Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

For a team that sings the pathetic "stand up if you can't sit down" ditty, probably not repeated anywhere else in the football world, they sure do love coming back to our old ground.

On the night of the cup replay I couldn't sit down at Rugby Park. Stood the whole game through not being able to find an empty seat. Same experience at Ibrox in the League Cup three years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

If the away end hasn't sold out, why are your weirdo fans buying home end tickets?

I would certainly never do it by choice but I understand that some have done so by mistake due to the chaos on the day of ticket release. 

Most plan to ask police/stewards to be moved.

Hopefully common sense prevails. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Most plan to ask police/stewards to be moved.

Hopefully common sense prevails. 

Aye, it will. The interlopers will be chucked out and we'll keep your £18. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I would certainly never do it by choice but I understand that some have done so by mistake due to the chaos on the day of ticket release. 

Most plan to ask police/stewards to be moved.

Hopefully common sense prevails. 

 

Cant move fans into an already full capacity section of ground , send them up the road 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Superb result today!!!

also heard that we’ve got plans in the pipeline to cover the north terrace in the not to distant future?

Really? It would certainly make the NT more pleasurable,  no pissing rain and no seagulls to shit on me 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still plenty of cracks in the team, first half was almost a procession. Could have easily been 2 down at half time. Second half, QOTS changed shape to try and draw us out and get in behind us. 
The changes we made swung everything in our favour. Fjortoft and Baird played well as a pairing, Reading played well throughout. Maxwell was good in spells but his passing and final ball were poor. 
second half, there was a bit more desire in the team, we defended higher up the park and retained possession a lot better without creating many clear cut chances. 
Queens change of game plan certainly helped us but it’s all about exploiting these things when they happen. 
good win and it moves us 3 points further up than Hamilton and Morton, 2 on Dunfermline. As far off the promotion playoffs as we are the relegation playoffs which seemed a million miles away 6 weeks ago 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Nearly a sell out for Killie end plus many in the home end. Probably a bigger away support than home support.

How stupid is this c*nt? They haven't managed to sell their allocation and he comes up with this shit.

Doesn't surprise me though, killie fans have always used the Celtic seville calculator when making crowd predictions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Superb result today!!!

also heard that we’ve got plans in the pipeline to cover the north terrace in the not to distant future?

While I’m glad that Smith might be looking at stuff like this, I just hope it is sustainable for him personally. Building the hub and investing in projects that lessen the financial burden on him and the other directors and put the club on a sounder, unsubsidised footing make sense and are good for the club. Until they are in place and paying for superficial improvements I personally am not bothered about a cover on the north terrace 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

While I’m glad that Smith might be looking at stuff like this, I just hope it is sustainable for him personally. Building the hub and investing in projects that lessen the financial burden on him and the other directors and put the club on a sounder, unsubsidised footing make sense and are good for the club. Until they are in place and paying for superficial improvements I personally am not bothered about a cover on the north terrace 

I'd imagine any roof on the north terrace will be linked to a new hospitality suite. I can't imagine you could add a roof without impacting the existing suite. A new fit for purpose hospitality suite which provides a great match day experience will be an earner and bring in extra income and in turn improve our financial sustainability. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The changes we made swung everything in our favour. Fjortoft and Baird played well as a pairing, Reading played well throughout. Maxwell was good in spells but his passing and final ball were poor. 

Afolabi looked scared to challenge anyone at all. Ayr are definitely missing a midfield. McAllister made a few mistakes with his control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'd imagine any roof on the north terrace will be linked to a new hospitality suite. I can't imagine you could add a roof without impacting the existing suite. A new fit for purpose hospitality suite which provides a great match day experience will be an earner and bring in extra income and in turn improve our financial sustainability. 

I get that, but it would be more of an outlay for him than a roof on the north terrace. Incorporating seating behind the north terrace and hospitality along with the new roof would be good but renovating the hospitality would do just as well for the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I would certainly never do it by choice but I understand that some have done so by mistake due to the chaos on the day of ticket release. 

 

More likely because they were incapable of reading a message which told them which link was for home fans and which was for away fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

More likely because they were incapable of reading a message which told them which link was for home fans and which was for away fans.

Some were even thicker  than that and actually bought QOS tickets 😂, they must have been desperate to watch the Super Ayr 

Edited by Finlay21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...