The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

TBF I said at the end of last season that Hearts squad wouldn't keep them up as they limped their way over the line. (yes they won it by miles but they were pretty unimpressive and barely won an away game in the latter half of the season). They were sitting top of the Premier last weekend!

They've made a few changes obviously, but clubs inevitably will on promotion. I think they had 5 new signings starting at Ibrox last week but the rest of the squad pretty much were playing in the Championship including the entire back line.

I think Hearts are a bit of an outlier in that they had the likes of Gordon, Smith, Souttar and Boyce in the Championship and yet still had almost 50% of changes to their starting eleven last week as you point out. 

I'm actually annoyed and frustrated reading that Kilmarnock coaches were attacked and a back window put in. 

It honestly sounds like sour grapes from Ayr fans. Kilmarnock won the game last night but they won't win every game against Ayr. Sometimes Ayr win, Sometimes Killie win, It's a game of football at the end of the day. A game. Some fans should stop being over pathetic about a loss and maybe grow up 😐 Have a laugh and banter but don't go as far as to attack a coach.

That's three weeks in a row something has happened 🙄 Ayr United fans are making a bad name for themselves by doing stupid things like this 😐

The Racism investigation, The Wullie Gibson die in your sleep thing and now We're tanning buses. 🙄

I dislike Kilmarnock FC but I don't wish any specific harm to any of their players. 🙄 They are just doing their job 😐

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Fairly honest assessment from Duffy in the interview, sounds like he was dithering a bit with the subs toward the end of the game. Sounds like too many of the players were just gassed toward the end.

That's how it looked anyway. Worrying for somebody so experienced that this happens, he should be the one leading and making important decisions. The dithering won't go unnoticed to the players either if that is how it played out. 

Quite how a one legged McAllister was left on as long was baffling at the time and is still the same the day after. Especially with Houston on the bench. 

It felt that a lot of their good play in the second half in particular came from our right back area, the shot saved by McAdams and the source of the cross for the conceded penalty, immediately come to mind. 

The half time team talks and in game decisions from both Duffy and Wright have decided the momentum shift particularly in the 2nd half and ultimately goes a long way towards the final result. 

46 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

That's how it looked anyway. Worrying for somebody so experienced that this happens, he should be the one leading and making important decisions. The dithering won't go unnoticed to the players either if that is how it played out. 

Quite how a one legged McAllister was left on as long was baffling at the time and is still the same the day after. Especially with Houston on the bench. 

I think the positive to take from the match is that we have improved a great deal since the opening game of the season, to the extent that nobody would have said it was a great injustice if it had finished 0-0. Equally, however, I don't think we can really say that Killie snatched it, they did outplay us in the second half. McAllister should have been off as others have said, and Muirhead and Bradley - who are both key - were clearly done after 70 mins. I can only assume that Duffy didn't have confidence that those on the bench were fit enough or good enough and we have to trust his experience on that.

I think it will be very close between Raith and Killie for the title, I haven't seen anything to make me think that Killie will run away with it although I think the top 2-3 will break away from the rest by Christmas.

Genuine question - what would the financial implications be for Killie if they didn't get promoted this season? I presume they have relied on the parachute payment to fund that squad.

For us, bringing in a couple of players in January to enable us to finish fifth would represent a very good outcome all things considered.

It's quite amusing how virtually everyone points to Ayr, Queens and Morton as "struggling" yet automatically expects Dunfermline and Hamilton to be fine simply because they have big budgets and well known players.

The reality is that despite their abundant riches they have both been utterly horrendous and totally deserve to be where they are in the league.

Yes, they do indeed have big budgets and well known players but I remember the same being said for both Falkirk and Partick not so long ago.....

Fair enough points made by Duffy about why he couldn’t make quick changes, not like them as they have a squad of 30 plus 25 of who can all walk in to the team, think we forget they have double our budget for players, and still don’t look any great shakes but as I said that’s what will get them the minimum of the play offs.

39 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McAdams is a fantastic goalkeeper btw, crazy that he has sat on the bench for half of the season. 

Thought he had a fine game and looks the business, but what about his hairstyle.

Sorry to bore you Trogdor..............................

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

McAdams is a fantastic goalkeeper btw, crazy that he has sat on the bench for half of the season. 

Aye he is

I still get the fear watching him simply because he’s not the biggest and I’m not convinced he’s the most commanding goalie (there were a couple of occasions where he was slow in coming out to get the ball).

But aside from that he’s a fantastic shop stopper and despite not being that tall he is more than capable of coming out and dealing with crosses. It’s a shame that since he’s come back into the team he’s been let down by shite defending as he could easily have a few clean sheets.

Edit: Also, his distribution has improved since the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

Houston was actually stripped and waiting to come on from the dug out around the 70th minute I think it was. Bang in the dithering time period anyway.

Houston has been absolute mince for about a year and a half so it’s probably debatable if he’d have been any better than a limping McAllister anyway.

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm actually annoyed and frustrated reading that Kilmarnock coaches were attacked and a back window put in. 

Absolutely this. There is absolutely no excuse for this reckless and dangerous behaviour. 

I hope those responsible are caught and dealt with by the police and that those away fans caught up in it through no fault of their own are OK in the circumstances. 

Despite your county allegiances we're surely all brought up to be better than this. 

Given that you couldn't be arsed to actually attend the match it's quite the reach to think you have any bragging rights here. 
Aye, I "couldn't be arsed" taking a 500 mile round trip in midweek, necessitating two days leave for both me and Mrs WRK as I'm not supposed to drive that kind of distance, or relying on public transport which would have meant spending most of those two days on trains and buses. Some of us have more pressing issues in our lives, lad.
And bragging rights? There are Killie fans all over the world and you better believe it, those rights belong to us all.
Forever in our shadow.

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Aye, I "couldn't be arsed" taking a 500 mile round trip in midweek, necessitating two days leave for both me and Mrs WRK as I'm not supposed to drive that kind of distance, or relying on public transport which would have meant spending most of those two days on trains and buses. Some of us have more pressing issues in our lives, lad.
And bragging rights? There are Killie fans all over the world and you better believe it, those rights belong to us all.
Forever in our shadow.

You tell' em Rosie.

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

It honestly sounds like sour grapes from Ayr fans. Kilmarnock won the game last night but they won't win every game against Ayr. Sometimes Ayr win, Sometimes Killie win, It's a game of football at the end of the day. A game. Some fans should stop being over pathetic about a loss and maybe grow up 😐 Have a laugh and banter but don't go as far as to attack a coach.

That's three weeks in a row something has happened 🙄 Ayr United fans are making a bad name for themselves by doing stupid things like this 😐

The Racism investigation, The Wullie Gibson die in your sleep thing and now We're tanning buses. 🙄

I dislike Kilmarnock FC but I don't wish any specific harm to any of their players. 🙄 They are just doing their job 😐

Decent post. The reports in recent weeks seem to suggest (referring to your second last para) some fans up home are trying to relive the 70's and 80's - and not in a good way. 

I've refrained from having a pop at Ayr fans for last night's attack as there's every chance these were just random scumbags, however the circumstances seem. Hopefully they get found, nicked and properly dealt with. I believe Bowhouse is currently offering free Covid with every 28 day senrtence..

22 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Forever in our shadow.

So you couldn't be arsed. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye he is

I still get the fear watching him simply because he’s not the biggest and I’m not convinced he’s the most commanding goalie (there were a couple of occasions where he was slow in coming out to get the ball).

But aside from that he’s a fantastic shop stopper and despite not being that tall he is more than capable of coming out and dealing with crosses. It’s a shame that since he’s come back into the team he’s been let down by shite defending as he could easily have a few clean sheets.

Edit: Also, his distribution has improved since the start of the season.

I thought he did well from a few cross balls last night, especially considering the conditions - excellent shot stopper. 

Now you mention it, I do recall him being slow on the odd occasion - still very young so these things will come, especially with a settled defence.