The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This campaign could go either way...an old song gets binned, or itzdrk does.... :lol:

@itzdrk if you did hear it on the BBC feed tonight, you should be reporting it to the police and having them investigate like they do with the sectarian nonsense that comes out of the glasgow arse cheeks

What's your plan for eradicating it at Somerset?

Edited by mugen_power

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A shite night. No need to say what everyone else has but we really need to be more attack minded from now on. 

I phoned my mum after the game and she isnt much of a football fan but watched this one. The first thing she said was how biased the BBC coverage was and about the burke love in sycophancy. Cant be bothered watching the game to find out for myself if it was like that or not 

It was.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

These derby games were never going to be like "normal" league games this season so onwards and upwards

Exactly why a result for us shouldn’t have been out the question, doesn’t sound like we played it like a derby. Ultimately they have a new squad too, no excuses. Had hoped for a Hearts style turnover. 

Edited by bazka6

2 hours ago, mugen_power said:

This campaign could go either way...an old song gets binned, or itzdrk does.... :lol:

@itzdrk if you did hear it on the BBC feed tonight, you should be reporting it to the police and having them investigate like they do with the sectarian nonsense that comes out of the glasgow arse cheeks

What's your plan for eradicating it at Somerset?

It is on the video of the team leaving Somerset, embarrassing. 

To bemoan the 2 penalty calls would cover up much bigger deficiencies for me. Overall I just don't get Hopkin's approach to the game at all. His pre match interview was too submissive, we showed way too much respect to our opponents throughout the game and were reactive through the match as well. 

You'd think we were going to the Nou Camp the way he had us setup. It seemed that first and foremost we were trying to sh!tfest a result then we go a goal behind and he starts bringing on attacking players giving them 25 minutes to try and get us back in the game. How about starting them, even attempting to get the opposition on the backfoot from the outset and looking to cause the opposition problems? Our setpieces were clueless and Aeros long throws were predictable as well. Clearly not much worked on them during the week. What are we doing if that's the case? 

Defensively I thought we were largely fine, the mix in midfield just isn't right either but that doesn't matter when you largely bypass it from back to front. Hewitt and McKenzie were like little boys lost. 

Adeloye got a stupid booking which brought him to the attention of the referee for the rest of the game and while the service to him was non existent at times he needs to show more for his teammates, hold the ball up better and link the play generally. 

I know he gets a bad press but for me Salkeld wasn't actually that bad. If we had managed to get the ball down pass through the thirds and get teammates in support of Adeloye, he'd have found space to drift into and caused them problems. 

O'Connor was the one player who looked capable of getting us back into the game when he came on. A sharp, elusive runner, he looks like he could be a really decent addition. He did more going forward singlehandedly than the majority managed for the time before he came on. Can he do it on a cold and wet midweek in Arbroath though and where does he really fit into Hopkin's "who can kick it the highest and furthest" tactics though? 

Maxwell had a couple of nice touches when he came on to suggest he could also be a decent addition to the team from midfield but needs to play in a team that actually keeps the ball and works the opposition. 

Did Afolabi touch the ball when he came on? 

There's no point Hopkin coming out post match bemoaning refereeing decisions and giving it large about perceived deficiencies of the opposition. He picks the team and sets up the tactics, quite how we expect to win a match without forcing the opposition keeper to make a save is shameful, for it to be in a derby game makes it even worse. 

While last night was a massive game for us all, in the bigger context it was also an opportunity for the players and management to set the tone for our season. Worryingly, perhaps last night's 90 minutes was indeed that indicator. 

I just hope we're not replicating last seasons debacle. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Favourite moments from last night's "derby" include the wee team turning up in our training kit and being warned for time-wasting after 19 minutes, the worst visiting fullback (no3, I'm not even going to bother looking him up 😂), and managing to get a player booked in the context of their own free kick.

An absolute shambles going out with a whimper against a newly assembled Killie side who are only going to get better. 

And you waited DECADES for that 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, North British said:

First of all Killie won the game , fair play to them , they were the more assertive side .

Hopkin gave the side that beat Hamilton their chance , are they our best eleven . No of course not , McKenzie gave little protection to Reading  Hewitt and Murdock struggled in central midfield . The three boys who arrived this week need to bed in . Our defence and keeper options are decent . I think we’ll be fine this season .

Killie away on paper is our hardest fixture of the season , them being favourites with the bookies and media darlings . We’ll see them at our place in October on a football pitch , with our crowd in and hopefully a ref that isn’t onboard with the media narratives . On the rest of the campaign Saturday is a game we need to be winning . We have the players to do that . Rest of the first quarter we have QoS and Morton at home , important games . 

9 hours ago, cop said:

Got what we deserved tonight. Surely Hopkin isn't going to set up like that all season. 

I know Burke ran the show but the comments about him were cringing from the BBC (Burke Bumming corporation)

..and folk accuse me of leanings towards the green bigots. Lovely, lovely paranoia that could be coming straight from Carfin. 😂

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and folk accuse me of leanings towards the green bigots. Lovely, lovely paranoia that could be coming straight from Carfin. 😂

Media darlings 😂 We're getting less press in this league than when we were anonymous strugglers in the one above, they've absolutely crumbled last night. 

Just now, kilMARKnock said:
2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
I see the thread has been corrupted by a few oxygen thiefs and brain donors from up the road.
Nothing worse than bad winners tbh.

All I can see there is WINNERS

Yeah you won .was too be expected.  

You were better on the night .Still thats 1 game down and 3 derby's too go .see you at somerset. 

44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It is on the video of the team leaving Somerset, embarrassing. 

Heard it as well, clear as day. Was a proper cringe moment. 

As for judging the team, I'm trying my hardest not to get carried away before we've had our first run of games. That said, if we are back to punt and run it is going to be a very long road to October. 

We have some guys in the team who look like they can play football, so if they aren't going to be utilised they are 1) A waste of a wage and 2) the manager clearly isn't up to it.

We played some decent stuff in the last two league cup games, so it is in there somewhere. We just need to bring it back to the surface. 

In the second half I thought Houston was looking done and had regressed back to his shell from last season. Not sure what is up with him whether he really struggles with confidence or what. There is a player in there when he's on his game but seemed to completely drift out of it yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I see the thread has been corrupted by a few oxygen thiefs and brain donors from up the road.

Nothing worse than bad winners tbh.

At least you only have to put up with us 1 year out of every 30...

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Heard it as well, clear as day. Was a proper cringe moment. 

As for judging the team, I'm trying my hardest not to get carried away before we've had our first run of games. That said, if we are back to punt and run it is going to be a very long road to October. 

We have some guys in the team who look like they can play football, so if they aren't going to be utilised they are 1) A waste of a wage and 2) the manager clearly isn't up to it.

We played some decent stuff in the last two league cup games, so it is in there somewhere. We just need to bring it back to the surface. 

In the second half I thought Houston was looking done and had regressed back to his shell from last season. Not sure what is up with him whether he really struggles with confidence or what. There is a player in there when he's on his game but seemed to completely drift out of it yesterday.

I heard it down at somerset. I think unwashed sounds better than black .

Ayr set up far too defensively. The boy upfront was hiding behind Euan Murray all night. The game could have been 4-0 and nobody would have complained. Surprised by the lack of fight by the Ayr side. All 22 players were making Ayrshire derby debuts. 

The guy O’Connor should have started he was the only player who worried us when he came in