The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think some of the stick Farid gets for last season was a bit unwarranted. His legs had clearly went but in the half season he was here he was the top scorer I’m sure and was the closest thing we had all season to a striker.

Definitely an underwhelming signing but he was far from the worst.

54 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

With a mighty 7 goals between them last season.

What a strike force.

Jesus Christ knew it wouldn't have been that many but didn't realise it was that few, embarrising.

Dumbarton, they managed to finish 9th with less points than our 10th the year before and seem to be hitting off the park issues now, along with Morton.  There's good chance there this year. 

Think this also included four wins v Brechin, I would say the same.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Don't mind Itzdrk, he also thought Shankland was shite when the rumours of him joining started. So I fully expect Stirling to be POTY if he joins.

The absolute state of this :lol:.  Desperate.

Scott Agnew and Ryan Thomson left Stranraer, reckon any of them could be a possibility for us?

I know midfield is a position we're quite strong in atm but don't know if Kerr and Adams will be here next season or not.

Scott Agnew and Ryan Thomson left Stranraer, reckon any of them could be a possibility for us?
I know midfield is a position we're quite strong in atm but don't know if Kerr and Adams will be here next season or not.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Agnew drop into the juniors tbh. He’s got his PT business and will be making more from it than football. Although Stewart Gilmour (ex St Mirren chairman) suggested he was signing for us but it was played down as a joke.

Always liked Thomson but I’m not sure he’s Championship quality.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Both nowhere near good enough for the championship. Agnew couldn’t get in the Stranraer team for the majority of the season. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

If that's the 2 footed challenge that wasn't 2 footed, the one where he clearly got the ball and was nowhere near catching the man with either foot, you're right, I'm happy to pay £16 for that any day of the week.

Didn't someone here mention that they spoke to Kerr at Harley's and he said he'd be here next season?

Adams must be a cert for staying too, be surprised if he left.

Was it Lochwood that was desperate to sign Agnew, hope to God he doesn't get the chance to girfuy on that one.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Didn't someone here mention that they spoke to Kerr at Harley's and he said he'd be here next season?

Was it Lochwood that was desperate to sign Agnew, hope to God he doesn't get the chance to girfuy on that one.

Lochwood is Dryhorce who is Ally Morrison imo. 

Some guy called Copa tried to say that Agnew was better than Crawford.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Lochwood is Dryhorce who is Ally Morrison imo. 

Me trying to work out Dryhorce's alter egos

giphy.gif

Why did Dryhorce get kicked in the first place?

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Highly doubt they will be at ayr next season. Aggy signed two year deal with us and was very poor until last 5 games of this season. Think he will drop to juniors or league 2. Thompson will head to Airdrie for more money. Your old pals from Airdrie supposedly offering big money this season after going part-time. 

Edited by ThePoohBear

20 minutes ago, ThePoohBear said:

Highly doubt they will be at ayr next season. Aggy signed two year deal with us and was very poor until last 5 games of this season. Think he will drop to juniors or league 2. Thompson will head to Airdrie for more money. Your old pals from Airdrie supposedly offering big money this season after going part-time. 

I doubt it too we won't be interested in any anyway ,hope we get yous in a cup like my Stranny away day

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Out of interest, who in our current squad would you put in this category? 

Adams, Docherty, Forrest, McGuffie, Crawford, Rose, Moore and McDaid wouldn’t be far off that level. One or two  of those will prove me wrong as still young and will hit form. Difficult to tell exactly who though as many have a track record of injury or erratic form. Moffat and Geggan may also enter into that category now because of age and injuries.