The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, stevep56 said:

Just wondered of anyone saw the same game that Hopkin watched?

Never mind Hopkin, the B&W TV post match interviews are exactly how I imagine Pravda would have interviewed Stalin.

"So, Comrade Hopkin, your 5 year plan is really working well isn't it, the mark of a genius I should say"

"Yes, our wheat harvest is at record levels and our people could not be happier"

We have no attacking gameplan whatsoever. It’s lump it in the vague direction of Adeloye (who I thought did ok with what he had to work with today incidentally) and hope he can create something out of nothing. You’re never going to win games with that approach.

That’s the first time I’ve seen the infamous hoofball in the flesh and it’s every bit as eye-bleeding as feared!

8 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

I honestly don't remember all these chances where would should have scored and someone corrected me that it was Baird and not McGinty that hit the ball off Walsh.

McGinty, he had 90 degrees of an angle to hit the ball as hard as he could but chose to try and blast it at an angle behind him for a fucking laugh, right off Tom Walsh's chest and in. 

He could have put that ball anywhere in the world but didn't

13 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Just watched the interview with Hopkin following todays game.  Some very odd comments - we deserved to be 2-0 up at half time,  ICT could not get out their half in the first half.  The ball did not come off Walsh for ICT to score,  Sean hit the ball on to his own face and into our net and we could have scored 2 or 3 in the second half.

I honestly don't remember all these chances where would should have scored and someone corrected me that it was Baird and not McGinty that hit the ball off Walsh.

I thought it was McGinty at the time, regardless it was proper comedy slapstick defending. 

Personally, if I'm looking at the bigger picture and being brutally honest with myself, Hopkin is not the man for this job. I wanted Kerr to gtf but looking back, he at least had a vague idea of what he was doing. Ball on the ground and had some attacking intent. I think the fear of relegation gave us the fear of league one football, hence the appointment of Hopkin. 

I'm honestly sittingy here questioning who is a worse manager? Kerr or Hopkin?

Tbh, looking at the piss poor hoofball tactics and total abysmal win ratio, I think its time Hopkin disappeared. We, as Ayr United fans, shouldn't be relying on someone who signs absolute shite from a shite team that he previously managed, to watch the ball sail over every player on the park, week after week. No decent football, no decent tactics, not worth the viewing. 

IMO it is almost #Hopkintaef*ck time. 

If Raith hand out a proper spanking next week, and there's every chance they will. Then I think that will be the beginning of the end with the support. If he did go I really don't have any faith in the Chairman to appoint someone that would turn us around. He's as clueless as Hopkin, but at least he's got an excuse in being new in the job.

You either stick and hope that it clicks or twist and bring someone in to try and turn it around.

right now we don’t look a step further forward than the day Hopkin took over. Rather than just Baird causing panic we have Fjortoft and McGinty. Our midfield creates as little as it did and we are barely having a shot at goal never mind scoring.

the only plus side? There is plenty of effort, which there wasn’t to much of last season.

It might click, we might start to pick up points and get a run going, or we could keep up with the pack because they keep beating each other, take comfort in being round about Hamilton and Dunfermline and hope we get better and then realise it’s to late.

We are now 8 points off top after 3 games.

1 hour ago, stevep56 said:

Just watched the interview with Hopkin following todays game.  Some very odd comments - we deserved to be 2-0 up at half time,  ICT could not get out their half in the first half.  The ball did not come off Walsh for ICT to score,  Sean hit the ball on to his own face and into our net and we could have scored 2 or 3 in the second half.

It was a definite own goal by McGinty , announcer at game said Duko scored as he was the player who crossed the ball that McGinty deflected into goal , photographers down that end said it was Ayr’s #5 who had last touch 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Raith hand out a proper spanking next week, and there's every chance they will. Then I think that will be the beginning of the end with the support. If he did go I really don't have any faith in the Chairman to appoint someone that would turn us around. He's as clueless as Hopkin, but at least he's got an excuse in being new in the job.

As Zanatta nets his third and wheels away to celebrate in front of the Somerset road end, I don’t think even Hopkin would have faith in being in a job past Sunday 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You either stick and hope that it clicks or twist and bring someone in to try and turn it around.

right now we don’t look a step further forward than the day Hopkin took over. Rather than just Baird causing panic we have Fjortoft and McGinty. Our midfield creates as little as it did and we are barely having a shot at goal never mind scoring.

the only plus side? There is plenty of effort, which there wasn’t to much of last season.

It might click, we might start to pick up points and get a run going, or we could keep up with the pack because they keep beating each other, take comfort in being round about Hamilton and Dunfermline and hope we get better and then realise it’s to late.

We are now 8 points off top after 3 games.

Oddschecker have ayr at 100/1 to win league.

The longest price, which would imply that all bookies see ayr as favourites to finish last 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It was a definite own goal by McGinty , announcer at game said Duko scored as he was the player who crossed the ball that McGinty deflected into goal , photographers down that end said it was Ayr’s #5 who had last touch 

The Inverness stream showed it from 2 angles, it definitely came off Walsh