The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Rugbypark said:

Surely you haven’t got uncovered terracing in this day and age?

Man you have shipping containers in one of your stands and roughly 95% of your ground is shitty plastic seats.  You won't win this one or even come close. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

When he was playing for us and I still lived there is a very long time ago.  Going to Kilmarnock academy doesn't stop him working in Troon man.  

I remember we played you live on Sky in the Scottish cup in 2006 and they said about 10 times throughout the game that Conway’s day job was a barber.

Just now, TheScarf said:

I remember we played you live on Sky in the Scottish cup in 2006 and they said about 10 times throughout the game that Conway’s day job was a barber.

That the game where the Goalie was sent off and Dougie Ramsay went in nets for the penalty? 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

That the game where the Goalie was sent off and Dougie Ramsay went in nets for the penalty? 

Not sure. Don’t remember there being a red in the game.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not sure. Don’t remember there being a red in the game.

Yeah, keeper Mark McGeown was sent off for bringing someone down and Dougie Ramsay went in nets for the penalty. 

Ayr united 0 Inverness 2.

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm genuinely so surprised Hopkin didn't sign Josh Mullin, he's off to Hamilton on loan from us

Brilliant signing for Hamilton! 

Theres been a few cases of players leaving Livingston, whether on loan or permanent, who are very good players - and Hopkin either hasn’t been interested or hasn’t used his contacts very well. 

If we hadn’t already picked up O’Connor then I think he’d have maybe been interested but we don’t really need anyone else for that area of the pitch.

Feel free to send us a striker or central midfielder though.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we hadn’t already picked up O’Connor then I think he’d have maybe been interested but we don’t really need anyone else for that area of the pitch.

Feel free to send us a striker or central midfielder though.

O’Connor playing centrally or on the left, with Mullen on the right would have given us fantastic options going forward. Mullen will be one of the best players in this league! 

Hopefully he has a central midfielder of similar stature up his sleeve. 

Edited by No_Problemo

4 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Why are you even posting in this forum you complete twerp??? Go on the Killie forum and post on there...instead of being attention seeking prat on here.. 

Are you saying I can’t post on Pie and Bovril.

Or did you mean the Ayr thread?

Or are you too thick to know the difference?

51 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Brilliant signing for Hamilton! 

Theres been a few cases of players leaving Livingston, whether on loan or permanent, who are very good players - and Hopkin either hasn’t been interested or hasn’t used his contacts very well. 

Or been able to afford them. 

BTW, can you imagine what it would have been like on here if Hopkin had not brought in Adeloye a month ago and instead waited until today to bring in Mullen?!

Edited by Kitty_Boy

5 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Or been able to afford them. 

BTW, can you imagine what it would have been like on here if Hopkin had not brought in Adeloye a month ago and instead waited until today to bring in Mullen?!

He’s a loan player, that has went to Hamilton. If Hopkin is prioritising a very good central midfielder, I’m fine with that though. 

I’m not sure what relevance the second part has to my post! 

Edited by No_Problemo

59 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He’s a loan player, that has went to Hamilton. If Hopkin is prioritising a very good central midfielder, I’m fine with that though. 

I’m not sure what relevance the second part has to my post! 

Loan players aren't free - you still need to be able to afford the agreed percentage of their wages within your overall wage budget.  

It didn't have any direct relevance to your post - more a general comment on squad building.