The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I reckon it would be around £175k-£200k  to get rid of management team , unless we kept on Duffy as manager and 1 of the other 2 as his assistant , 4 guys all on full time contracts and will be on decent salaries 

Therein lies the answer why Hopkin wasn’t bulleted this morning.  What a mess.

Just now, HMIP said:

Therein lies the answer why Hopkin wasn’t bulleted this morning.  What a mess.

I don’t think the money element would stop the board getting rid of manager if they thought he was hampering their target for this season , £175k could be a drop in the ocean compared to what they would lose on ticket sales  and prize money , i think manager must know his job could become unattainable  

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d hope any new manager coming in would look at the squad and come up with a plan to use McAdams, Reading, McAllister, Muirhead, Murdoch, Maxwell, O’Connor and Moffat. That’s 8 players right there that should be playing every week. If Smith acts fast I think this season could be saved but as it stands we’re going down.

Adeloye has been as good as he possibly could given the service he's had and looks like he would be top notch in this league if given half a chance with support. As it stands, I still think he's been one of our best players.

Adeloye has been as good as he possibly could given the service he's had and looks like he would be top notch in this league if given half a chance with support. As it stands, I still think he's been one of our best players.

I don’t think he’s all that tbh. I can’t think of another team in this league where he’d be the first choice striker.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Don’t see it.  Would like to see Moffat in behind him and an end to hoofball before deciding for sure.  His attitude and work rate catch the eye, but not sure much else does.

51 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t think the money element would stop the board getting rid of manager if they thought he was hampering their target for this season , £175k could be a drop in the ocean compared to what they would lose on ticket sales  and prize money , i think manager must know his job could become unattainable  

I thought that most coaches would be on a rolling month to month contract in Scotland, like when we have coaches in to help out. 
I knew the manager and assistant would be on full time contracts.

Most companies have a 13 week cooling off period after you join. 

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he’s all that tbh. I can’t think of another team in this league where he’d be the first choice striker.

Put it this way, I'd have him over Todorov any day of the week.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The Cove Directors and Team were all staying in our Chester Hotel when we were down playing Wrexham last year and we had a few beers with them in the bar, it appeared that many of them were actually Aberdeen fans and former backers / sponsors who were now putting a bit of their cash into Cove. If that was right then it seems a pretty decent business model as opposed to a plaything of one bloke looking for a year or two of thrills and publicity. They seemed a good bunch anyway although we were already blotto by that point as you may imagine.

Must admit, we all thoroughly enjoyed our "European" match, despite being punted out !!

I like hearing things like that 😊 Cove seem to be doing well. Proper plans and decent management. Polar opposite of Ayr at the minute.

I was at Cumbrae with my son on the day Ayr played Wrexham. He wanted to go on a boat but not for too long 😂

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I reckon it would be around £175k-£200k  to get rid of management team , unless we kept on Duffy as manager and 1 of the other 2 as his assistant , 4 guys all on full time contracts and will be on decent salaries 

I guess we just need to find 200 of us willing to put in 1k each and it can be done. Not impossible. I'd do it.

Another way would be to punt him onto garden leave paying him monthly via the 500 club keep the rest till Xmas and see how it goes that would leave smith and the board to save up till Xmas if it doesn’t work with Duffy and the rest. I’d join the 500 club just for that and I’m sure there would be a lot more

14 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Another way would be to punt him onto garden leave paying him monthly via the 500 club keep the rest till Xmas and see how it goes that would leave smith and the board to save up till Xmas if it doesn’t work with Duffy and the rest. I’d join the 500 club just for that and I’m sure there would be a lot more

Aye, if we can't pay the compo in a lump he can be put on gardening leave. It was fucking naive of Smith to appoint him on a 2 year + contract in the first place.The guy isn't up to it, I really question Smith's judgement. Especially when he gave it the whole I can't belive the calibre of applicants interested in the job. 

Aye, if we can't pay the compo in a lump he can be put on gardening leave. It was fucking naive of Smith to appoint him on a 2 year + contract in the first place.The guy isn't up to it, I really question Smith's judgement. Especially when he gave it the whole I can't belive the calibre of applicants interested in the job. 
Beging to think he couldn't believe how low the calibre of the applicants were for us to end up with Hopkin and his hoppyball.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Beging to think he couldn't believe how low the calibre of the applicants were for us to end up with Hopkin and his hoppyball.

Or he took the cheapest option. 🙄 

I’d be confident his assistant and Duffy would walk in principle, Duffy doesn’t need the money , failing that I had a feeling he was appointed I had an inkling this would pan out As plan B. There’s also the chance they will all walk, and I would put D White and his team In till Xmas you never know.