The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Woke up thinking of places the away team could change in (yes I’m sad). Think the shop isn’t a good idea in principle but getting from the pitch to the shop and back, would mean probably encountering fans and cars. The gym area is better in the sense that it’s in the ground already and would work when there’s is no fans in the railway end. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Compared to what? Compared to a bus, maybe. But like I say buses enforce the 2m rule too so in theory they shouldnt get it on there.

I dont see how it could possibly reduce the risk compared to individual car travel, which is what is advised.

Yes, sorry, to be clear I was comparing against bus travel. I was not aware that the advice to football clubs was explicitly for for individual car travel to matches and training.

There are various studies that question the effectiveness of even 2m within an enclosed space like a bus - see this paper for (many) references: What is the evidence to support the 2-metre social distancing rule to reduce COVID-19 transmission? - The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (cebm.net).

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hope we go 442 with Moff and Adeloye upfront and O'Connor on the wing

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm also hope Murdoch is able to play. McGinty dropped as well. If anything, I just hope there is some football as opposed to Hoofball.

The CEBM do a lot of useful work. They’ve tried to bring a bit of objectivity to an area dominated by hysteria and ideology.  Early in the pandemic, the guy that runs it, Carl Heneghan, was persona non grata with left leaning media outlets for his anti-lockdown stance. Now he’ll be demonised by right leaning media no doubt.

That’s how ideologically polarised the debate has become. Why should  this be, in an area where “the science” should be king ? Possibly because the science is fiendishly complicated and anyone can cherry pick bits that suit their political leanings. Who knows.

Good to see:

. Andy Murdoch looking back to his best, both defensively and on the ball.

.Get players in support of Tomi and he’ll score goals. 
. Actual attacking players on the pitch looking to get at people. 
.Salkeld was a mixed bag, but was very effective at times. 

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Missed the game today and never watched the stream how was the performance? Was it just Dunfermline are shit or were we much improved? 

We were definitely better, although we still look poor at the back. If Dunfermline could actually score we may have been in trouble, especially first half. Played some decent stuff at points but still a bit disjointed. Thought Tomi was very good and Murdoch was as good as I've seen him for a while. The new loanee from Hibs looks a player also.

Good to see:
. Andy Murdoch looking back to his best, both defensively and on the ball.
.Get players in support of Tomi and he’ll score goals. 
. Actual attacking players on the pitch looking to get at people. 
.Salkeld was a mixed bag, but was very effective at times. 
Absolutely agree on Murdoch. He'll be a key player for us and had a great game. For all the pelters Salkeld gets, I thought his movement was excellent - kept appearing in all the right places, and first half in particular was very dangerous. Young Bradley also looked decent and the assist was a reward for a ton of hard work.