Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

3000 left

 

Oooh no, we're going to be outnumbered by DKBs at our own stadium. You talked the same pish leading up to this game and got your customary shoeing at Somerset and scurried back up the A77 pronto.

geggs-killie2-600x321.jpg.20290cc0ae253495ea0a77189d5aa904.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ironically as a season ticket holder, I'd probably be more "embarrassed" if we sold our 5,000 + allocation, given that our average home support is about 1,500 !!

Ultimately no fan has any control over who chooses to watch (or not watch) any given football match, so while it would be nice to have a bigger support, not just for this game, for every game, it's really not something that either I or any of my fellow fans should feel "bad" about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Ironically as a season ticket holder, I'd probably be more "embarrassed" if we sold our 5,000 + allocation, given that our average home support is about 1,500 !!

Ultimately no fan has any control over who chooses to watch (or not watch) any given football match, so while it would be nice to have a bigger support, not just for this game, for every game, it's really not something that either I or any of my fellow fans should feel "bad" about.

If you can pick up a few extra home fans off the back of games like this, then great. If not we're no better or worse off. It is a problem most clubs in the country face. At the end of the day every penny counts, and how we get them doesn't matter. A good win might see our home gate boosted a little for the next few games, a shoeing and we're back to the hardcore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

If you can pick up a few extra home fans off the back of games like this, then great. If not we're no better or worse off. It is a problem most clubs in the country face. At the end of the day every penny counts, and how we get them doesn't matter. A good win might see our home gate boosted a little for the next few games, a shoeing and we're back to the hardcore. 

Yes, totally agree, my post above was more in response to the punter who thought we the fans should be "embarrassed" about a lack of support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, totally agree, my post above was more in response to the punter who thought we the fans should be "embarrassed" about a lack of support.

What's to get embarrassed about?

We are a bigger club than you, but Dundee Utd, Hibs, etc are bigger than us - doesn't necessarily mean they are better.

What's the old saying, "size doesn't matter".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

What's to get embarrassed about?

We are a bigger club than you, but Dundee Utd, Hibs, etc are bigger than us - doesn't necessarily mean they are better.

What's the old saying, "size doesn't matter".

100%, You and I can't help it if the majority of the local football supporting population would prefer to travel to Glasgow rather than support their local clubs.

We might be rivals but I see supporters of clubs like ours as the good guys and have much more time for anyone supporting their local club than those who take the "easy option", whether that be for misplaced religious reasons or just pure and simple glory hunting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

100%, You and I can't help it if the majority of the local football supporting population would prefer to travel to Glasgow rather than support their local clubs.

We might be rivals but I see supporters of clubs like ours as the good guys and have much more time for anyone supporting their local club than those who take the "easy option", whether that be for misplaced religious reasons or just pure and simple glory hunting.

Just this, 100% THIS!!!! 

#OFGTF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

100%, You and I can't help it if the majority of the local football supporting population would prefer to travel to Glasgow rather than support their local clubs.

We might be rivals but I see supporters of clubs like ours as the good guys and have much more time for anyone supporting their local club than those who take the "easy option", whether that be for misplaced religious reasons or just pure and simple glory hunting.

Don't talk shite.

They don't even travel to Glasgow. 

Aside from that, yes I agree.

Edited by Richey Edwards
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Don't talk shite.

They don't even travel to Glasgow. 

Support one of the old firm for status or to fit in (how I viewed it in school at least, glory seeking to an extent.)"Look at my amazing team winning the spl!" Yet many 'Old firm fans' have never actually been to a game 🙄

I was born in Ayr, I was raised in Ayr, I support Ayr United no matter how shite they can and will ever be. It's shite like supporting one of the Glasgow teams over your local team that has, in my opinion, ruined Scottish football. 

That's also one of the reasons why I treasure the Ayrshire Derby. No nonsense football with fans of their local team from Ayrshire. The Banter and bragging rights. 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Support one of the old firm for status or to fit in (how I viewed it in school at least, glory seeking to an extent.)"Look at my amazing team winning the spl!" Yet many 'Old firm fans' have never actually been to a game 🙄

I was born in Ayr, I was raised in Ayr, I support Ayr United no matter how shite they can and will ever be. It's shite like supporting one of the Glasgow teams over your local team that has, in my opinion, ruined Scottish football. 

That's also one of the reasons why I treasure the Ayrshire Derby. No nonsense football with fans of their local team from Ayrshire. The Banter and bragging rights. 😊

I just don't understand why you would support a football team from a place you have no links to.

If you are from a town, surely you would support the team from that town?

It doesn't matter if they're shite, or have never won any major honours. They're still your team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Oooh no, we're going to be outnumbered by DKBs at our own stadium. You talked the same pish leading up to this game and got your customary shoeing at Somerset and scurried back up the A77 pronto.

geggs-killie2-600x321.jpg.20290cc0ae253495ea0a77189d5aa904.jpg

Hitler had more fans than Jesus did. Does that make him better than Jesus?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

What's the context in this?

Is this the name for the somerset hub or something?? 

The name of the bar part. 
 

I don’t actually care particularly much, but a bit of a bizarre choice IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...