The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:
Arguably the best news we've had in a few weeks. 

Yes and No, gives us time to get a midfielder in but also gives Hopkin more time and excuses (not that I think Smith would pull the trigger if we lose)

We were told there was a plan B and C for players coming in but it’s gone quiet on that front since then. 

2 hours ago, Iain said:

I seem to remember smug noises coming from the club back in preseason when everyone else had Covid problems. Not looking so smart now.

Cant blame club for players catching covid ! Everywhere is open now , players have family at schools , partners out working , Covid is still rife in society, players tested negative before leaving on Saturday , some then tested positive on Sunday and had travelled on one of the team buses to Inverness , that’s why game is in doubt , the protocol at ground is very strict 

Edited by Finlay21

Every club will have this issue at some point now that lockdown is ended.  The vaccines seem pretty ineffective at stopping you catching Covid but hopefully still seem to stop people from getting seriously ill.  The number of folk I know who have got infected after being double vaccinated is unreal.  

Just now, HMIP said:

Every club will have this issue at some point now that lockdown is ended.  The vaccines seem pretty ineffective at stopping you catching Covid but hopefully still seem to stop people from getting seriously ill.  The number of folk I know who have got infected after being double vaccinated is unreal.  

Same. Just goes to show how utterly ineffective vaccine passports would be to get into events/sports. Anyway does anyone know when they're likely to make the final decision about the game being played?

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Same. Just goes to show how utterly ineffective vaccine passports would be to get into events/sports. Anyway does anyone know when they're likely to make the final decision about the game being played?

I believe they need to test everyone again on Wednesday ( possibly Thursday) to be able to make a decision , is it not that you must test 72 hours before a game ( maybe Skyline Drifter could advise us ) 

31 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Heard Ayr knocked back 2 approaches over the past month from McCall wanting to swap or sign one of our players?

anyone hear anything it was rumour

No but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get Moffat, Not getting a game, potential match winner, worked with him before.....Maybe Particks version of signing Kris Doolan