The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He actually left due to University pressures and was unable to train during the days along with a work placement , was not worth holding onto a player who could not make any training sessions and was looking only for a part time role 

Yup, a relatively similar situation as Smith. Let someone leave, who plays two positions we are woeful in - and never bring in a replacement. Shambolic - he had a contract so should have stayed until a replacement was brought in. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yup, a relatively similar situation as Smith. Let someone leave, who plays two positions we are woeful in - and never bring in a replacement. Shambolic - he had a contract so should have stayed until a replacement was brought in. 

What was the point of keeping him ? He could not train any days , along with was not getting a game and wasn’t rated by many fans , now some fans are asking why we let him go  , I find that strange 

Edited by Finlay21

33 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

What was the point of keeping him ? He could not train any days , along with was not getting a game and wasn’t rated by many fans , now some fans are asking why we let him go  , I find that strange 

Umm because we have two singular actual central midfielders and two right backs that can’t defend. There was nothing wrong with letting him go if they had bothered to get a replacement in. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Did the club have foresight that this was going to happen with Miller?

I’m not disputing with you but if they didn’t I find it a bit weird that an under contract full-time player would take on all those commitments meaning he can no longer train.

I’d love to see my works reaction if I just turned round tomorrow to tell them I could now only work 1 day a week because reasons.

18 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Did the club have foresight that this was going to happen with Miller?

I’m not disputing with you but if they didn’t I find it a bit weird that an under contract full-time player would take on all those commitments meaning he can no longer train.

I’d love to see my works reaction if I just turned round tomorrow to tell them I could now only work 1 day a week because reasons.

yes , he spoke his situation through  with the club and they felt it was best interest for everyone involved to allow him to leave , he could not train ( the club knew about his university situation when he signed ) don’t get why people are bringing it up now he was not a regular in the team at the time and there were was little chance of him getting a starting place 

59 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

yes , he spoke his situation through  with the club and they felt it was best interest for everyone involved to allow him to leave , he could not train ( the club knew about his university situation when he signed ) don’t get why people are bringing it up now he was not a regular in the team at the time and there were was little chance of him getting a starting place 

Because we are an utter disgrace of a side, and it is yet another sign of the utter ineptitude all over the club at the moment. He would have a decent chance of starting in the current side. As I said though, that isn’t the issue - it was the lack of a replacement. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Heard it was 50% and 100%

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Heard it was 50% and 100%

that’s not correct , one online will deduct all costs then make a donation , so can’t see where the 100% is coming from , 100% of profit maybe but certainly not 100% of sales , which the club is getting also 

Edited by Finlay21

54 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

You could excuse the fact that Miller wanted to leave for university reasons. But you can't excuse the fact that we never brought a replacement. 

Cant disagree with that , he was always leaving and to not replace him is baffling 

37 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Still no sign of a match preview, pathetic.

club shop is open but 

Team news ahead of tomorrow's match with Dunfermline and thoughts of manager Jim Duffy: THE HUB IS OPERATIONAL, REPEAT, THE HUB IS OPERATIONAL.