The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A video, him touring the hub and showing it off, then a sit down in the board room to discuss the plan for the next 6 months. 

Update on new commercial manager

PR wise, tell Duffy he's not staying on, privately and tell AU media that he's moving on at the end of the season, recruitment process has already started. 

There will be investment in January, some players moving out but we want to increase quality overall.

Acknowledge fans frustrations  

That would buy him a quiet few weeks. 

What we will get
f**k all apart from the Hub bit. 

Announce 18 month contract for Duffy taking him to 2023 

On a more serious note i've heard Gary Bollan is being considered....

Yes we would be approaching Watford levels of managerial merry go rounds if he was punted, not that we could afford to anyway. All about who, if anyone, we bring in in January. Even if the club came out and said we would be doing some business then it would go a bit of the way to placating the fans. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

On a more serious note i've heard Gary Bollan is being considered....

Would be more of the same 😐 We need an established manager, someone who would take the reigns and aim to improve. Gary Bollan has never done that, other than save Airdrie from relegation one time. 

IMG_20211121_235657.jpg

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t even joke about that, man. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

window fuck this GIF

13 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would be more of the same 😐 We need an established manager, someone who would take the reigns and aim to improve. Gary Bollan has never done that, other than save Airdrie from relegation one time. 

IMG_20211121_235657.jpg

Calm down lads i was on the wind up.

Scott Booth just been sacked from Birmingham woman's team though lol

23 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yes we would be approaching Watford levels of managerial merry go rounds if he was punted

Watford have had 17 managers in the last ten years, most of whom were not sacked for being grossly incompetent, so Ayr still have a ways to go on that front.

I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed that the Chairman is ready to dig deep into his pockets to get a competent, experienced and reasonably high profile manager in ASAP then backing him in the January transfer window.  

It is the only way I can see us turning this whole sorry mess around since Ian McCall left us high and dry.

58 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed that the Chairman is ready to dig deep into his pockets to get a competent, experienced and reasonably high profile manager in ASAP then backing him in the January transfer window.  

It is the only way I can see us turning this whole sorry mess around since Ian McCall left us high and dry.

Maybe, for a big round of drinks at the hub.

21 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Maybe, for a big round of drinks at the hub.

That’s the same Hub that fans have been asking for for years , the only owner we have had that is willing to invest in the long term planning of the club , yes we are going through a tough spell but the investment is needed to secure the future of the club , the manager has a very decent playing  budget and the Hub profits are to enhance that budget , don’t get the negativity about the Hub ,the Hub is not getting any money from the playing side of the club 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

That’s the same Hub that fans have been asking for for years , the only owner we have had that is willing to invest in the long term planning of the club , yes we are going through a tough spell but the investment is needed to secure the future of the club , the manager has a very decent playing  budget and the Hub profits are to enhance that budget , don’t get the negativity about the Hub ,the Hub is not getting any money from the playing side of the club 

I understand that, of course. The hub is great and I will absolutely be enjoying it. Just think it's worth pointing out/joking about the amount of attention it seems to get when other, more important aspects of the club are in a very bad state. The hub is an excellent addition.

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

You honestly sound like you are really enjoying the Hub, Robbo 😊👍 

The chairman will get us through this, fingers crossed. He's a fan of the club and surely wouldn't see Ayr go to complete shit. Yes, we can complain and moan just now but the inevitability is that we still need to wait till January to see who we might potentially be signing to improve the team.

So let's see what this team can get points wise until then. No point in moaning about it as not much can be done. Let's scrape out what we can points wise.