The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

37 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The signing has maybe taken place already and just sorting out paperwork to see if he’s available for tonight before the announcement.

Totally possible. Why announce any additions sooner than you have to, especially for a game like tonight's?

Keep it as late as possible to give the opposition as little chance as possible to change their plans. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Totally possible. Why announce any additions sooner than you have to, especially for a game like tonight's?

Keep it as late as possible to give the opposition as little chance as possible to change their plans. 

Yeah quite right. Especially if he’s been in all weekend training so he’ll know the game plan.

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Nice 👍

I'm thinking of going for a similar setup above my garage. Have read a lot on the right projector to buy. Have to be careful as there are lots of Chinese brands out there that claim to have great specs but are crap.

If it's just for a dark room in your house then I don't think it matters that much. For what it's worth mine (which does fine in office lighting) is an Optoma DLP HD141X. which eBay suggests can be had for about £300 these days.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Is it possible to have signed a player and have him registered, but just not officially announce it and have him turn up in the starting 11? :lol:

Yes . Gordon Dalziel did it all the time .

48 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I'm slightly surprised you guys have put tickets on sale to play ourselves at home on Saturday, and after thinking 1600 would be enough against Falkirk, now think you'll hit 2000 and can't give any tickets to away fans..... 

I honestly had no idea Arbroath had got so bigtime and were such a crowd puller....

All our home games are all ticket. 

9 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Yes . Gordon Dalziel did it all the time .

I mind the glory days of Simon Stainrod seeing new faces in the warm up every week and not having a clue who it was until the tannoy man read it out.  

Decent enough signing. He showed glimpses of being a clever striker in his short spell with us. I’m sure he scored a few for Dundee but can’t really remember what the overall feeling was with them.