was undoubtedly affected and we couldn't properly plan either. 

Time to look forward. 

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

TBH I'm shocked that Crawford, Forrest and Devlin not at Partick yet, I'm sure uncle Ian would love to put the band back together with Doc.

Forrest and Devlin are far far too good for that level :D Devlin is our captain as well tbf. I think we're sweating on Forrest a bit, has 6 months left on his deal and looks ready to step up somewhere else. 

Just now, ATLIS said:

Forrest and Devlin are far far too good for that level :D Devlin is our captain as well tbf. I think we're sweating on Forrest a bit, has 6 months left on his deal and looks ready to step up somewhere else. 

Nicky will be back home soon. Enjoy him while you have him 😉 

26 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nicky will be back home soon. Enjoy him while you have him 😉 

I've always got that impression from him that he will be back one day...

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Hope the new manager is announced tomorrow, surely can't go on much longer, in saying that there has been the two festive weekends and Monday/Tuesday holidays which means i'm not sure how much work was done. I imagine Mathie won't have been off the 4 days however...

31 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How has Forrest done? He doesn't seem to score as often as he done for us but is that just down to different style of play at Livi?

Where is he being linked with a move away to?

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

How has Forrest done? He doesn't seem to score as often as he done for us but is that just down to different style of play at Livi?

Where is he being linked with a move away to?

He's flew under the radar but his stats at this level are pretty decent. Martindale is seeming to fancy him more and more as an inside forward or centre forward lately. He hasn't been linked anywhere but I could see someone like Motherwell snapping him up in the same way they did with Gallagher etc. His whole game seems to be cutting in from the left and trying to curl it low into the right corner. May be a little predictable now but he's a very good player to have at LW

He's flew under the radar but his stats at this level are pretty decent. Martindale is seeming to fancy him more and more as an inside forward or centre forward lately. He hasn't been linked anywhere but I could see someone like Motherwell snapping him up in the same way they did with Gallagher etc. His whole game seems to be cutting in from the left and trying to curl it low into the right corner. May be a little predictable now but he's a very good player to have at LW

I love the guy. He had a mixed time at Ayr over the piece due to injury, being played out of position and just dropping out of form. But in his final season with us he was one of the best players I’ve seen at Ayr. I’m really glad he’s managed to step up to the Premiership and I can see him going further.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I love the guy. He had a mixed time at Ayr over the piece due to injury, being played out of position and just dropping out of form. But in his final season with us he was one of the best players I’ve seen at Ayr. I’m really glad he’s managed to step up to the Premiership and I can see him going further.

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah that was his trademark of play under us too, as @D'Jaffo said he took a while to really to live up to the hype with a few mediocore seasons and stop/start flashes of brilliance and then he'd be anonymous for the next 3/4 games. In the last season however my god i don't know what changed but he turned in to an absolute sensational player and he was getting better as that season went on. Shame he didn't get the send off he deserved with Covid in March suspending the season however i'll always remember that goal he scored at Alloa away only a few weeks before the season stopped, was like he simply passed it into that far top right corner.

For all Ayr fans in general... i think that performance to Alloa away 22 months was probably the last "vintage" performance we had, only one's since then which could probably come close was Dundee away for Hopkin's debut and the Raith game last weekend. That's a proper sombre depressing thought...

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's no Luke McCowan...

Have to say Luke has really surprised me with how well he has stepped up, cause out of Forrest and McCowan i'd say Forrest was the one which left us having played extremely well for a much longer period of time. McCowan certainly looks however he could go places

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
 Not sure we will hear anything today unless something changes rather quickly 

Mmmmmm, compen between clubs the issue????

I would like to hear it sooner rather than later , but giving me more confidence that they are taking the time to make sure that they get the right person to take club in direction they are planning , 

I would like to hear it sooner rather than later , but giving me more confidence that they are taking the time to make sure that they get the right person to take club in direction they are planning , 
Would love put out of our missery but it's Saturday before we have a game and If it takes a few days to get the right guy so be it, don't think it will affect the signing targets either as I'm sure that will have been discussed at the interviews with Mathie