The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not much has changed since Hopkin was hired other than Barry Ferguson, Billy Dossd and Paul Sheerin have been hired from the previous reported applicants.

Asking for CVs again is a bit of a waste of time. Unless there is someone kicking their heels, coaching at an English club wanting to come back to Scotland, it’ll be Duffy or someone that has applied before. 

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Where did you read that? Was it on this thread three pages ago when I said it? 😀

I claimed your stat on Twitter and posted it on the Pie and Bovril account - I did say it was someone else's stat and didn't know you to tag in it.  It's an absolute beauty of a stat so had to get it out there 🤣

34 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I claimed your stat on Twitter and posted it on the Pie and Bovril account - I did say it was someone else's stat and didn't know you to tag in it.  It's an absolute beauty of a stat so had to get it out there 🤣

It was on that tweet i seen it 🤣

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

As I said, I’d have preferred if a failed coaching team to have left as one.

Just to go back to this - there's a long and storied history in football of the assistant or back-room staff (or the fucking tea boy) coming in and making good of it.

Having not exactly been ecstatic for Duffy to be brought in, that he was the insurance policy was crystal clear. It'd have made no sense to empty him too. That's obviously ignoring that Hopkin's previous success was as a stalking horse for his assistant anyway.

[edit] Also, he might not be the Irish Messi, but he is the Irish Forrest. And sorely needed.

Edited by Thumper

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Just to go back to this - there's a long and storied history in football of the assistant or back-room staff (or the fucking tea boy) coming in and making good of it.

Having watched Morten's season of glory in the utmost of delight and hence having certainly not been ecstatic for Duffy to be appointed, that he was the insurance policy was crystal clear. It'd have made no sense to empty him too. That's obviously ignoring that Hopkin's previous success was as a stalking horse for his assistant anyway.

I have no massive gripe with Duffy being appointed. There is the potential for something grubby going on in the background though.

Either his coaching staff were complicit. Doing as they were told, knowing it wasn’t working and secretly hoping it would fail, or just keeping quiet because either way, they got paid. If things got so bad, they would shaft him and stay at the club.

Or, they spent months trying and failing to show Hopkin what was apparent to everyone but him, that he was making a colossal James Hunt of everything. But he was too stubborn to see it. While being forced, North Korean style, to declare love and adoration for the deal leader.

At the end of the day, if Duffy does a job then the majority of fans, me included don’t give a f**k. I have no sympathy for Hopkin.
Had McCardle hung about after Kerr was sacked, snaking about telling Smith that he had great ideas and Kerr ignored him, he should be made manager, the majority of fans would have been against it. 
McCall was all about ego, if the team succeeds then he looks good. It works well.

if Duffy has done the dirty on Hopkin (I’m not ITK) to get a full time gig and kick start his career and it works for both parties……..

image.gif.9b25ec83835e5b548065917c6d1e999d.gif

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is the potential for something grubby going on in the background though.

Action was taken because Hopkin was getting whole-hearted open abuse in front of a dismal home loss. Regardless of whether there was backroom restlessness or not, you'd be hard-pressed to find an easier option than to get rid; the only anomaly was that it was in the first half of September, but that's an indication of just how royally he'd fucked it.

If Duffy was secretly working against him and schooling the players in such dastardly plays as "run with the ball" or "care even slightly about the result" then that only improves my opinion of Duffy.

8 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Any1 know if you buy tickets for Hamilton away on sat online or do you turn up and use cash like you should ? 

We were informed on Friday they now have an online system to purchase tickets and the link should be made live today by them 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m listening to it now. 
about 10 minutes in. Worryingly he thought Hopkin wasn’t far away. Likes Duffy.

Asked about Hughes, loves Hughes, was one of his hero’s. Not ruling anything out at the moment. 

Worth a listen, Spiers got more out of him than BNWTV would. 
Didn’t commit to much but was fairly open. 
Wants a new manager to be involved in the community which was missing from Hopkin. Harness the academy.

Has focus on training facilities, Plans underway for “enhanced hospitality offering and fan experience” with the land at the north terrace. 

His comments on Hopkin and around the fans might annoy some folk but he’s maybe just playing politics. 
£1.99 to listen. 

6 minutes ago, RetroMan said:

AYR FANS 

we have re produced the classic AYR UNITED (1987 HOME SHIRT)

Link to buy —

https://retroshirts.co/products/ols/products/ayr-united-1987-home-shirt

15F6164C-4D2F-4431-A781-A76235E83084.webp 49.36 kB · 3 downloads

Hinting to my wife right this very second! It was the year I was born but it’s very smart