The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Does anyone know if the club plans to run some buses out of the Hub for the Killie game ? Or are buses  still in the bin due to the virus ? Think a few beers will be required for the New Year Derby ......

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

You are making things up - no one has defended it. Several people have simply pointed it the ongoing style of club communication. 

Suggest you read some of the responses to the club statement.  And as has been explained to you, the club has to be seen to be responding in this manner, probably in hopes of avoiding a fine.  
That said, there seems to be a fair amount of false equivalency going on - why have the club released a statement about this but didn’t mention Michael Hewitt ‘s injury??  Folk need to grow up a bit.

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Suggest you read some of the responses to the club statement.  And as has been explained to you, the club has to be seen to be responding in this manner, probably in hopes of avoiding a fine.  
That said, there seems to be a fair amount of false equivalency going on - why have the club released a statement about this but didn’t mention Michael Hewitt ‘s injury?? Folk need to grow up a bit.

Yourself included.

36 minutes ago, HMIP said:

That said, there seems to be a fair amount of false equivalency going on - why have the club released a statement about this but didn’t mention Michael Hewitt ‘s injury??  Folk need to grow up a bit.

People need to grow up for hoping for some basic communication....

It is quite obvious, if time can be found to issue a statement about a smoke bomb then it can be found to update supporters on the absolute basics like player injuries. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Where are they buried on the website?

I have genuinely never heard anything  from the SLO. Other than I recall Itzdrk quite fancied doing it a while back but that's probably 2+ years ago now.

Do they arrange sessions with the fans? I've got quite a lot to get off my chest and that sounds quite therapeutic. 

Mail him on slo@ayrunitedfc..co.uk , he deals with mails sent to him directly to deal with , 

58 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think we should need a SLO to raise absolutely basic things. None of these things should require prompting or ideas sent to the board, just a tiny degree of professionalism. 

Of course they should, if people have issues needing raised they should be done through the proper channels not through an at times hostile forum , pre match updates is not the main issue at the club , it is performance on the pitch which lies solely at the managers door , it’s him who should be on social media telling us what he intends to do to rectify it 

50 minutes ago, North British said:

Does anyone know if the club plans to run some buses out of the Hub for the Killie game ? Or are buses  still in the bin due to the virus ? Think a few beers will be required for the New Year Derby ......

Buses have been running to all away games  by the supporters club so far this season , can’t see Killie game being any different 

47 minutes ago, HMIP said:

People wanting a match preview isn't a big ask mate. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

People need to grow up for hoping for some basic communication....

It is quite obvious, if time can be found to issue a statement about a smoke bomb then it can be found to update supporters on the absolute basics like player injuries. 

Difference is that we have a safety officer who responds to these issues but currently don’t have anyone who deals with the playing side until new guy starts soon , our social media has been mediocre for many years and hopefully new guy uses it to his advantage 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Of course they should, if people have issues needing raised they should be done through the proper channels not through an at times hostile forum , pre match updates is not the main issue at the club , it is performance on the pitch which lies solely at the managers door , it’s him who should be on social media telling us what he intends to do to rectify it 

It lies largely at Smith’s door IMO.

Ultimately, he is the person most responsible for the current situation. I obviously hope in a years time he has turned it round, and we can praise his input. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It lies largely at Smith’s door IMO.

Ultimately, he is the person most responsible for the current situation. I obviously hope in a years time he has turned it round, and we can praise his input. 

In my opinion the manager picks the team , he currently says it’s not his players , chairman gives him or a new manager budget to improve squad in January , absolutely nothing Smith can do until January to improve team ,

The ultimate responsibility for everything on or off the pitch is the chairman. He does the hiring and firing. 

The lack of communications is embarrassing and indefensible. As has been evidenced today if the club wants to say something it can. Having no commercial manager or social media person is a pitiful excuse.

It is genuinely making things worse which is in no-ones interest.

I can only imagine (not in the know) that Smith is mulling over backing or sacking Duffy. Until he decides which way to go I doubt we'll hear anything. Friday's result could have a bearing on it but who knows.

Otherwise, it strikes me as a ridiculous amount of self harm of the relationship between club and fans.

Edited by Trogdor

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

In my opinion the manager picks the team , he currently says it’s not his players , chairman gives him or a new manager budget to improve squad in January , absolutely nothing Smith can do until January to improve team ,

Please let this be some kind of hint that Duffman is offski

21 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes, he is a poor manager but Smith appointed Hopkin and Duffy. 

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

he ultimate responsibility for everything on or off the pitch is the chairman. He does the hiring and firing. 

Not true , he does not identify/ sign  the most important part of the club which is the players , that’s totally manager’s responsibility and Hopkin was not good at it , Duffy has had next to no time to do this , need to see what he intends to do in a few weeks 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not true , he does not identify/ sign  the most important part of the club which is the players , that’s totally manager’s responsibility and Hopkin was not good at it , Duffy has had next to no time to do this , need to see what he intends to do in a few weeks 

That's rightly not the chairman's job.

If the manager hires the players and is responsible for their performance. Is the person who hires the manager not responsible for the managers performance? I don't see the distinction that you make.

Ultimately, the chairman is responsible for everything on or off the field at the club.

As for give Duffy a few weeks?

matt groening GIF

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That's rightly not the chairman's job.

If the manager hires the players and is responsible for their performance. Is the person who hires the manager not responsible for the managers performance? I don't see the distinction that you make.

Ultimately, the chairman is responsible for everything on or off the field at the club.

As for give Duffy a few weeks?

matt groening GIF

The current manager is working with NO players he signed , you can’t judge a manager who is working with a bag of spanner’s when it’s a couple of screwdriver that’s required to get the job done , let’s see who he looks at bringing in 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Where are they buried on the website?

I have genuinely never heard anything  from the SLO. Other than I recall Itzdrk quite fancied doing it a while back but that's probably 2+ years ago now.

Do they arrange sessions with the fans? I've got quite a lot to get off my chest and that sounds quite therapeutic. 

Haha no no I would not.  You fuds fancied me for it.