The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Joyce and Timmons have worked with him before, Duffy hasn't so none of the others should be surprised if Hopkin is a stubborn individual that likes to fail while playing brutal football. He signed several players that played for him before and said he was a great guy to play for. 
All of a sudden he leaves and all these people are supposed to have been suffering Stockholm syndrome or tried their best to convince him but he just wouldn't listen?

It’s not as extreme as that. They’ve been brought in to work under Hopkin. They aren’t going to challenge him on everything and will most likely just get on with it.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Joyce and Timmons have worked with him before, Duffy hasn't so none of the others should be surprised if Hopkin is a stubborn individual that likes to fail while playing brutal football. He signed several players that played for him before and said he was a great guy to play for. 

All of a sudden he leaves and all these people are supposed to have been suffering Stockholm syndrome or tried their best to convince him but he just wouldn't listen?

They did all look like hostages when signing 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I have that feeling as well. Didn't think much of him when he was appointed manager and probably less now he's left. Change nothing on the pitch = Get nothing on the pitch. Piss tactics = piss results. Blootering the ball up the pitch from the back and crossing your fingers somebody gets it, doesn't cut it at this level.

The game yesterday was a *Dramatic* change from that drivel.

Now I'm not calling for Duffy to be appointed but I do see him as an option if results like this continue. Yesterday, Ayr United played Football for the first time since Hopkin was appointed. O'Connor is a breath of fresh air! A goal in literally a couple of minutes? Moff having a wee shot towards the end?

That's the excitement we badly needed back at Somerset! 

Dunfermline weren't the best but they were playing a team who have now found they're feet. Add a midfielder and I can see Ayr doing well 😊

Yes, the day-after comment I have is we still need to bolster midfield. We were caught out in there a few times and a better team than Dunfermline would have punished us. But a risky six-change team and a massive change in playing style suggests Duffy may be here for longer than we'd otherwise expect ofa member of a failed backroom staff - but I'll give the guy credit because making that number of changes took a fair amount of guts - put it this way, if it hadn't worked there'd have been a few of the usual suspects on here giving him the GTF message. 

The truth is that at the moment none of us really know what has gone on, it's just conjecture.
Duffy and the team have probably bought themselves some grace with that win yesterday and we know that Smith and the board plan to take their time finding candidates based on what the statement said, which could of course include Duffy if he works himself into a position to turn it down.

It's Duffy's. It's still Duffy's. Yesterday showed that even if Duffy is not inclined to total football he is at least capable of telling what way the wind is blowing. That doesn't mean that Duffy is the future. but it does mean that the job is his until he decides otherwise, or receives the same sort of treatment that that idiot got on Tuesday.

Again, believing that the board is quietly looking for successors when absolutely no indications of that have been made from any party is the act of a simpleton. Not that there aren't plenty of simpletons, but their continued blethering should be treated as confirmation of such.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's Duffy's. It's still Duffy's. Yesterday showed that even if Duffy is not inclined to total football he is at least capable of telling what way the wind is blowing. That doesn't mean that Duffy is the future. but it does mean that the job is his until he decides otherwise, or receives the same sort of treatment that that idiot got on Tuesday.

Again, believing that the board is quietly looking for successors when absolutely no indications of that have been made from any party is the act of a simpleton. Not that there aren't plenty of simpletons, but their continued blethering should be treated as confirmation of such.

Hopkin only left on Thursday FFS.  Losing your manager after 4 games certainly wasn’t part of the plan for this season - isn’t it just possible that the board need a bit of breathing space to regroup and figure out where they want to go now?  

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Joyce and Timmons have worked with him before, Duffy hasn't so none of the others should be surprised if Hopkin is a stubborn individual that likes to fail while playing brutal football. He signed several players that played for him before and said he was a great guy to play for

That was propoganda, there's no way in hell every player that had played with him before all had the same thoughts and needed to put it out there, they may think it but it was absolutely club propoganda. 

Blethering simpleton found.

36 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That was propoganda, there's no way in hell every player that had played with him before all had the same thoughts and needed to put it out there, they may think it but it was absolutely club propoganda. 

And we are sure that them now absolving themselves of any blame in Hopkins term isn’t ? 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Sometimes you need to look at the big picture , Timmons has gone everywhere with him ( possibly a yes man ) someone Hopkin just felt confident by his side Joyce and Duffy both come aboard and within a matter of over a month or 2 Hopkin leaves!!! Maybe he did not like the challenge or advice 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

And we are sure that them now absolving themselves of any blame in Hopkins term isn’t ? 

It's notable that suddenly the 'unlucky' Hopkin who could do no wrong is now some kind of football dictator.  

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Sometimes you need to look at the big picture , Timmons has gone everywhere with him ( possibly a yes man ) someone Hopkin just felt confident by his side Joyce and Duffy both come aboard and within a matter of over a month or 2 Hopkin leaves!!! Maybe he did not like the challenge or advice 

Or maybe it was getting scudded in almost every game and getting hounded on Tuesday that did it 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Or maybe it was getting scudded in almost every game and getting hounded on Tuesday that did it 

A combination of both more likely, 5 choruses of GTF and 2 of getting sacked in the morning really broke his resilience, thankfully it’s come early enough for us to turn it around 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

A combination of both more likely, 5 choruses of GTF and 2 of getting sacked in the morning really broke his resilience, thankfully it’s come early enough for us to turn it around 

As I said, I’d have preferred if a failed coaching team to have left as one. They didn’t and that’s fine, there is no obligation to keep them on and a change can happen if it doesn’t work in the short to medium term. 

1 hour ago, Jazzar said:

Yes, the day-after comment I have is we still need to bolster midfield. We were caught out in there a few times and a better team than Dunfermline would have punished us.

Mind you though, this was a team that played without Aero and did well. I'm not saying he's the answer but he's done well in midfield the few times I've seen him. Saying that though, I'd rather he was at the back beside Baird and McGinty sent to the top of Mount Everest, in his full kit, to get some ice cream, not to return till he has the goods.

Another Midfielder won't hurt 😁

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As I said, I’d have preferred if a failed coaching team to have left as one. They didn’t and that’s fine, there is no obligation to keep them on and a change can happen if it doesn’t work in the short to medium term. 

Should have quoted Diego for the above post.