The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Summer football isn't necessary, we can simply have a break like we will have to do.nect season anyway. 

If the 3 weeks is 3 weeks, then Yes i'd agree, however if it turns into 2 or 3 months then that's a whole different discussion required.

16 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Here's hoping 🤞

Hopefully the only way is up after the Hindrance Hopkin and Donkey Duffy eras.

Ayr should hopefully work better with Mathie and their potential new manager, who I'm hoping gets us as far away from relegation play off places as possible.

Quite excited to see who Ayr sign this January. Anyone in the midfield would be a bonus.

I'd say it's a nailed on requirement rather than a bonus.

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd say it's a nailed on requirement rather than a bonus.

Ayr United Requirements list:

1. Sign a couple of decent Midfielders

2. Punt McGinty to the moon.

3. Sign an attacking forward.

4. Stop playing McAlister in midfield.

5. Learn how to string passes together.

Not necessarily in order but 100% needed.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

You forgot send afolabi to Celtic to burden some other poor b*****ds 

23 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

4. Stop playing McAlister

Tiny changes 😉

Edited by itzdrk

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Summer football isn't necessary, we can simply have a break like we will have to do.nect season anyway. 

We're having a break next season anyway? 🤔

I know the Premiership is because of the World Cup (although from mid November to mid December, which is well before the typical Covid surge by the looks of it) but wasn't conscious the lower divisions were having one. I assumed they'd play on as normal.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We're having a break next season anyway? 🤔

I know the Premiership is because of the World Cup (although from mid November to mid December, which is well before the typical Covid surge by the looks of it) but wasn't conscious the lower divisions were having one. I assumed they'd play on as normal.

Aw god they're not gonna play through it are they? 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

We can add,

Start playing Bradley and  O'Connor in the same team and start trying to enter our opponents half and God forbid, try and even score a goal or two !!

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aw god they're not gonna play through it are they? 

I don't think I've seen anything definitive either way. The lower leagues are unlikely to have anyone involved and are unlikely to want to have a month long break in fixtures. That said they will need to fit round the Premiership sides League Cup dates and playoffs so God knows. Any press on next season at this stage only refers to "Premiership shutdown". Either way, Nov 13 to Dec 18 is unlikely to be the period when a Covid surge would have us shut anyway. On the contrary we'd be more likely coming off the shutdown and INTO a Covid surge.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Falkirk showing their stream in their pub on Boxing Day, that sounds far better than leaving and going into the actual game. Hopefully we do the same! 

I  believe Ayr looked into that , but the rules say streams are not allowed in public areas , no idea how Falkirk are getting around it unless rules have changed very recently 

Edited by Finlay21

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think I've seen anything definitive either way. The lower leagues are unlikely to have anyone involved and are unlikely to want to have a month long break in fixtures. That said they will need to fit round the Premiership sides League Cup dates and playoffs so God knows. Any press on next season at this stage only refers to "Premiership shutdown". Either way, Nov 13 to Dec 18 is unlikely to be the period when a Covid surge would have us shut anyway. On the contrary we'd be more likely coming off the shutdown and INTO a Covid surge.

A decision  has been agreed by Championship clubs late this afternoon, announcements coming soon , more likely in morning  

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I  believe Ayr looked into that , but the rules say streams are not allowed in public areas , no idea how Falkirk are getting around it unless rules have changed very recently 

f**k knows then, though it would be good to find out what Falkirk are doing. You would think you could show your own stream in your own establishment!

10 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Season ticket holders only? 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

f**k knows then, though it would be good to find out what Falkirk are doing. You would think you could show your own stream in your own establishment!

I notice they have it in their statement, league rules say no , hopefully due to covid the rule has been relaxed