The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That was pretty poor last night, we have nothing at all in the middle of the park, we need 1 if not 2 centre mids if we are going to do anything this season. I thought Adeloye did ok with the punts up the park, held the ball up at times and a few nice layoffs but for the most part he had no support other than Salkeld running around like a headless chicken in the first half. If Killie had a decent striker we could have lost badly, I dont think our centre halfs were as solid as some are making out. Although the killie fans have nothing to gloat about, that was 2 wrong calls from the ref away from 1-1.

O'Connor looked good when he came on, im assuming he is left sided - which would be a pity as would rather we went with a 4-4-2 with him and Maxwell wide

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Sorry mate, I generally applaud your positivity, but he wasn't anywhere near outstanding. He was barely average if I'm being totally honest, a 5 or 6 out of 10 for me. 

He was dragged into mediocrity with too many of our players I'm afraid.

Setup to fail by tactics that belong in the 80s. This morning's a mixture of anger and disappointment for me after that display. 

On the night we can have no arguments with the final result, perhaps you can call out a couple of talking points through the game but you're going to get those in every game. It's been said already we've got 3 other league games against them.

However, I'd be calling for the managers head if we're as abject in those games as we were last night. 

We all see the game differently, however with the little service he had he won most 50/50's, he held the ball up and laid it off when he could, he was clearly fouled and should have had a penalty and his yellow card was through clear frustration at both the incompetence of the referee and the lack of support he was getting from his team mates.

Personally I saw enough of his pace, touch and endeavour to know that we have a real player on our hands.

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Sorry mate, I generally applaud your positivity, but he wasn't anywhere near outstanding. He was barely average if I'm being totally honest, a 5 or 6 out of 10 for me. 

He was dragged into mediocrity with too many of our players I'm afraid.

Setup to fail by tactics that belong in the 80s. This morning's a mixture of anger and disappointment for me after that display. 

On the night we can have no arguments with the final result, perhaps you can call out a couple of talking points through the game but you're going to get those in every game. It's been said already we've got 3 other league games against them.

However, I'd be calling for the managers head if we're as abject in those games as we were last night. 

Spot on. I said last night barely anyone got over a 5 out of 10.

Today is a mixture of anger, disappointment and no actually being remotely surprised. 

The only difference in last night compared to last season is that it looked like the players were trying.

However continue to play like that and we'd be as well just sitting a siege catapult in the holding midfield role to constantly shell it long

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We set out our stall from the word go that we were going to defend for 90 mins and invite pressure, why ??

It must be fantastic playing against a team with no attacking threat, knowing that you will have about 30 corners and umpteen shots at goal (to their zero) and that even on an off night you'll likely get a deflected goal / og / dodgy penalty etc.

It actually reminded me in many ways of our league cup semi final except last night was even worse if that's even possible !!!

Last night was the worst derby performance I have ever seen, by a distance. Mainly because it’s the closest matched the two sides have ever been, and it looked like we were several leagues apart. 

Just now, WATTOO said:

We all see the game differently, however with the little service he had he won most 50/50's, he held the ball up and laid it off when he could, he was clearly fouled and should have had a penalty and his yellow card was through clear frustration at both the incompetence of the referee and the lack of support he was getting from his team mates.

Personally I saw enough of his pace, touch and endeavour to know that we have a real player on our hands.

If last night's anything to go by he'll need to be some talent to excel playing in a team that too often defaults to Wimbledon crazy gang hoofball for most of the game. 

He didn't have an effort on target all night, he should have given Stokes (slower than me btw) nightmares during and after the match if he had been "on it". 

His petulance for the booking kind of summed up his night for me. He talked the talk before the match but like too many in the team he couldn't back it up when it mattered. 

All that said, I really hope I'm wrong and you're right. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Nah, still fuming with Hopkin. 

A team including Haunstrup, Euan Murray, Stephen McGinn, Blair fucking Alston, Fraser Murray and Innes Cameron.

Mainly decent championship players, but we set up like we were playing a team on another level. Soft, hopeless and not anywhere near fucking good enough. 

Yes, this in a nutshell.

The way we were setup made dumplings like Blair Alston look like top international players who were many levels above our own and that's just not acceptable.

After sleeping on it, I feel we missed a big opportunity to set a marker for the season. The Killie squad is a decent championship one, but not one that should have been feared. We played so defensively it was like we were playing Barcelona or something. Honestly that style needs to get binned. If we dont come out and attack v Arbroath on Saturday then I fear a very long season of watching a dire style of play 

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Would this be an issue if you won?

Doubt it.

It was an issue before the game when I heard Ayr fans singing it and it was an issue during the game when I heard killie fans singing it. It will remain an issue until we get rid of it from our grounds.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, this in a nutshell.

The way we were setup made dumplings like Blair Alston look like top international players who were many levels above our own and that's just not acceptable.

That's largely on the management team though. They've approached that game to keep the opposition at arms length. 

They weren't brave enough to play O'Connor or Maxwell from the start (appreciating we don't know how fit they were). 

Its about results first of course it is but it's also about playing with a purpose, causing the opposition problems and heaven forbid actually having efforts on the opposition goal. However you do it. If Hopkin wants to get the ball forward quickly fair enough but that's where Adeloye and Salkeld have to find a way to get into space and get the opposition turned.

Their wayward backpass in the second half was the only time their goalkeeper's heartrate got above resting rate. Unacceptable. 

I'm actually wondering if O'Connor could play more centrally in a kind of Wes Hoolihan type role going forward. Comfortable on the ball, he can pick a pass and drift into space. He needs to start if we're actually got any ambition this season. 

Davie Smith writes the cheques to back last nights shambles, driving home he must have been wondering wtf's going on during the week. 

Ps it was mentioned last night that they've kept their top league budget for this season, is that right? 

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

It was an issue before the game when I heard Ayr fans singing it and it was an issue during the game when I heard killie fans singing it. It will remain an issue until we get rid of it from our grounds.

Such a sensitive soul.

Ps. It’s not a racist song.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

It is not a racist song.

How many of your/our fans have different coloured skins.

In Ayrshire, referring to someone as 'black' means more about being unclean. unwashed or of dubious morality... nothing to do with skin colour at all.

Just now, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

It is not a racist song.

How many of your/our fans have different coloured skins.

In Ayrshire, referring to someone as 'black' means more about being unclean. unwashed or of dubious morality... nothing to do with skin colour at all.

Yes, I know all of this. Doesn't make it okay to use that term. Just because you don't intend to be racist doesn't make something not racist. 

7 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

It isn't a racist song but it's the perception, in the present time, and connotations that it brings, that means it's outdated.

Like having the backside of a crow and being able to fly 13 miles North after having a big meal. 

Such a sensitive soul.
If it's too hard for you to work out why it's not acceptable then feel free to head over to the Killie thread and talk about it there instead of spamming the f**k out of this one.
Fuckity bye.