The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

What happened too g Miller. 

46 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Who would want to work there in the current environment? 

Let's be honest about it, it seems to be a sinking ship. 

the environment in the non playing side of the club is a pleasure to work in with lots of things happening off the field bringing in greatly needed funds to boost the club’s financial future ,and the right person for the job will revel in the support given to continue the commercial growth of the club , the playing side of the club might not be firing on all cylinders currently, but the commercial side is making good progress but still a lot more can be done to enhance this 

Edited by Finlay21

47 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I see that one of the roles is to co-ordinate black and white TV.

Just bin it and put the highlights on YouTube and that'll be a good start. 

Aye, I'm with you. This strikes me as a distraction for the Commercial Manager who should be focusing on getting in more commercial income. B&W TV in its current form is not a vehicle to drive income. The website needs totally revamped with a video player that actually works. As for the content and quality thereof you need someone working on it properly tbh.

No reason to suppose the guy did anything other than a good job for the club.  Good luck to him.  I know we’re a bit fed up with where we are on the park (with good reason), but some of the whinging now is verging on some kind of performative art form.

He took over at a transitional period when the shop came back under the clubs control. Up until this year, kit launches were early and he continued Ronnies tradition of having kits on sale before the summer holidays. 
I remember the days where the club got about 100 kits in some time in November and that was it. The club shop had some pens, a pennant and an extra small boys top in it. 
hard to say how well he’s done in recent times or if things like the social media and Black and white TV were in his remit or if they are being added to the new person.

is love the job but I have no background in sales or media or commercial enterprise and I don’t think giving it to someone without that background would help. 

Aye, I'm with you. This strikes me as a distraction for the Commercial Manager who should be focusing on getting in more commercial income. B&W TV in its current form is not a vehicle to drive income. The website needs totally revamped with a video player that actually works. As for the content and quality thereof you need someone working on it properly tbh.
It's too big a job for the size of club we have, certainly if your intent is to charge for it. Like you say we can barely keep up the website functionality.

I don't know the guy but we did bring the club shop and the hospitality back in house under his stewardship as Diego said. This was the right decision and we must be making more out of both than we did before.

I wish him well in whatever his next step entails.

For the record- I have no interest in the role. My expertise lies elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It would be peak Hopkin if he said at the start of August we needed to strengthen the midfield and we go in to September -2 midfield players and none in. 

It has been strengthened through increased air power.

The advert states that the club "has a lean management structure". The advert generally is a bit bland, predictable and lacking any semblance of positivity.

Like a lot of things at the club I suppose. 

Salary dependant on experience, that in itself is a bit of a cop out for me, because I doubt it actually will be. 

Does anybody know if the advert is out there on football related job sites or are we hoping our ideal candidate either knows of it through here or mistakenly navigates to it in error on that dreadful website?