Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

Coercion of any kind is illegal regarding medical procedures . Set up after the war in the Nuremberg Code . Just saying . I’ll let you all get back to klicking your jack boot heels . Ta ta .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/09/2021 at 10:50, Richey Edwards said:

Your fans sing Rangers songs.

Your board were celebrating getting relegated.

Joke club.

Joke club, chuckle, chuckle. Can’t wait to sample your toilets with my new pish proof waders. How’s the half and half *** scarves doing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Joke club, chuckle, chuckle. Can’t wait to sample your toilets with my new pish proof waders. How’s the half and half *** scarves doing?

I'd rather have bad toilets than have fans who sing Rangers songs and a board who think getting relegated is amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

What exactly is missing from the advert ? Look at most job adverts  and it states the same things , job role , responsibilities and salary ( majority of companies state salary negotiable)  depending on experience, the job is not a football related job , it is a commercial manager which is more sales related  generating income than football , it just happens to be at a football club 

I thought the advert was fine - it's concise at least and covers the key responsibilities. It could perhaps have done a bit more to outline the overall vision and expected trajectory that the board has for the club though - a job advert is about sparking interest in people who may or may not be aware of what is happening at an organisation.

You are right that a great candidate for the role may actually be ambivalent about football - and certainly may not support Ayr United!

I hope they manage to find someone who is stronger on leveraging and driving the digital channel. I don't know the previous incumbent but I think it's fair to assume that aspect wasn't his strength.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They can't be penalised though, you can't force people to have a vaccination. You also can't exclude them for choosing not to be vaccinated.

There's no definition of "can't" here which holds water.

Look, there is absolutely no excuse here. They're full-time, on good wages. Everyone else in the country has had to turn their houses into offices, or else struggle to pay bills on precarious furlough rules. Footballers should have been first in line to get vaccinated.

It's telling that most of the teams having difficulties are the ones at the bottom end of the table. I suppose if you can't be fucked listening to what you were told to do on Saturday that's going to apply to the rest of the week as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There's no definition of "can't" here which holds water.

Look, there is absolutely no excuse here. They're full-time, on good wages. Everyone else in the country has had to turn their houses into offices, or else struggle to pay bills on precarious furlough rules. Footballers should have been first in line to get vaccinated.

It's telling that most of the teams having difficulties are the ones at the bottom end of the table. I suppose if you can't be fucked listening to what you were told to do on Saturday that's going to apply to the rest of the week as well.

Yep. The rules were also bent and pushed to the limits to allow them back playing again when much of society was closed down. Bit of give and take required

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whether our players decide to get vaccinated or not, it really could not be any less of our business. 
Got to agree with that, I'm pro Vax followed every rule will do the Vax passport if need be, but it should not be forced on folk if they don't want to do it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

I hope they manage to find someone who is stronger on leveraging and driving the digital channel. I don't know the previous incumbent but I think it's fair to assume that aspect wasn't his strength.

To be fair to the previous incumbent, my impression is that responsibility for the whole "online presence"-thing at the club has been shuffled around between different directors and employees for years. I have quite a lot of sympathy with the club on this despite having been repeatedly frustrated over the years. Did any of it (beyond the club shop) actually generate income vs. "a nice thing to have but..."

Lockdown etc. obviously changed the potential for income and we have been found wanting. A new broom would be welcome and if it sweeps me away there will be no hard feelings on my part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

Lockdown etc. obviously changed the potential for income and we have been found wanting. A new broom would be welcome and if it sweeps me away there will be no hard feelings on my part.

A few of us on here will have hard feelings if you were swept away.

Your highlights packages over the years have been top notch. I'd be happier if you were brought into the club as I'm sure you'd deliver a quality product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Why exactly? It's 2021 and we're supposed to be a full time professional club, I'm genuinely interested.

As @wuffster said, it doesn't directly generate the club any money. In fairness, there are all sorts of enterprises which have been praised for their communications skills and have ended up folding.

I still categorically disagree with this. Winning matches engages punters to turn up to the next game, but so does a good media strategy. And the latter can be easier than the former. McCall didn't seem to exactly bust a gut with it but did put in more effort than has happened at Ayr before. Hopkin has put in zero effort and the football is pish too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...