The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

100%, in a time where clubs had to drastically improve their social media/streaming presence during covid ours has basically regressed like the rest of the club.

The axing of the programme has only added to this, as at least it had some info in it about injury updates, Managers aims, learn a wee bit more about some of our newer players etc. Not to mention a profile on our youth teams and the up and coming youngsters to watch out for etc.

I know all the guys I go to games with all really miss it, as do I.

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It does appear to have gotten dramatically worse though...

4 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

100%, in a time where clubs had to drastically improve their social media/streaming presence during covid ours has basically regressed like the rest of the club.

I get the impression no one can be arsed doing that. A shame really, as it would give the club much needed publicity for free.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm think one of the chaps who has been doing some (all?) of the twitter comms for years (voluntarily) has stepped back from that as well.
Perhaps with the commercial manager role still to be filled it's a gap upon a gap.

Believe Commercial role has been identified with the person starting soon , 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Believe Commercial role has been identified with the person starting soon , 

How much were we actually making / losing with the programmes ?

The reason I'm asking is that I honestly believe there's still a market there, even if they were to trial printing 300 or so for o home match in the next 4 weeks or so ?

I'm a bit out of the loop with current printing costs etc but surely it should be seen as providing a service to our fans if the market is still there ??

As for selling them, the guys doing the half time draw tickets surely wouldn't be overly inconvenienced to carry an extra 50 or 60 each with the remainder being available at the club shop ??

Just wondering as I really do think we've taken a big step back my scrapping them.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

How much were we actually making / losing with the programmes ?

The reason I'm asking is that I honestly believe there's still a market there, even if they were to trial printing 300 or so for o home match in the next 4 weeks or so ?

I'm a bit out of the loop with current printing costs etc but surely it should be seen as providing a service to our fans if the market is still there ??

As for selling them, the guys doing the half time draw tickets surely wouldn't be overly inconvenienced to carry an extra 50 or 60 each with the remainder being available at the club shop ??

Just wondering as I really do think we've taken a big step back my scrapping them.

Unfortunately, I think the match day programme is something that will become extinct in the drive for the world to become carbon neutral surely?

The online pdf version was alright if not a bit rough around the edges, enjoyed reading it on the train on the way down.

I only ever bought one at the ground if I knew of specific content inside it connected to people I know

18 minutes ago, diege said:

Unfortunately, I think the match day programme is something that will become extinct in the drive for the world to become carbon neutral surely?

The online pdf version was alright if not a bit rough around the edges, enjoyed reading it on the train on the way down.

I only ever bought one at the ground if I knew of specific content inside it connected to people I know

I didn't even know we had such a thing ??

Without wanting to anger Greta, I think we're a long way from doing away with paper altogether !!

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I didn’t know we’d stopped with the programmes. Haven’t bought one in years but still a bit sad to see them die out.

Programmes used to be part of the match experience for me. I still have all of my programmes from when I was younger. 

When I was younger and lived in Germany and London (my dad was in the army), my Papa used to always post me the programmes.

The quality of the content declined over the years until they were barebones, but they were a nice momento to have. It's sad that they've been stopped.

We probably need a communications manager as opposed to a commercial manager. Since 2011 the shirt sponsor has picked itself and how many people can name all the winners from the shirts and shorts draw during the same period? Also now we have more sponsors on board surely the directors could interact with them and make them feel valued. Compare that to no interaction with fans and not making them feel valued.

Back in about 2008/09 the club sent a physical newsletter for those in the supporters club and around 2014-15 they had a go at an email newsletter. I think something like that, especially with no programmes, would show an effort to improve communication and they could incorporate news about 1st team, academy and the women’s team and give people an idea what is going on. Anyway good luck to the new commercial manager and if they read this can they completely rip up B&W TV and start again and have actual weekly content as during COVID that idea was a massive own goal by the club.

1 hour ago, diege said:

We only produce a monthly match magazine now which covers all matches for a particular calander month....

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We only produce a monthly match magazine now which covers all matches for a particular calander month....

I quite like the idea of this actually - offer people a subscription service and post it out/offer it online. I would most likely sign up for something like that. 

I think that's a decent shout that. I suppose those who get a physical copy can bring them to games if they like, if they feel naked without a programme.