The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hope not, but get the feeling Falkirk could have spoken to McCall just over the phone the other day without actually contacting the board or Cameron but anyway he's commited to us and that's the main thing.

Morton chairman about ready to fight Falkirk and what a snake McKinnon is, really is comedy gold haha, cheered up my dull Friday night, hope i'm in an even better mood come 4:45 tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Waniche said:

Cheers buddy. I went 1-2, both players to score and Ayr win. If only there was a bet that could see Ayr away supporters beating season ticket holders at home. Don’t think it will be long until 1k Ayr fans are travelling (albeit not too far north) 

Annoyingly last week I ended up backing Shankland FGS and Shankland 2 or more, and didnt back the Ayr win / Shankland anytime that I usually do.  I did jokingly scold him for passing to Moff when I was getting a pic of him and my boy at the open day haha

5 hours ago, Hursty said:

I've backed Shankland and Dobbie both to score anytime at 7/1. A couple of my pals have £50+ on Dobbie and Shankland both to score 2 or more - i put a very small stake on that one too as i was scared to miss out! It's went from 125/1 to 66/1 haha.  

Where are you getting the 7/1? I can only see 9/2 on bet365 and 7/2 on skybet. 

I'm surprised the money being offered for him. I'm more surprised Ayr haven't taken it given he'll likely be off for nothing in the summer.

I suppose it's refreshing for a club not to take the money and run but although it's been a good start I can't imagine Ayr will be challenging at the end of the season so thought the cash would be handy.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm surprised the money being offered for him. I'm more surprised Ayr haven't taken it given he'll likely be off for nothing in the summer.

I suppose it's refreshing for a club not to take the money and run but although it's been a good start I can't imagine Ayr will be challenging at the end of the season so thought the cash would be handy.

If we had punted him for buttons a chunk of our fans would have been away for nothing.

Drawing Rangers at Ibrox came at a good time for the board.

I've not saw anything so far to suggest we can't/won't be up at the right end of the league come next summer, today might be the 1st sign, who knows.

This is like shagging munters for years then stumbling over the girl of your dreams, you're going to ride it for all it's worth until it fucks off again, we're currently at the red raw stage.

Edited by ayrmad

When will other clubs and fans realise that  we don't need the money. We're building something here.

The positivity around the club is the highest I can remember, attendances are starting to get back towards the Barr era, we have a young team playing exciting football.  Why risk all this for a quick buck?

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're right, I'm surprised by the derisory money being offered for him as well. It's shocking for a player of his undoubted talent.

Thanks for your concern but we'll be fine. I have faith in this young team and our manager.

When will other clubs and fans realise that  we don't need the money. We're building something here.
The positivity around the club is the highest I can remember, attendances are starting to get back towards the Barr era, we have a young team playing exciting football.  Why risk all this for a quick buck?
You're right, I'm surprised by the derisory money being offered for him as well. It's shocking for a player of his undoubted talent.
Thanks for your concern but we'll be fine. I have faith in this young team and our manager.

I don't think there's any need to get so precious about it. A 6 figure sum isn't to be sniffed at by any side in this division. And how often do you think you'll have players that can acquire that kind of fee?

To be brutally frank if we had sold Shankland we would be bottom 3 scrapping against relegation. If we go down it would cost us far more than the cash received for Shanks. Hence the reason we have retained him.
From the outside looking in that's what it looks like as opposed to keeping him for a title challenge.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think there's any need to get so precious about it. A 6 figure sum isn't to be sniffed at by any side in this division. And how often do you think you'll have players that can acquire that kind of fee?

Pot and kettle there mate.

You certainly know what precious is - Never seen so many Queens fans saying we are overconfident and underestimating them in a match thread before.

Hope we skelp you today! For the inevitable 'Ayr didn't play well we played badly' response that all the teams who lose to us are trotting out. It's delicious and long may it continue.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Pot and kettle there mate.

You certainly know what precious is - Never seen so many Queens fans saying we are overconfident and underestimating them in a match thread before.

Hope we skelp you today! For the inevitable 'Ayr didn't play well we played badly' response that all the teams who lose to us are trotting out. It's delicious and long may it continue.

tbf, that response is only from some of the fans of our opponents, plenty of others have been complimentary.