The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Not to start rumours or anything BUT..... Marv appears to be appreciating Morton taking points off our local rival 👀

Mathie and Bartley both followed each other on twitter too in the last week

image.png.6d299b332b2ce88daa8c34a6f8dc0004.png

Dougie Imrie was at Livingston, obviously worked alongside Marvin, nothing surprising here

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Not to start rumours or anything BUT..... Marv appears to be appreciating Morton taking points off our local rival 👀

Mathie and Bartley both followed each other on twitter too in the last week

Not sure that's true. They definitely followed each other before Mathie joined us and imagine have been since being together at Hibs.  

Unless Hibs have another loan lined up for Bradley in the Championship, it is frankly idiocy to want to recall him at this point. 

ETA, thankful we got rid of Duffy or I imagine it would be guaranteed both Bradley and Maxwell would be away. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Not sure that's true. They definitely followed each other before Mathie joined us and imagine have been since being together at Hibs.  

I wouldn’t read much into it , I am sure it will have no bearing on who gets the job , I don’t think Bartley is the red hot favourite some people think , believe it will be a tough call , remember at interview things can pop that throw spanner’s in the works both ways , hopefully we find out soon 

I wouldn’t read much into it , I am sure it will have no bearing on who gets the job , I don’t think Bartley is the red hot favourite some people think , believe it will be a tough call , remember at interview things can pop that throw spanner’s in the works both ways , hopefully we find out soon 
If it's not today can't see it being before next Tuesday's with the new year's holidays coming up

It'll depend on how many people are selected for an interview and if they want a second or third interview after that. 

We have no game now until the 8th of January, I doubt a new manager put in place next week will be in the dugout anyway with potentially 2-3 days training. Whyte will be doing all the match prep. They could announce it any time next week.

Hopefully it is today as I can’t be arsed waiting till next week to see who it’ll be. Although the Kilmarnock game is off it’s still important to get them in and working with the players to allow them to be properly prepared for the Arbroath game on the 8th

51 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Agreed. I think people have put McBookie suspending betting in under 24 hours, Scott Burns retweeting the Bartley article and the Mathie connection together and decided Bartley's favourite. If it is him he'd need to relocate and depending on his contract pay compensation to Livi along with putting together a backroom team.

However Mathie said himself that he suggested 4 names and others may have been approached since. It's clear whoever it is will need to align themselves with the new vision so hopefully we can get it sorted this week and give the new coach as much time on the training pitch as possible.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Unless Hibs have another loan lined up for Bradley in the Championship, it is frankly idiocy to want to recall him at this point. 

ETA, thankful we got rid of Duffy or I imagine it would be guaranteed both Bradley and Maxwell would be away. 

I can understand why Hibs might want him back though. He's only started five games for us. I can't imagine that's what they envisaged when they loaned him out.

I agree with you though he will be used more (as he always should have been) now that Duffman has been bagged.

Can see why Hibs want him back regarding game time considering that mutant Duffy hardly played him for about 2 months, imagine there was probably some agreement in the deal that he has to play so many games. Hopefully Mathie can convince them that with a new coach coming in it'll change for the second half of the season. Have to say he looked quite rusty at times on Saturday but that could be expected due to lack of playing time, wonder if this has anything to do with Maloney coming in. 

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I can understand why Hibs might want him back though. He's only started five games for us. I can't imagine that's what they envisaged when they loaned him out.

I agree with you though he will be used more (as he always should have been) now that Duffman has been bagged.

Yes, but it would be stupid not to look at the underlying reasons and the removal of that reason. Regardless, it can be good for a young player to fight for their place and then earn it back. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes, but it would be stupid not to look at the underlying reasons and the removal of that reason. Regardless, it can be good for a young player to fight for their place and then earn it back. 

Agree, but from their side with a new manager coming in you can understand their trepidation. They are obviously looking for an assurance that he will be played.

I think its a total non-story tbh. Either Hibs or us have thrown it at the press to give them something to write about and allow both parties to show they are doing something.

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Every match I've seen Bradley (which is almost them all), I've found him to be one of our best players, one of our hardest workers and one of the most enthusiastic yet intelligent footballers currently with the club.

I've no idea why Duffy wouldn't play him and don't know what he did / didn't do in training, however on a Saturday there's no doubt at all that he should have been one of the first names on that team sheet.