The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Sorry to deflect the thread here, but curious to know what you thought of Spurs new stadium.

I've only been to the old White Hart Lane, and that was a few years back now.

It was first class. 60,000 plus crowd but no queues for anything, great view, facilities were superb.

Hamilton managed to stay in the Premiership for so long on sub 1000 home fans was due to their players being better than players who were  on more money. 

You can quite easily get several players at a club  who are on £500 a week who are miles better than players at another club who are on £1000 a week. 

Fan numbers are rendered useless when a more affluent club with more fans sign shitter players and have worse managers.

50 minutes ago, Iain said:

It was first class. 60,000 plus crowd but no queues for anything, great view, facilities were superb.

Yeah, looks first class.  Used to live in Barnet, north London when I got married so was something of a north end lad for a while.

Still, bet the Spurs fans dream of heading down for a pie at half-time and missing 15 mins of the second half waiting in a queue while the lass boils a kettle for someone's bovril ....... or maybe not ... 🤔

48 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hamilton managed to stay in the Premiership for so long on sub 1000 home fans was due to their players being better than players who were  on more money. 

You can quite easily get several players at a club  who are on £500 a week who are miles better than players at another club who are on £1000 a week. 

Fan numbers are rendered useless when a more affluent club with more fans sign shitter players and have worse managers.

Aye, all very true - relatively high average support doesn't necessarily equal decent players, or a decent manager (the Halbeath Road thread currently being a very topical case in point here)..

I'm an ex-pat Doonhamer these days and I now live 7 miles up the hill from Hamilton and its well known that they have excellent local scouting and over the recent years have been good at spotting the emerging football talent in the local boys leagues.  When my son played in those leagues, there were usually Accies sides in the leagues too and also invariably Accies scouts or coaches covering the games.  So this was very much their MO.

Much harder for the really provincial sides (like Inverness or Queens) to cast the net adequately over the main emerging talent pool, which tends to be in or around the big population centre of the Weegie metropolis area.  Maybe easier for the Ayrshire sides though.

Good to see we're as on the ball as ever with killie announcing to their fans that tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am, meanwhile we've been told nothing.....

Not as if it's one of the biggest games of the season or anything like that

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Good to see we're as on the ball as ever with killie announcing to their fans that tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am, meanwhile we've been told nothing.....

The club has now posted details on social media.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

It was agreed that the clubs would put out the information this afternoon, it’s not our fault that Kilmarnock jumped the gun , I am sure that the 2 hour difference will have no effect on home fans buying tickets and they go on sale at the same time , 

Edited by Finlay21

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It was agreed that the clubs would put out the information this afternoon, it’s not our fault that Kilmarnock jumped the gun , I am sure that the 2 hour difference will have no effect on home fans buying tickets and they go on sale at the same time , 

How did Kilmarnock jump the gun? Their tweet is time stamped at 5pm. Ours was over 4 hours later.

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

How did Kilmarnock jump the gun? Their tweet is time stamped at 5pm. Ours was over 4 hours later.

They have a PR team , we currently have someone completing after their day job , our commercial manager looks after that part of communication and unfortunately ours has left and currently being replaced ,I like the majority of fans don’t see an issue of a team telling their fans that tickets go on sale a few hours before the home team , both teams sales open at same time , exactly what is the issue ? putting out tweet a few hours later will make no difference to the selling of tickets 

Edited by Finlay21

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

They have a PR team , we currently have someone completing after their day job as commercial manager looks after that part of communication and unfortunately ours has left and currently being replaced ,I like the majority of fans don’t see an issue of a team telling their fans that tickets go on sale a few hours before the home team , both teams sales open at same time 

So they didn’t jump the gun then…

I think what you say fits with the point that the club PR is poor - there’s no one at the club to even do it just now.

Not having a go at you or any others tasked with doing it, the problem is from higher up. You do a great job of coming on here and putting out fires regarding tickets and the club shop, but the very fact that you have to do it so often kind of reinforces the point. And you’ve been doing it since long before the commercial manager left.

Edited by eez-eh

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I meant to ask you last night, but is that Unions old ground in Koepinick ??

That's their current stadium.  It's far too big for what we require but the idea of it matches a modernised Somerset for me.  

Seems a bit of an odd ask, that we are being asked to send proof of vaccine status via email to the club in the Killie match info? 
Are these part of the stipulations being fed down by the league / ScotGov / SAC or is this something the club is doing?

I'm assuming turning up with the app on my phone is enough, rather than emailing what is effectively a medical record to a football club.

11 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Seems a bit of an odd ask, that we are being asked to send proof of vaccine status via email to the club in the Killie match info? 
Are these part of the stipulations being fed down by the league / ScotGov / SAC or is this something the club is doing?

I'm assuming turning up with the app on my phone is enough, rather than emailing what is effectively a medical record to a football club.

I'm assuming it's spot checks. Otherwise the queues will be massive if we have to check every punter.

I couldn't be arsed with the app it was wanting my id and I had to photograph it there and then. So I downloaded the pdf of my vacinnation status that details my 2 jabs and has two qr codes. I assume that is sufficient?

14 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Aye, I’m not sure how they’ve managed to get past the data confidentiality/data protection with this one. 

Aye, I’m not sure how they’ve managed to get past the data confidentiality/data protection with this one. 
I'd be giving the club absolutely nothing beyond what is actually necessary to go and watch a football game. If they're insisting, I'd be asking about GDPR. I couldn't even tell you who at the club would handle such a thing.