The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He’s not though is he? Andy Murdoch is twice the player Robbie Crawford is. 

Perhaps head and shoulders was a bit strong but I certainly think he’d do well for us. Doubt it’ll happen anyway 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He’s not though is he? Andy Murdoch is twice the player Robbie Crawford is. 

Completely different styles of midfield player. Murdoch is better at breaking up play, but Crawford is better in most other aspects. They may complement each other quite well actually. Crawford, Murdoch and another would be ideal. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Completely different styles of midfield player. Murdoch is better at breaking up play, but Crawford is better in most other aspects. They may complement each other quite well actually. Crawford, Murdoch and another would be ideal. 

Stephen Kelly? 😉 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who we got signed up beyond this season? Are McAdams and McAllister the only two? 

McKenzie is signed up until 2023 as well. Also AP said when McGinty signed it was a one year deal with the option of another year so not sure if that's the same for Fjortoft and Salkeld. Hopefully not.

10 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

McKenzie is signed up until 2023 as well. Also AP said when McGinty signed it was a one year deal with the option of another year so not sure if that's the same for Fjortoft and Salkeld. Hopefully not.

🤮

14 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

If anyone wants to subscribe for the free pdf programme it's just a matter of going onto the Ayr United Enquiries and stats Facebook page and sending your e-mail address on a PM. 

I would love a copy but not on FB. I enjoyed the few that were available to download from the SomersetRoadEnd forum but recent matches not on there.

45 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I can stomach Fjortoft as he at least has the odd redeeming quality, but I never want to see McGinty or Salkeld on the pitch in an Ayr United top again - right up there with our worst ever signings. 

Fjortoft is fine at this level, he's about lower-average for the league. That being said I'd still rate Muirhead as our best centre half. A good centre half next to him and your comfortable, a Jack Baird or Sean McGinty next to him and your cringing anytime the ball gets past our midfield. Would absolutely be looking for atleast 1 new central defender in January to keep Baird and McGinty away and atleast a 2nd in the summer as minimum. 

16 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Fjortoft is fine at this level, he's about lower-average for the league. That being said I'd still rate Muirhead as our best centre half. A good centre half next to him and your comfortable, a Jack Baird or Sean McGinty next to him and your cringing anytime the ball gets past our midfield. Would absolutely be looking for atleast 1 new central defender in January to keep Baird and McGinty away and atleast a 2nd in the summer as minimum. 

I’ve no real complaints with the way Baird has been playing this season.  If we have money to spend in January, it should really be getting invested in other parts of the team.   Muirhead, Baird and Fjortoft are far from the worst centre back options I’ve seen at the club.  I’m no big fan of McGinty, but the Partick game aside I’m not sure he’s been as catastrophically bad as some are making out.  

50 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Baird has arguably been better than Fjortoft this season. 

I like the look of fjortoff tbh, as some have said he’s very raw but think he will do ok. Mcginty can sit on the bench the rest of the season or if hopkin ends up in another gig he can go wherever he ends up. 

Is Houston’s deal actually up? Thought he signed an extension at some point but can’t find it on the website