The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

From what Morton fans have said, once Hopkin starts to get results, he switches back to his original plan in a bid to show it works and it doesn't. 

I am beyond the midweek rollercoaster now, Hating the team at 5:45 on a Saturday, cooling off midweek and then looking forward to the game the following Saturday again, hoping that this week will be better. 

Apart from back to back wins in the league cup, we haven't had two good performances in a row for almost 20 games. I have lost the hope and it has been replaced with anger and disappointment that we have not improved beyond occasional spells and have had to suffer some of the worst football the club has ever seen.

The Dundee United game needs to be followed up with a better performance this week and then another against Raith the following Saturday. I don't hope things to get better, I expect them to get better. We are not a plucky part time team battling full time teams any more, or a newly promoted team finding its feet. I will remain hugely sceptical until I see continued progress. 

I am not expecting us to win every game but it has to be substantially better than the performances we have seen in the last 20 odd games. If we revert to type on Saturday and lose, It will be because of the manager and not a highland hoodoo. Alternatively, If the performance is good and we compete, It will be because of the manager. 

8 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

We got a draw the last time up there with one of the biggest bunch of wasters and sh!tebags in the clubs history. No reason why we can't take something from Saturday's game. 

It was a dead rubber for us and had our foot firmly off the gas and you were fighting to stay up and we still should've won.  Wasn't your equaliser pretty late on?

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It was a dead rubber for us and had our foot firmly off the gas and you were fighting to stay up and we still should've won.  Wasn't your equaliser pretty late on?

Equalised in 67 minutes. There was still plenty of time for us to make a right royal arse of it.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Equalised in 67 minutes. There was still plenty of time for us to make a right royal arse of it.

Indeed.  It was about 15 minutes after the final whistle had blown before i actually started to feel confident that we wouldn't still somehow make an arse of it 😂

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Indeed.  It was about 15 minutes after the final whistle had blown before i actually started to feel confident that we wouldn't still somehow make an arse of it 😂

Inverness players leave the ground post match and Hopkin steps out of his dug out:

AND NOW WE PLAY

Ask yourself this are Inverness better than last year ? Scarf will answer that one. Are we , most definitely, I think Hopkin did well to get the draw with the shower from last season, was I confident, no, I am confident we won’t get beaten on Saturday.

On paper they’ve probably improved. Lost Todorov obviously but have managed to bring in McKay who will likely piss this league if he stays fit and Duku should be an okay option as back up.

Broadfoot is probably their weak link but then again they managed to get rid of Brad McKay so that probably evens that out.

On paper we're stronger but I'd imagine we have a worse manager than last season (both Robbo and McCann I mean).  We're basically a Dunfermline-lite;  a stronger squad but a worse manager, not as bad as Dunfermline's.

Edit - 

Kirk Broadfoot is better than Brad McKay

Billy McKay is better than Nikolay Todorov

Michael Gardyne is better than James Keatings

Losing Dan Mackay was a blow but I reckon Roddy McGregor is just as good and plays in the same position.

Edited by TheScarf

26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On paper we're stronger but I'd imagine we have a worse manager than last season (both Robbo and McCann I mean).  We're basically a Dunfermline-lite;  a stronger squad but a worse manager, not as bad as Dunfermline's.

Edit - 

Kirk Broadfoot is better than Brad McKay

Billy McKay is better than Nikolay Todorov

Michael Gardyne is better than James Keatings

Losing Dan Mackay was a blow but I reckon Roddy McGregor is just as good and plays in the same position.

How is Tom Walsh getting on for you guys? Not injured yet?

I woke earlier from a dream where I met Shankland and he was still at Dundee U but not wanted.  I told him to come back to Ayr and he said he'd love to but he was to go on loan to...Dumbarton.  Not sure why but we were playing them next game and he scored. I surely cant be the only saddo who has dreams about football 🤣

Edited by Thereisalight..

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I woke earlier from a dream where I met Shankland and he was still at Dundee U but not wanted.  I told him to come back to Ayr and he said he'd love to but he was to go on loan to...Dumbarton.  Not sure why but we were playing them next game and he scored. I surely cant be the only saddle who has dreams about football 🤣

Only nightmares

34 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

How is Tom Walsh getting on for you guys? Not injured yet?

He's been ok.  He's never going to win anyone the league but he does get the ball in the box a lot.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I woke earlier from a dream where I met Shankland and he was still at Dundee U but not wanted.  I told him to come back to Ayr and he said he'd love to but he was to go on loan to...Dumbarton.  Not sure why but we were playing them next game and he scored. I surely cant be the only saddo who has dreams about football 🤣

I fell asleep with a nicotine patch on (which is known to cause weird dreams) back in 2009 and dreamt that we had moved to a new stadium that was built to be a replica of a Roman coliseum.

Ryan Stevenson scored the first ever goal in this new stadium btw.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I fell asleep with a nicotine patch on (which is known to cause weird dreams) back in 2009 and dreamt that we had moved to a new stadium that was built to be a replica of a Roman coliseum.

Ryan Stevenson scored the first ever goal in this new stadium btw.

There's a few I'd happily have seen fed to the Lions last season.......

22 hours ago, North British said:

Now with the Burnley thing on the back burner , it’ll be onto to plan B . A plan be that will have been put together some weeks ago . The obvious movement you would have thought would involve Livingston, given Hopkin’s history there . According to Atlas (I think) Livi are wiling to put Keagan Jacobs and Gavin Reilly out on loan , so surely that’s been looked at ? Maybe Hopkin doesn’t fancy them now . The other option might be a bit of horse trading down the leagues a bit . Isn’t one of our coaches supposed to be a lower league expert ? This would be a clever way to offload any dead weight we have .

Jacobs came off the bench at the weekend and looked a little shaky, but that'll be down to not playing for 17(?) months or so. Gavin Reilly, it looks like may be away to Falkirk on loan. Reilly's last 3 seasons at Championship level produced 10+ goals in each one I think, so he'd be historically reliable at this level but he is just back from a 20cm hamstring tear and we're sending him out to get him back up to speed. 

If you'd have turned down Reilly I'd be shocked but it may come down to money. Personally from what I've seen in 15-20 appearances, he doesn't look out of place as a Premiership striker, he's got the tools to be a success at Livi just through sheer running and pressuring defenders. 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Jacobs came off the bench at the weekend and looked a little shaky, but that'll be down to not playing for 17(?) months or so. Gavin Reilly, it looks like may be away to Falkirk on loan. Reilly's last 3 seasons at Championship level produced 10+ goals in each one I think, so he'd be historically reliable at this level but he is just back from a 20cm hamstring tear and we're sending him out to get him back up to speed. 

If you'd have turned down Reilly I'd be shocked but it may come down to money. Personally from what I've seen in 15-20 appearances, he doesn't look out of place as a Premiership striker, he's got the tools to be a success at Livi just through sheer running and pressuring defenders. 

I was hoping when I saw you were the last poster that you were bringing us some positive news!

Hopefully Hopkin’s precious connections pay off at some point, Reilly would have been a very good signing. Seems a bit strange going on loan to league one, rather than the championship!