The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, standman said:

You’d think so but in football even when guys quit sometimes they still get a pay off, crazy as that may seem

Some of these football managers but have really good employment lawyers mate if that’s the case.  Pretty shocking if they are entitled to compo from resigning unless it’s perhaps related to a confidentiality agreement or something 

17 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
A43B1464-4373-4580-95F9-CE9FE0175E01.jpeg.78a36652b4f6a842a4e1eec4c401b583.jpeg

He's a D**k but you can't fault the job he did at Cally last year

Only improved when dodds appeared tbh

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was going to say, credit to the guy for stepping down but it looks like he’s walked while being heavily pushed.

Kerr tried to do a good job and failed, everyone could see the effort he put in and he went with best wishes. 

I can not see any of they with Hopkin, stubborn and completely unaware, no improvement from day one. No engagement with fans and his biggest failing of all - after 18 months of not being at football, within 2 games he made me hate going to Somerset.

If any club in full time football hires this man again then they have not been paying attention. 

if I was Smith, I’d phone John Hughes and Neil McCann today and sound them out. If neither want it or we can’t afford them, then advertise it. 

Yup agree with this.

Re: Yogi - I was always well against it when folk used to tout him before, but that was back when McCall was still in the job and the calls were for him to go.  Now? 

I'd be delighted with him.  Obviously no guarantee at all of any success but the list of options will be just as depressing as they were 7 months ago.  At least he would be (you'd imagine) a popular one with the fans, ex player, bit of charisma and plays a decent style of football.  

Considering the 2 years we have had since McCall left with Kerrs appointment, covid shutdown then Hopkin, I'd be happy just to feel a bit of a buzz about the place again! 

Only thing more amusing than signing a lot of Morton dross who wanted to play for Hopkin again is them signing and then him being gone by early September. 
McGinty and Salkeld will be away in the new year IMO, McAdams is on a two year deal and is generally decent Fjortoft I'm still on the fence about.

On the Morton boys:

McAdams- Very good keeper. Hopefully he wants to remain 

Fjortoft- He’s very meh. 

McGinty- Fire him into the sea

Salkeld- He does try his hardest he just isn’t very good.  Any abuse towards him is unfair. 

Hopkin walking probably suits both parties. in that he gets his pay off and the board get their way. You can't get every decision correct but if the baord did lean on him then i am impressed with their swift action. Whilst i felt his time was up i had been expecting this to rumble on for a while before any move was made.  Guessing Duffy will probably step up for a period of time and that may well improve things if he avoids the same unorthodox views as Hopkin 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hughes and McCann are passionate and enthusiastic and I think that’s what we need right now 

Yogi doesn't take shite. Also doesn't come up with excuses where it's everyone else's fault but his. Was a good leader on the field for Ayr. This Ayr team has two decent keepers , so he has no need to sign Ryan Stevenson.

Yogi has my vote 👍

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yogi doesn't take shite. Also doesn't come up with excuses where it's everyone else's fault but his. Was a good leader on the field for Ayr. This Ayr team has two decent keepers , so he has no need to sign Ryan Stevenson.

Yogi has my vote 👍

:lol: