The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Can’t understand why McAdams has been dropped. 

Without knowing the reason, my guess is he maybe took Hopkin leaving badly. Basing this on Fjortoft in the paper having a bit of a go backing him and was on the bench today. 

Not perfect but 100% better and what a difference when you play football instead of hoofball.

Adeloye was outstanding composure for his 2nd brilliant.

O'Connor and Redding could be a brilliant partnership up the left hand side.

Murdoch back to his very best.

Salkeld did the simple things well and ran himself into the ground.

Was a wee bit disappointed in McAlister but was he already carrying a knock.

Can some one explain why Albiston always takes an age to take a goal kick he's going get booked every game for time wasting.

Overall very happy wit that.

Murdoch has been back to his best since the start of the season, though maybe it wasn’t obvious due to the hoofball tactics.  Actually playing through the midfield felt like a revelation, as was a bit of natural width and some support for Adeloye.  Dunfermline are pretty horrific though, so I guess we take it one step at a time.

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Dunfermline are pretty horrific though, so I guess we take it one step at a time.

Absolutely this. It's a brilliant result considering our league position and terrible start to the season but the result has got to be taken in context of where Dunfermline are currently as well. 

Most definitely a step in the right direction but bigger challenges coming up for sure. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Today was much more like it. Can’t get carried away as Dunfermline were absolutely awful at times although in fairness there were periods where they had us penned in and we had to defend well.

I see no real reason to change things from that besides bringing Muirhead back as we still look quite fragile in defence. Moffat starting games would be nice as well.

Thought we were a threat for the first time in this league - Adeloye especially is going to keep a few defences busy. Not totally convinced that having Bradley and Maxwell playing gives us enough cover when the opposition win the ball - a couple of times today we lost it in midfield and a better team than the (current) Pars would have exploited it. Great goals by Tomi and Cammy to go 2-nil - what a difference that felt like after the RR debacle. Baird and McGinty seemed solid enough and Albinson is a very good keeper. Hoping McAllister isn't out for a while again and best of all for me was seeing The Moff back causing havoc a couple of times and could have scored during his late cameo. Onwards, Ayr and bring on the young **** on Tuesday    

6 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Thought we were a threat for the first time in this league - Adeloye especially is going to keep a few defences busy. Not totally convinced that having Bradley and Maxwell playing gives us enough cover when the opposition win the ball - a couple of times today we lost it in midfield and a better team than the (current) Pars would have exploited it. Great goals by Tomi and Cammy to go 2-nil - what a difference that felt like after the RR debacle. Baird and McGinty seemed solid enough and Albinson is a very good keeper. Hoping McAllister isn't out for a while again and best of all for me was seeing The Moff back causing havoc a couple of times and could have scored during his late cameo. Onwards, Ayr and bring on the young **** on Tuesday    

Yeah, we glaringly still need a CM - our midfield was very attack minded, which is obviously nice to see compared to normal. 

That performance was never happening under Hopkin.

we defended less compact, used width and scored 2 goals from passing play and crosses in to the box.

we were struggling in midfield and Dunfermline dominated spells in the middle of the park and created a few chances, but never looked like taking any of them.

Against a different team it might not have been as comfortable but it was night and day from Tuesday. The players looked more relaxed which, considering they have played one way all season, they could be forgiven if they were cautious and uptight.

Bradley and O’Conner were ok in spells, neither looked like they were willing to beat a man but took up good positions and were involved in all the goals. 
MOM was Adeloye, the big man was outstanding, drifted out of things late on but put in some shift.

ironically. Dorrans is exactly what we need in midfield. Dictated the game for Dunfermline, fortunately the rest were poor. 

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Today was much more like it. Can’t get carried away as Dunfermline were absolutely awful at times although in fairness there were periods where they had us penned in and we had to defend well.

I see no real reason to change things from that besides bringing Muirhead back as we still look quite fragile in defence. Moffat starting games would be nice as well.

Get your point but who would you drop for Moffat 

I thought Dunfermline resembled us over the past few weeks and played almost identically and with pretty much the same results and by God they've got problems.

As for us , it was great to see a shape and players actually playing in positions as opposed to milling around like lost sheep. It actually reminded me of a bygone era as we played with wingers and got lots of crosses and midfielders running into the box.

O'Connor was a breath of fresh air as apart from working hard he gave the crowd a spark every time he got on the ball and caused major fear in their defence, it also created space for Reading who was outstanding today and put over some really cracking crosses. Adeloye was superb and as I said weeks ago, give this guy service and he'll score you goals and today he did just that. Salkeld put in a great shift and took his goal really well and the entire team just looked like a huge weight had been lifted off them as they played with much more freedom. Andy Murdoch was also excellent today and looked right back to his best, so all in all it was a very enjoyable day as could be seen by the crowd staying back cheering the players off for about 5 mins after the whistle.

Ok, some will say that we were playing a poor side today and others will point to what "could" have happened had Dunfermline taken one of a couple of 1st half chances, however for me it was a major step forward, a great team performance, some great goals, lots of chances created and a thoroughly enjoyable game and that's something I've been unable to say for quite a while......