The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Peter Murphy - if we were fishing exclusive in that lower league pond.

I wouldn’t be totally against this. Has had a mixed spell with them but it’s not exactly an easy job managing a club that size when he’ll have basically no money and be fishing around for scraps.

40 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

dong

I think if this team actually played tactics and had ball to feet passing on the ground, there would be a massive difference in results.

Adeloye is probably fed up receiving balls coming back into orbit after getting punted into oblivion from the back, imagine the play if he was getting through balls? Pisses me off that the Moff is nowhere to be seen on the team sheets, think he'd work miracles attacking with a player like Adeloye. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wouldn’t be totally against this. Has had a mixed spell with them but it’s not exactly an easy job managing a club that size when he’ll have basically no money and be fishing around for scraps.

Brian Reid? 

Peter Murphy has been unspectacular at Annan over the last 5 years, that could mean he’s trying to do something that the fans recognise but doesn’t have the resources at Annan to fully execute.

Or he is doing an average job but they are ok to watch

both situations would be an upgrade on the current offering at Ayr

I’m just assuming that everyone is going to be available and our management team do their job and recruit a central midfielder. When we don’t, it’ll be Muirhead on one and Baird in. 

McAdams 

Houston   Muirhead  Fjortroft   Reading 

New CM

McAllister   Murdoch       Maxwell 

Moffat          

Adeloye 

Either this, or put McAllister in at RB and play O’Connor but I imagine that will be far too adventurous. Moffat is miles in front of our other options up front so fucking play him, until you bring someone competent in. 

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Turns out Roxanne meant this as a target for the season.

Turns out you are hanging about Ayr threads at half 11 at night looking to get noticed.

I noticed you, you can go to bed now

knowing I think you are a tedious c**t 

Edited by diegomarahenry

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Turns out you are hanging about Ayr threads at half 11 at night looking to get noticed.

Saturday night too. Epic achievement. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

If he signed Kelly this week, it would maybe buy him a month or so good grace. 
if we still didn’t improve, doubt even signing Shankland could save him 

Sadly I feel I have more chance of winning the lottery and marrying Emma Willis, than us getting Kelly back. Hes made 2 sub appearances for Rangers in the last week. No way will they loan him to a club struggling at the bottom end of the championship. More than likely he will go on loan to some diddy Prem team like Livingston or St Mirren

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Its frightening how far we've fell since the Ian McCall days. Truly astounding. 3 games in and 8 points off of top place and playing a style of football that's painful to watch. 

Ultimately this is true. Mccall had us playing a pattern of football that was suited to us and got results most weeks. I would die for the passing play we had under him even if he did have his faults at times.

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Ultimately this is true. Mccall had us playing a pattern of football that was suited to us and got results most weeks. I would die for the passing play we had under him even if he did have his faults at times.

Yip he was far from perfect but at least you knew you'd get some entertainment on the pitch if nothing else. Guys like Shankland, Harvie bombing down the park. Now we're barely taking a shot at goal. I know Stewart got a lot of accolades for our style of play. This Hopkin and Duffy double act swiftly need to get the finger out

Said a couple of weeks ago that McCalls team from his last full season would have murdered Killie in the first league game. Hypothetical tears and snotters stuff, but I still feel like that.
The logical conclusion to this season right now is Killie relegating us at Somerset.

7 hours ago, diege said:

To think folk werent even happy with McCall in charge!

Can't please everyone

Give me it back anyday

To be fair, it wasn’t all sunshine with McCall.  The Gary Harkins relegation season was as bad as anything I’ve seen from an Ayr team.

I’m kind of hoping Hopkin will do the decent thing and resign.  

6 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Get Smith to feign a Morton.

"Hoppy we dinnae have any money, so we'll no be buying another 4 defenders and could you pay for the players lunches?"

That might get him to f**k off!

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I can only assume your reply to me was after 11.30 last night?

Can you let me know this magical window when it’s acceptable to post and when it’s not acceptable.

Other than that, gr8 points mate.

29 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I can only assume your reply to me was after 11.30 last night?

Can you let me know this magical window when it’s acceptable to post and when it’s not acceptable.

Other than that, gr8 points mate.

Between the hours of 8am and go f**k yourself

55 minutes ago, HMIP said:

To be fair, it wasn’t all sunshine with McCall.  The Gary Harkins relegation season was as bad as anything I’ve seen from an Ayr team.

There are shades of the Neil Watt era, a manager that got a surprise promotion, signed a load of former players and made a team worse. 

Watt had a good job out of football and realised football management wasn't for him. 

Hopkin has a good grounding to be a manager but his football philosophy might be suited more to part time teams where he has 2-3 seasons to get it right and signs big, fit players to bully opposition. Playing long ball football on Central park or Cliftonhill.  He could have 2-3 seasons at Ayr to get it right if it looked like he was making inroads to getting it right. 

He doesn't look like he's making progress.