The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sammy Johnston was a God and could have become our greatest player in history if not for his knees going and Ally playing a blinder to dump him on Thistle for Cammy Duncan.

Is Cammy Duncan dead ?? If so, what happened to him ??

Died last year after a battle with cancer. Terrible thing to happen to a nice guy like him. :-(

Terrible thing to happen to anyone. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Died last year after a battle with cancer. Terrible thing to happen to a nice guy like him. :-(

Terrible thing to happen to anyone. 

Not so good, I always really like him as a keeper despite the odd mistake. 

That moment when listening to Heart 80s, driving in between appointments, Tiffany, I think we're alone now, comes on.

Roll on Saturday!!!

Baked potato with butter, beans, cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Fresh apple juice with some ice. :)

Speaking of new songs, how about reworking the super Nicky Devlin song?

"We've got Super Lawrence Shankland. We've got Michael Moffat too. When Declan' s on the wing, you'll hear the Ayr boys sing. United are coming after you!"

Beats having Boyle and Trouten mentioned in it and it was a fan favourite till Nicky left so I'd like to hear it make a return.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Not so good, I always really like him as a keeper despite the odd mistake. 

Happens to the best of folk unfortunately :-( He wasn't the worst keeper in the world and was always happy to chat to fans, Something you don't get today. 

14 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Tiffany, I think we're alone now

I met her in the Babylon, she 'performed' there roughly 20 years ago. Sang one song then stood about.... Then I approached like that guy from Ted. 

Hopefully after Saturday, Ayr will be 'alone' at the top of the league. :-)

53 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I met her in the Babylon, she 'performed' there roughly 20 years ago. Sang one song then stood about.... Then I approached like that guy from Ted. 

Kudos, that made me spit my brew out laughing. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Happens to the best of folk unfortunately :-( He wasn't the worst keeper in the world and was always happy to chat to fans, Something you don't get today. 

Babylon, now there's a blast from the past. I was always so drunk when going there that I could never actually remember going in.

Just thinking, it's pretty sad when you think of the nightlife in and around Ayr now, compared to what it was like 20 - 25 years ago.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Babylon, now there's a blast from the past. I was always so drunk when going there that I could never actually remember going in.

Just thinking, it's pretty sad when you think of the nightlife in and around Ayr now, compared to what it was like 20 - 25 years ago.

Ayr's on the up again for nightlife, it's only clubs that are lacking.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Shite up Ayr now, Prestwick is just as bad now that there's only one Atm that occasionally runs out of money. 

You've got Furys and Harleys, club de mar if youve just turned 12 and feeling cocky. Pish night out. 

Back then there was the Babylon, the powerhouse, slippery nipples and so on. Different kind of nightlife I suppose. :-(

Was there ever an official Ayr united Bar? I remember briefly the Prince of Wales being big on Ayr united but not too much. 

Bonkers on a Sunday night.

18th birthday parties on a Thursday night (free tickets to get in from the birthday girl) at the Club-De-Mar.

Hanger 13 a few Saturday nights to see TTF and Ultrasonic.

Nile court TJ's under 18s

Rabbies and Finlays back in the day.

Bobby Jones puggies then Saturday night dancing.

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

You confuse me. You say you met her in Babylon 20 years ago, which was 1998. I therefore assume you must have been about 18 at the time. Yet you also, a few pages back, confessed to being completely unaware who Gary Holt is, being 'too young' to remember him. Yet Gary Holt left Killie as recently as 2001, when you must have been at least 20/21 years old...

parks and rec GIF

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Bonkers on a Sunday night.

18th birthday parties on a Thursday night (free tickets to get in from the birthday girl) at the Club-De-Mar.

Hanger 13 a few Saturday nights to see TTF and Ultrasonic.

Nile court TJ's under 18s

Rabbies and Finlays back in the day.

Bobby Jones puggies then Saturday night dancing.

I probably bumped in to you a few times reading that list  !!

Nowadays we just go 4 or 5 trips a year to Poland to relive our youth and pretend we're still in our mid 20's, I'd highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't been.

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

You confuse me. You say you met her in Babylon 20 years ago, which was 1998. I therefore assume you must have been about 18 at the time. Yet you also, a few pages back, confessed to being completely unaware who Gary Holt is, being 'too young' to remember him. Yet Gary Holt left Killie as recently as 2001, when you must have been at least 20/21 years old...

parks and rec GIF

No, I'm 28 now. Every Saturday or Friday or whatever, they did an under 16s night. I used to go with my sister and pretend to be older than what I was. Would've been about 11 at the time Tiffany was there. 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

No, I'm 28 now. Every Saturday or Friday or whatever, they did an under 16s night. I used to go with my sister and pretend to be older than what I was. Would've been about 11 at the time Tiffany was there. 

That's not an under-16s night, that's a creche. Fair enough, although I think you're being generous to yourself in saying that you are 'too young' to remember Gary Holt ;)

4 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

That's not an under-16s night, that's a creche. Fair enough, although I think you're being generous to yourself in saying that you are 'too young' to remember Gary Holt ;)

Nah, never really cared much for Killie tbh. Being so young, there was always this biased and almost racist opinion on Killie, I knew of Gordon Marshall, Ally Mccoist and Ian Durrant, only because of hearing Adults talking about them or insulting them or whatever. Tbh, it wasn't really till the cup final I started learning player names. :-) 

Tee hee hee, from some of the posts I can work out who you are lol. 

Chapman Billy’s then club too far for me until getting kicked out and then a slow walk to excess. All those birthday parties as a kid in ‘jump for joy’ and last time I walked down Nile court I was singing “Ayr, Ayr...super Ayr”.......that was only last weekend lol. 

Too young up until ‘98.....16 and getting served your first pint in the tam ‘o’ lol. Used to be a place next to the old maths dickies that posh burds went....baroque or something. Peppers is the new matha dickies. 

20 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Peppers?

God, that brings back memories. We used to nip round for a pint at Lunch time when at College in Ayr and Craigie.