The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he’s quick, decent on the ball but lacks the ability to make the right decision when in the final 3rd. He’s got loads of energy which is why I’d play him in midfield but I’m not sure he’s good enough to play as an out an out full back or winger. He’d be quite handy doing what Geggan did for us on the right hand side when we were in the Championship.

I like him though.

I like him too but not sure what his best position is to be honest. His final decision whether to pass or shoot can be wrong but I can forgive that as he gets into the right positions. He does need to be a bit stronger though. 

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Maxwell is a great player and should be in the team every week, he was the reason we were so much better in the second half. I would have him and Daire starting on the flanks every week, we could murder teams!

He looked well short of fitness to me when he come on yesterday as was struggling and blowing after only a few minutes, however he did appear to grow into the game once up to speed.

Maybe he's had covid ? but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have lasted anything like 90 mins if had been on from the start.

Our attendance seems to be low at the minute. Does anyone know how many home streamers we have? I'm wondering if some folk are opting to stay in the house rather than rock up to Somerset?

Otherwise 1300 odd home fans seems a bit low. I know we're not playing swashbuckling football but equally it's not brutal hoof/hoppy ball anymore.

I expect it'll be more when we play the DKBs on the 26th October (just noticed it's a Tuesday night, why?). We need to try and retain some of those who come out for the derby. 

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Our attendance seems to be low at the minute. Does anyone know how many home streamers we have? I'm wondering if some folk are opting to stay in the house rather than rock up to Somerset?

Otherwise 1300 odd home fans seems a bit low. I know we're not playing swashbuckling football but equally it's not brutal hoof/hoppy ball anymore.

I expect it'll be more when we play the DKBs on the 26th October (just noticed it's a Tuesday night, why?). We need to try and retain some of those who come out for the derby. 

Actually trying to play something resembling football in this derby might help with that.

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Terracing feels a lot busier than 1300.  Unless 18 months of social distancing has changed my perception of what Is “busy”!

I'm annoyed at this report of racist abuse aimed at the Morton team. I didn't hear it myself 🤔 though it definitely could be viewed as racist.

It's a game at the end of the day, players have lives and family's outside of the stadium. It's just not on, especially in today's society.

'Shower of Monkeys' is also wrong. It's 'Barrel of Monkeys'. 

If your going to be shouting ignorant and pathetic racist abuse, at least get the collective noun correct, ya p*ick!

Ayr should definitely start handing out Bans over nonsense like this.

Edited by Roxanne's man

Calling a team with one black player a shower of monkeys shows to me that it wasnt meant as a racist term. I'd class it as the same as a shower of c***s, shower of shite etc rather than anything more malice. Seems there is always somebody perma offended by anything. We'd look incredibly stupid having a supporter using a racist term when we have 2 black players, one of whom was playing yesterday 🙄

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Calling a team with one black player a shower of monkeys shows to me that it wasnt meant as a racist term. I'd class it as the same as a shower of c***s, shower of shite etc rather than anything more malice. Seems there is always somebody perma offended by anything. We'd look incredibly stupid having a supporter using a racist term when we have 2 black players, one of whom was playing yesterday 🙄

Alternatively, the single Ayr fan who allegedly made a racist comment at the game is just a thick fuckwit. Much like the one dishing out this apologist drivel. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye cause its only teams with all white players who's fans have racially abused someone in the past.  Total " some of my best players are black" nonsense. 

All depends on the context of it. Shower of monkeys if that's what's been said could have been at best an innocently intended but very unfortunate choice of words but equally if it was shouted at a point of the game where it was clearly in response to Ugwu's actions on the pitch then that's a completely different story. 

A full investigation should be conducted by the club and the person punished harshly if found to be guilty. Easy to pile on a club who has a fan accused of this but could have quite as easily been a moron in any stadium in the country. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Alternatively, the single Ayr fan who allegedly made a racist comment at the game is just a thick fuckwit. Much like the one dishing out this apologist drivel. 

To me a shower implies more than one. You had one black player, as did we. Anybody thinking racism on hearing the word monkey used in this context shows themself to be racist. I call my cousins weans cheeky monkeys, does that make me racist? World has gone fcking mad 

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

To me a shower implies more than one. You had one black player, as did we. Anybody thinking racism on hearing the word monkey used in this context shows themself to be racist. I call my cousins weans cheeky monkeys, does that make me racist? World has gone fcking mad 

If you think that someone needs to have a logically consistent reason to make a racist remark then you're either a fuckwit or an apologist. Given your previous form on other threads I'd put you in the former camp, but you're sure digging a fucking enormous hole for yourself. 

I don’t think someone who would spout racist nonsense, would really be someone who thinks all that logically tbh and simply saying “well actually a shower would imply it’s more than one person” is nonsense and you can f**k off if you think it’s a valid excuse.

Find the guy and ban him.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You guys will have to organise a different ko time from The Rangers for your crowds to increase.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

There's a full card of championship fixtures that night, f**k knows why