The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

For me, the reasons people stop attending are a combination of a variety of factors, some that may actually be outwith their control. Work, family commitments, illness, financial hardship, unemployment and relocation all have a major impact. 

I think that people look for a reason to break the cycle, I won't go back while he is still the chairman or manager, while that player is at the club and 100% of the time they never go back. They just want an excuse. 

Hopkin won't drive me away from the club, when another poster told me to simply stop going rather than complain, I've been going through several owners and managers. 

I have decided that I don't want to have another Saturday wasted and pay for the privilege, It has been bad for months and Saturday was so bad that I have made the conscious decision, for the first time in 35 years that I am not going to watch it. 

Do I want Ayr to win ? yes. Would I be happy if they lost? No Would I be gutted if I didn't go and we won? No, I've seen us beat Dundee United before and it wouldn't be a cup shock if we did win.  Am I looking for people to join me in a boycott? No, I'll be back in 2 weeks time, it isn't a boycott. folk can do what they want. 

After Saturday I don't want to spend time and extra money watching something I haven't enjoyed, purely based on one guy. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think that people look for a reason to break the cycle, I won't go back while he is still the chairman or manager, while that player is at the club and 100% of the time they never go back. They just want an excuse. 

Hopkin won't drive me away from the club, when another poster told me to simply stop going rather than complain, I've been going through several owners and managers. 

I have decided that I don't want to have another Saturday wasted and pay for the privilege, It has been bad for months and Saturday was so bad that I have made the conscious decision, for the first time in 35 years that I am not going to watch it. 

Do I want Ayr to win ? yes. Would I be happy if they lost? No Would I be gutted if I didn't go and we won? No, I've seen us beat Dundee United before and it wouldn't be a cup shock if we did win.  Am I looking for people to join me in a boycott? No, I'll be back in 2 weeks time, it isn't a boycott. folk can do what they want. 

After Saturday I don't want to spend time and extra money watching something I haven't enjoyed, purely based on one guy. 

Fair play to you for your frank and total honesty mate. 

32 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So are we close to signing a midfielder or not @Finlay21?

I’m going to predict it won’t happen before the weekend. 

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

To be completely honest, I had a bit of season ticket buying regret on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, North British said:

Wow spin it how you like moosh but it’s one defeat in five games , centre forward with 3 goals in five games and in the last 16 of the LC .

If you think the season so far has been impressive then I have a big box of shiny tinsel that I will sell for for a mere £50,000.

Losing on penalties to Albion Rovers, beating a League Two team who weren't even in the league a decade ago, beating an Accies who will be absolutely nowhere near the title this season, being literally gifted three points and three goals which absolutely wouldn't have happened had the game gone ahead, being comprehensively put back in their box on national television and then utterly fluking a draw at home to the only part-timers is completely mediocre form. If McCall were still here people would be asking questions.

It's going to be October, when Ayr are out of all the cups and dossing around at the bottom of the league, and people will still be saying that a) the imminent Burnley loans of their two best U23s will change everything and b) surely Hopkin isn't going to use the General Haig strategy next game.

"Patronising p***k" seems fair enough for North British in that post. Enlighten me on the current meaning of "moosh".  Didn't know it had anything to do with toxic masculinity. Maybe being a bit past it, I'm out of touch with current slang.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

AP saying Hopkin is still after a midfielder and then goes on to say we’re in talks with Burnley about one of their u23’s. 

A few of their U23s are head and shoulders above some of the players currently without clubs 

Aero was heavily involved in both our goals against Arbroath - his presence in midield and further forward were crucial on Saturday. Glad he was deemed fit. If we can get a creative player in the middle then we'll be fine for the most part. I've never been a fan of his but he's been our best player so far and his attitude has been superb. I'm not as pessimistic as some on here - we just need to get our foot on the ball at the right times and have runners in the right areas - not rocket science.  

Just now, Finlay21 said:

A few of their U23s are head and shoulders above some of the players currently without clubs 

I think we would all be delighted if Gomez Mancini came in, as it appears he could go on loan to a higher level. I’m not sure it’ll happen, but if it did we would certainly need to adapt our style of play and not waste him. 

Just now, Jazzar said:

I'm not as pessimistic as some on here - we just need to get our foot on the ball at the right times and have runners in the right areas - not rocket science.  

Can you maybe have a word with the manager.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

we would certainly need to adapt our style of play and not waste him. 

That's my biggest fear if a decent midfielder comes in, he'll be totally wasted, stood in the middle of the park watching balls flying over his head. 

It's a poor tactic imo and it's absolutely horrible to watch. Mancini would be a fantastic addition and things would 100% need to change on the pitch or potentially in the dugout, to get results. 

Maybe the players In the Scottish leagues know of Hopkin's tactics and keep a wide berth? 

Well enjoyed the second half, least said about the first half,Arbroath really well organised  and signed a couple of decent players , wish we had that big lad there wouldn’t be as many moaners about the big punt game we played first half nearly everything stuck to him which got them up the park and made them look good., which didn’t surprise me anyone in this league will struggle against them.

Maxwell is def a big plus on the left but I think he would be better from the LB position in a back four.

Was built up a good bit Before  but O’Connor was really poor and rightly hooked, Salkeld wasn’t much better and got the same no wonder Murdoch struggled we were two midfielders down in that first half.

Massive difference when Aero came on he pushed us forward  and helped Murdoch so hopefully lesson learned there Hopkin

Im told this boy Mcallister is a player and very pacy so him at RB would give us two good attacking full backs going forward

We could have stolen it late on if McKenzie had timed his jump better, going forward I’m not as worried as most people but absolutely agree this big punt has to go. Hopkin got out of jail yesterday as the penalty miss was massive at 3-0 we were dead, surely he’ll change the system if not he’ll be away by Xmas and Duffy will take over.

Scout from Stirling  beside me yesterday looking at Hewitt and McKenzie for loans bit of a wasted journey al though he said there were other clubs looking too, that can only mean Hopkin has a couple more to come in yet.

I can definately see the squad being trimmed before the end of this month if we do get a couple from Burnley, i mean we've gone in the space of a month from saying Hopkin doesn't have a clue as we've got two players for the bench for Albion Rovers away, to now having nearly a 24 man sqaud. 

Never had that size of squad under McCall so you can't say that Dave Smith isn't backing the man, however could see Miller possibly leaving to balance the books and possibly Hewitt out on loan?, Hewitt going out on loan might be more realistic if Miller stays though as you'd have Murdoch/Muirhead/Chalmers/Miller/Mancini (for aguments sake) potentially ahead of him.

Edited by rb123!