The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

@Finlay21 any indication if anything is going to happen tomorrow?

Not sure but think it will be a Cilla Black announcement ( some people must remember her catchphrase) I think Bartley may be head coach at Livingston next season if rumours are true , seemingly Martindale looks like moving upstairs , nothing concrete as I said just rumour mill 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not sure but think it will be a Cilla Black announcement ( some people must remember her catchphrase) I think Bartley may be head coach at Livingston next season if rumours are true , seemingly Martindale looks like moving upstairs , nothing concrete as I said just rumour mill 

So you recon it could be a Surprise, Surprise then ??

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I know the phrase btw

Really ??

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If it isn’t Marvin Bartley then I expect it to be Stephen McManus. Anyone else would be a shock. 

We don’t know who he’s spoken too , I would bet it’s not just the people being banded about in  the press that he thinks can do the role 

Edited by Finlay21

14 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

..... Pleasant suprise or otherwise?....

Edited by rb123!

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

..... Pleasant suprise or otherwise?....

I really don’t know , just hearing things from certain people , I was convinced it was going to be Bartley ( something needs to change very quickly for it to be him ) 

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Let's wait for it being some guy who's part of the coaching set up at one of the english prem reserve teams that nobody has ever heard of. 

And turns out to be an absolute worldie of an appointment

"Hello my name is Nai Orhtac and I am the new manager of Ayr United"

Screenshot_20211230-172403.png

I don’t like surprises 

This

Clubs at our level don’t get nice surprises. We get things like David Hopkin and Jim Duffy.

I too, am worried we end up with a Rice or McIntyre appointment. It would be nice to announce someone where we think he might actually do okay. Haven’t had that since McCall joined.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

"Hello my name is Nai Orhtac and I am the new manager of Ayr United"

Screenshot_20211230-172403.png

Shit he might actually be a good shout, part of Nino Esparto Santos setup at Tottenham when they got the bullet and will be looking to get back into managment, already has vast experience in the game for being only 35