The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

How much were we actually making / losing with the programmes ?

The reason I'm asking is that I honestly believe there's still a market there, even if they were to trial printing 300 or so for o home match in the next 4 weeks or so ?

I'm a bit out of the loop with current printing costs etc but surely it should be seen as providing a service to our fans if the market is still there ??

As for selling them, the guys doing the half time draw tickets surely wouldn't be overly inconvenienced to carry an extra 50 or 60 each with the remainder being available at the club shop ??

Just wondering as I really do think we've taken a big step back my scrapping them.

Sales have dropped over 50% and running at a loss  over last couple of seasons  when fans were attending games , believe Duncan Carmichael puts an online version out on some social media site 

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Should get @Death in Vegas to do it. Rumour I heard is that he is good at running.

I'm not one to ever condone violence. Though, as potential Co-Social media Manager with @Richey Edwards as the other, I'd like to think there were ways to get the club money and also provide entertainment for the local community.

I would like to suggest a Charity Cage Wrestling Match. With funds going towards a nearby charity in Ayr. Such as the Charity worn on the training shirts at the last Derby game. What a Fantastic cause 😊

@Death in Vegas Versus @Sortmeout

£5 a ticket, Confectionery and drinks available at kiosks. Cup Presentation after the match 😊👍

Say I was to ever listen to your 'Rumour', it would be after the wrestling match.....when you have to drink food through a straw, when your mistaken for the Ayr Panda Mascot, and you've lost the ability to walk, never mind any 'Running'.

Of course, it's meant in jest 😊 Does Kilmarnock have a local charity they could work with? I think charity involvement is the way to go 👍

IMG_20211106_102524.png

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm not one to ever condone violence. Though, as potential Co-Social media Manager with @Richey Edwards as the other, I'd like to think there were ways to get the club money and also provide entertainment for the local community.

I would like to suggest a Charity Cage Wrestling Match. With funds going towards a nearby charity in Ayr. Such as the Charity worn on the training shirts at the last Derby game. What a Fantastic cause 😊

@Death in Vegas Versus @Sortmeout

£5 a ticket, Confectionery and drinks available at kiosks. Cup Presentation after the match 😊👍

Say I was to ever listen to your 'Rumour', it would be after the wrestling match.....when you have to drink food through a straw, when your mistaken for the Ayr Panda Mascot, and you've lost the ability to walk, never mind any 'Running'.

Of course, it's meant in jest 😊 Does Kilmarnock have a local charity they could work with? I think charity involvement is the way to go 👍

IMG_20211106_102524.png

Hulk Hogan Sport GIF by WWE

Going back to Houston. he has never been the same since before everything stopped for Covid, he came back from lockdown and got injured in the mini pre-season before the restart for an injury to his heel i think and he has never seem to have fully got over that. Been in and out ever since with injuries and then anytime he has played he looks miles off the pace, i suppose that's probably down to him not really getting much of a run at it.

It has just been very stop/start from him and he's never looked the same player, at one point he really looked a prospect with his overlapping runs down the wing but those days are long gone unfortunately. 

Don't exactly think McCallister is the solution in RB either, still think he's be better in CM

Afolabi is definitely off the naughty step for me.  Looks fitter and sharper and looks like he can actually hold up the ball. We seem to be pinning our hopes on a big transfer window in January, but we know from experience that there’s generally not much available so hopefully we can work with Afolabi and bring him on a bit.  Adeloye is miles off the pace just now and Moffat can’t get on the park, so we really need to get something out of Afolabi if we possibly can.

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Afolabi is definitely off the naughty step for me.  Looks fitter and sharper and looks like he can actually hold up the ball. We seem to be pinning our hopes on a big transfer window in January, but we know from experience that there’s generally not much available so hopefully we can work with Afolabi and bring him on a bit.  Adeloye is miles off the pace just now and Moffat can’t get on the park, so we really need to get something out of Afolabi if we possibly can.

I was throwing my hopes at O'Connor. Though it's always good to see a player coming on and becoming better with time, hopefully Afolabi won't be as bad as we feared.

As long as we can get a couple of midfielders in January. 

55 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I’d like to see Robbie Crawford back on loan from Motherwell if at all possible. Doesn’t look like he is even making their bench at the moment (not sure if he is injured to be fair) Head and shoulders above any central midfield option we currently have. 

12 minutes ago, ecocme said:

I’d like to see Robbie Crawford back on loan from Motherwell if at all possible. Doesn’t look like he is even making their bench at the moment (not sure if he is injured to be fair) Head and shoulders above any central midfield option we currently have. 

He’s not though is he? Andy Murdoch is twice the player Robbie Crawford is. 

15 minutes ago, ecocme said:

He's got an ankle injury

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-injury-update-ankle-blow-25223861

Edited by rb123!

48 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Got some premier league experience now as well, so probably a better player now than when he left.  I do wonder if he’d want to come back given the bizarre criticism he used to take (and still seems to get) from some Ayr fans.  Wasn’t always helped by playing out of position wide left, but as a central midfielder, he would be a quality addition.  

He’s not though is he? Andy Murdoch is twice the player Robbie Crawford is. 

Nah c’mon now.

Murdoch is good at this level and I love him but Rab is quality when he’s actually played in his proper position. For all McCall loved him, he could’ve done him a massive favour by actually playing him in his natural position and not out on the wing.