The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont know why but I'd rather have McAdams in goal. Maybe a bit unfair on the lad but he doesnt fill me with confidence and I reckon he should have done better with both goals yesterday but I'm probably in the minority on that one 

Think it’s incredibly harsh, but I probably agree that I would like McAdams to get his change - I would imagine he might in the league cup, hopefully along with McAllister, a new central midfielder and Afolabi. 

44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont know why but I'd rather have McAdams in goal. Maybe a bit unfair on the lad but he doesnt fill me with confidence and I reckon he should have done better with both goals yesterday but I'm probably in the minority on that one 

The first goal - not a chance the keeper was getting that.  The second goal - looked like McGintys ball all the way - moved toward it then stopped.  Not sure I’d point the finger at Albinson at all.

10 minutes ago, HMIP said:

The second goal - looked like McGintys ball all the way - moved toward it then stopped.  Not sure I’d point the finger at Albinson at all.

Depends on the communication between goalkeeper and defender tbf. Neither are blame free on that one for me. 

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The second looks like McGinty left it at the last minute for the keeper, maybe there wasn’t a clear shout.

There was a clear shout from the keeper , what it was I’m not sure . But if he keeps quiet McGinty blasts it away . Proper cock up though . So the negatives of yesterday’s game have been well documented on here . The positive thing was we fought back and stopped Arbroath going home with three points . The would have been criminal from a home tie against a team most lightly confined like our selves to a bottom five finish .

Dundee United up next , a tie we most lightly lose no matter what kind of team we field . So a good opportunity to try some new combinations. I’d be wanting to give McAdam a start , also McAlister should be given a go at right back or right midfield . With the caliber of the opposition I’m guessing  we’ll go with 5-4-1 which horrible . I’d prefer a 4-4-2  but it might be a while before we see that .

Free hit next week in the cup tie with Dundee United.
Think it’s worth just going for it and trying to out score them.
If we play not to lose, we will get gubbed, or at the very least, end up like the killie game.
I'm scared we play not to lose and s*itfest a 1-0 victory and Hopkin sees it as vindication of his tactics

15 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Free hit next week in the cup tie with Dundee United.

Think it’s worth just going for it and trying to out score them.

If we play not to lose, we will get gubbed, or at the very least, end up like the killie game.

We will have two attacking players on the park, one of which will be Salkeld so basically one. I predict zero shots on target. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

We will have two attacking players on the park, one of which will be Salkeld so basically one. I predict zero shots on target. 

I'm not sure I've actually seen Salkeld control a ball it always seems to cannon off him.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure I've actually seen Salkeld control a ball it always seems to cannon off him.

If we put some quality around him he could be okay - almost a McCall style wide midfielder with one that works very hard and the other side much more attacking. 

However, we are basically using him as one of, or our only attacking outlet - so he just looks pretty shit as he isn’t in any way a technical creative footballer. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

f we put some quality around him he could be okay - almost a McCall style wide midfielder with one that works very hard and the other side much more attacking. 

However, we are basically using him as one of, or our only attacking outlet - so he just looks pretty shit as he isn’t in any way a technical creative footballer. 

Pretty much agree with you on this . He’d do well on the right hand side of midfield with Maxwell on the left going with a 4-4-2 . Adeloye and Afolabi up top . Salkeld being  replaced by O’Conner as defences tire . The main issue is as we all know is central midfield , obviously a signing is due shortly to partner Murdoch or Aero in there . Is Charlie Trafford still available? 

All hypothetical as 5 at the back is how we are going to roll for the short term anyway .

2 minutes ago, North British said:

Pretty much agree with you on this . He’d do well on the right hand side of midfield with Maxwell on the left going with a 4-4-2 . Adeloye and Afolabi up top . Salkeld being  replaced by O’Conner as defences tire . The main issue is as we all know is central midfield , obviously a signing is due shortly to partner Murdoch or Aero in there . Is Charlie Trafford still available? 

All hypothetical as 5 at the back is how we are going to roll for the short term anyway .

I find it all pretty strange: 

. We played five at the back v Albion Rovers: poor performance. 
. Four at the back v Edinburgh City, Hamilton and Burnley: (with Muirhead dropping in to make a back five at times in the first two games) Good performances. 
. Return to five at the back: absolute rancid shite. 

If Muirhead could play RCB it wouldn’t be as bad as at least he can play a pass and move forward at times. Fjortorft needs to be in the middle, as he didn’t look very capable on the right hand side - particularly on the ball. 

Wasn't at all impressed by Fjortoft - failed to close down for the first goal and seems too slow.....and lucky not to be sent off.  Also thought we improved when he went off though Arbroath were visibly tiring by then. Hoping MacAllister is a lot better in the same position but we need more creativity in midfield. Like the look of Maxwell but I'd be overjoyed if we could somehow get Stephen Kelly back in midfield. 

Maybe it was my positioning at the corner of the north terracing. The floodlights obscured my view of the defence of the second goal. I saw the Arbroath boy hit it and then it bouncing past the GK. Didnt see the defenders or what they shouted. Hopefully the highlights (somewhere other than Black and white TV) will show a better angle of it

3 hours ago, Jazzar said:

Wasn't at all impressed by Fjortoft - failed to close down for the first goal and seems too slow.....and lucky not to be sent off. 

It is pretty much his first involvement of the season so his performance might have been due to some early season rust, here's hoping anyway. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fjortoft played the same floaty ball out of defence all game. If he can cut that out I’ll be happy enough.

I asked him nicely to pass the ball and he did it the next time and we had an attack.  V kind. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe it was my positioning at the corner of the north terracing. The floodlights obscured my view of the defence of the second goal. I saw the Arbroath boy hit it and then it bouncing past the GK. Didnt see the defenders or what they shouted. Hopefully the highlights (somewhere other than Black and white TV) will show a better angle of it

https://youtu.be/-HqJ9c7mK9E