The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You seem to be hinting that it’s going to be Darren Young. Presume you’ve heard that’s who we’re after. 

No idea whatsoever who is being considered, I can’t see anyone being rumoured until board  members get together at the weekend 

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is there anyone currently managing that is an obvious choice? Darren Young would’ve been an obvious choice a couple of years ago but his stock has taken a dive since then. Stewart Petrie is the outstanding candidate but he won’t come to us.

You’re then left with Danny Lennon, Peter Murphy, Ian Murray (Airdrie aren’t exactly flying high) or Paul Hartley as the other under contract managers who could perhaps do a job.

Exactly what I am saying , off top of my head I can’t think of an obvious choice 

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because Darren Young is the only manager currently in a job? 🙄

You should have appointed Jim McIntyre last time. If he'll still take it you should go back cap in hand now.

Guys been out of work for how long ? Must be a reason why no club has taken him 

Edited by Finlay21

It really is McCann or Yogi that are realistic from the pool up here. Rice, Canning, Mcintyre et al can get in the bin. I doubt we'd pay compo if we could avoid it. 

Or we give that footballer turned boxer a go. If this is going to be our banter years he would certainly bring the banter. 🤣

ETA - Who suggested 🐍 Mckinnon. He can get catapulted into the sea. 

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It really is McCann or Yogi that are realistic from the pool up here. Rice, Canning, Mcintyre et al can get in the bin. I doubt we'd pay compo if we could avoid it. 

Or we give that footballer turned boxer a go. If this is going to be our banter years he would certainly bring the banter. 🤣

ETA - Who suggested 🐍 Mckinnon. He can get catapulted into the sea. 

Boxer turned football manager you mean?! 

at least the dodgy decisions against us would stop! 

honestly if it were me I’d ask how much it’d take for Petrie to join and pay it. Look at what he’s doing with Montrose 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

honestly if it were me I’d ask how much it’d take for Petrie to join and pay it. Look at what he’s doing with Montrose 

I'm not convinced that's an option. If it were, Petrie would have been snapped up by now. Given he's the best part time manager in the country bar Campbell.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Who with any quality is available now ? I really am struggling to think of anyone , McCann is the best of a bad bunch , might need to look at paying compensation for someone already in a job 

What about someone who got Falkirk promoted to the Premier,, took hibs to Europe and won the Scottish Cup with Inverness. Who was also club captain ad lead the team out at its only cup final?

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

What about John Robertson? I know he left Inverness due to family issues. Is he looking to get back to management? I’ve not heard anything about him since he left Inverness last year

He's Director of Football (or some equivalent) at Caley.

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

What about someone who got Falkirk promoted to the Premier,, took hibs to Europe and won the Scottish Cup with Inverness. Who was also club captain ad lead the team out at its only cup final?

Nah mate, he's crap because of an admittedly horrific 15 game spell at Raith. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Trogdor

11 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yogi doesn't take shite. Also doesn't come up with excuses where it's everyone else's fault but his. Was a good leader on the field for Ayr. This Ayr team has two decent keepers , so he has no need to sign Ryan Stevenson.

Yogi has my vote 👍

Are you fucking high?

48 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Boxer turned football manager you mean?! 

at least the dodgy decisions against us would stop! 

Paul Lovering is going a good job at Benburb.   Rubbers was an ex Ayr player as well..